Diablo® III

Fetish Army got nerfed...

Hi all,

I main a WD, I have 8.7M toughness (can be buffed to 10M+ if I use Jungle Fortitude) and just noticed now that my FA's die in Torment 1... And no, I am not in Dalghur Oasis! I'm farming caches, at one point I have so many fetishes around thanks to the buff on the Fetish Sycophants. I went afk in a safe zone, no monsters whatsoever, came back, and saw I only have 3 Fetish Army dudes! I have 4 pc Zuni and before this patch, I run finish a T4 rift without loosing a SINGLE fetish army dude... This made me sad...
Reply Quote
They got nerfed 5 weeks ago together with that pet crit scale buff.
Reply Quote
I will test this in T6, I have 6m toughness, if you are right, my fetishes should disappear instantly.
Reply Quote
I'm talking about Fetish Army dudes, not Fetish Sycophants dudes, the one from passive... They are actually not the same...
Reply Quote
I know, I use FA (SMK).
Reply Quote
05/13/2014 09:03 AMPosted by mkdr
They got nerfed 5 weeks ago together with that pet crit scale buff.

As Crystian said, the passive Sycophants got nerfed, the army fetishs retained their "force armor" while the Sycos didn't. Only the passive got nerfed with the Crit hit update.

I agree Crystian, I see them dying constantly as well. I even played around with the new passives and got up to 13 mil toughness(!) only to have them die on t4 to those skeletons with the battle axes in act 3. They were near invulnerable on t4 before the patch when I only have 11 mil toughness.
Reply Quote
05/13/2014 09:08 AMPosted by Artemix
I know, I use FA (SMK).

Sorry... that was a reply to mkdr...
Reply Quote
Well, I can't notice a difference honestly, in T6 with only 6m toughness they last the same. Granted, I dont have Zuni, so I can't test how much they can stay alive passed the 20 seconds summon time. But so far, they kill elites the same as before.
Reply Quote
My FA with Zuni with Tiki Torchers are dying way more. I think they are being hit by AOE now.
Reply Quote
OK... another experiment... I ran T1 Kill Skeleton King bounty...

Summoned my Fetish Army in town, now I have 8 of them... ported to the bounty loc... killed 2 elite packs along the way to Skel King... By this time, I have like 15+ fetishes... King Skel King... port back to town... Check forums for a while... Came back with only five Fetish Army dudes...

If you are a pet WD before this patch... You know this is nearly impossible... with 8.6M toughness... I'm so sad right now.... :(
Reply Quote
I think this means that Zuni is less valued and that we put more focus on Kukri. Which sucks because of the rarity. :(
Reply Quote
Okay I don't really get what's going on in here.

How are fetishes dying in town if you have 4 piece zuni?
Reply Quote
05/13/2014 09:19 AMPosted by Krayzie
I think this means that Zuni is less valued and that we put more focus on Kukri. Which sucks because of the rarity. :(

This is how I feel now... With how much FS dudes we can generate now using our attacks... The Zuni 4 set bonus is kind of pointless...
Reply Quote
Fetish army hit alot harder than FS
Reply Quote
05/13/2014 09:23 AMPosted by Crystian

This is how I feel now... With how much FS dudes we can generate now using our attacks... The Zuni 4 set bonus is kind of pointless...

Well, generally if you run Kukri without Zuni you wouldn't use FS because of how FA kills them off. This would be our way of making sure we always have those 7-8 FAs up even with their new, fragile state.
Reply Quote
05/13/2014 09:23 AMPosted by Crystian

Agreed. The extra toughness made the Zuni/army fetishes a bit better. Now it's not really worth both the Zuni set and stacking "Increase fetish army dmg" with how quick they're dying. I understand they probably did this to offset the increased number or Sycos you can get, but now the Fetish Army skill sucks.
Reply Quote
05/13/2014 09:23 AMPosted by TopFiremanNA

I'm not saying that Fetish Army dudes died in town... Mind you that fetish army and fetish sycophants are different...

So what I stated here means that in the middle of running T1 Kill Skeleton King bounty, 3 FETISH ARMY dudes died! The ones that died in town are FETISH SYCOPHANT dudes. And before this patch, this is impossible with 8.6M toughness
Reply Quote
That's what I don't get

05/13/2014 09:27 AMPosted by Crystian
05/13/2014 09:23 AMPosted by TopFiremanNA

I'm not saying that Fetish Army dudes died in town... Mind you that fetish army and fetish sycophants are different...

So what I stated here means that in the middle of running T1 Kill Skeleton King bounty, 3 FETISH ARMY dudes died! The ones that died in town are FETISH SYCOPHANT dudes. And before this patch, this is impossible with 8.6M toughness

Okay so you're concern is that the FA fetishes are dying when they were not before correct? So what, you think they might have ninja nerfed their survivability?
Reply Quote
05/13/2014 09:31 AMPosted by TopFiremanNA

Okay so you're concern is that the FA fetishes are dying when they were not before correct? So what, you think they might have ninja nerfed their survivability?

Yes
Reply Quote
Bs.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]