Diablo® III

DiEoxidE's Ninchakru Spec w/T6 vids!

Yes, Wilson, I finally got around to it lol. I'll keep the OP as short as possible since I made a tutorial video too. This is my physical spec I've been doing for the past month, based around the ability of the player to maximize it's extreme damage potential, thus providing engaging, rewarding and well thought out game play.

Videos:

T6 video, old school locations style (for the forum vets out there :D) Also most lag free, so best representation.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mLrKH4GWGL8

10 min T6 rift video #1

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yITfE2SLeEw

10 min T6 rift video #2

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TDDUSVL9tbQ

The "How to" tutorial video with everything explained

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QpO6PnNNX1o

P.S. All T6 gameplay videos did not include unity/pridesfall/follower combo and was done with 2.6 mil unbuffed toughness. Few deaths could have been prevented if rifts were optimized better. 1 Lagspike/rubberband = dead Dieoxide :(

P.S. Kinda wish T6 vids weren't necessary to get the point across outside of just doing them for fun but apparently it prevents the "you didn't do it on T6 Rifts! so it doesn't count!" crowd from chiming in. Anyways, enjoy! All comments are welcomed.

Actual build thread:

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/12673848567?page=1#0
Edited by DiEoxidE#1987 on 5/3/2014 6:54 PM PDT
Reply Quote
DH Powa! Nice to see another physical build, any reason why you chose garwulf over 4 set marauders?
Reply Quote
Great stuff! Really nice to see how physical damage performs in multiple builds with very different execution. Have you considered a Calamity to free up that MfD slot?
Reply Quote
View profile
(>^^)>
Reply Quote
05/02/2014 04:57 PMPosted by METATRON
DH Powa! Nice to see another physical build, any reason why you chose garwulf over 4 set marauders?

I wanted the pure damage output of the specific legendaries instead of the utility the 4pc provides. If i gave up shoulders, I give up the aughilds bonus. If i gave up gloves, I lose taskers. If i gave up Helm, I lose Andy's. If i gave up pants, I lose hexing.

Basically it's me choosing more pets, but less output for everything, or massive output and 3 wolves. Either or works, I just prefer the pure output.

Great stuff! Really nice to see how physical damage performs in multiple builds with very different execution. Have you considered a Calamity to free up that MfD slot?

If i can get a good Cala to drop for me maybe lol. Nat's does complete the 3pc bonus and I prefer the quiver for the "consistency" aspect and that 2.38 breakpoint which feels so good for stepping :P Again, either or works (>^^)>, but even if i did get a cala, i'd prolly still use grim reaper just because of the multiplicative effects of the physical element and the spread damage, as well as both marks can stack.
Edited by DiEoxidE#1987 on 5/2/2014 6:46 PM PDT
Reply Quote
*Applause*

I'll be the first to say it out here. Chakram > Strafe, especially beyond T3. Sentry too is a must for T5, T6. I've already given out Strafe/FoK since last week in favor of Chakram/Sentry for T3, T4. Even with sub-optimal gear, my clear speed went up... even with just chakram spam.

For anyone with less skill however, I'll pick the 4 piece marauders over say the helm. The trouble most people have in this community is surviving, not dps.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
05/02/2014 05:27 PMPosted by Wilson
*Applause*

I'll be the first to say it out here. Chakram > Strafe, especially beyond T3. Sentry too is a must for T5, T6. I've already given out Strafe/FoK since last week in favor of Chakram/Sentry for T3, T4. Even with sub-optimal gear, my clear speed went up... even with just chakram spam.

For anyone with less skill however, I'll pick the 4 piece marauders over say the helm. The trouble most people have in this community is surviving, not dps.

once you get it down it comes back to damage, because it's not worth farming t6 if elite packs take you a minute where they'd take you 10 seconds on t4
Reply Quote
Always look forward to your organized content and tutorials.
Reply Quote
Great stuff DiE.

It's so good to see your build in action and play around. It's just everything well thought out and we know you're a perfeccionist.

I'm waiting on more people to start thinking about and looking at other skills as well other than cluster arrow. DH is such a versatile class and I think it would be a shame if everyone would end up with only 1 viable build to have in mind.

Gratz for your work! (>^^)>
Reply Quote
d=(^-^)=b
Reply Quote
05/02/2014 05:27 PMPosted by Wilson
*Applause*

Cool. I dunno though, imo it's still too early to tell in the xpac's life and many things to discover. Keep at it man :D

I had a similar conversation with action and a few other TPA members in TS. From what I've seen, the survivability issue is coming from the holes in the typical specs (as well as just outright playing better), and some players try to overcome those holes by scaling up their toughness to extremes which in turn scales down the possible damage output/other stats. Not saying this is right or wrong, but it does put into perspective balancing a build as well as make some aware of the importances of the utility that generators (and even some runes in spenders) provide. Personally I know for certain that while it's possible for me to run my exact spec without a generator, my survivability, as well as my general damage output would drop immensely.

In other news, glad you enjoyed :D

05/02/2014 05:34 PMPosted by CnoLinT
Always look forward to your organized content and tutorials.

Thanks (>^^)>

05/02/2014 05:35 PMPosted by OmegaRed
Great stuff DiE.

It's so good to see your build in action and play around. It's just everything well thought out and we know you're a perfeccionist.

I'm waiting on more people to start thinking about and looking at other skills as well other than cluster arrow. DH is such a versatile class and I think it would be a shame if everyone would end up with only 1 viable build to have in mind.

Gratz for your work! (>^^)>

(>^^)>

05/02/2014 05:06 PMPosted by ActionKungfu
(>^^)>

(>^^)>
Reply Quote
Just love how you're not using 4 piece Marauder set which I believe is overrated as hell.

Mad props!
Reply Quote
05/02/2014 07:06 PMPosted by Iscariot
Just love how you're not using 4 piece Marauder set which I believe is overrated as hell.

Mad props!

Well, you have to keep in mind people tend to over-exaggerate the next big thing, whether it's bad or good.

Personally I wouldn't say it's overrated, but I'd say I don't feel it's being utilized to it's potential yet (it's still new) and therefore hurts some players more than helps, especially the multiple important slots you have to give up that can be more beneficial depending on what you're running and how you're playing.

Thanks for the compliment though :D
Edited by DiEoxidE#1987 on 5/2/2014 7:16 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Hey found it! This is really refreshing to see a physical build and it works. Only thing I would say is that micro looks pretty tiring, but if you got the skill to keep it up then it doesnt matter.

So how do you like the hexing pants?

And what other pieces/stats are you looking for?
Reply Quote
Great Vid. To be honest, my brain froze on the the 4pc mara set as a necessity on my builds. Cant wait to go home and try out some other gear sets!

Thanks!
Reply Quote
05/02/2014 08:42 PMPosted by GEnesiS
Hey found it! This is really refreshing to see a physical build and it works. Only thing I would say is that micro looks pretty tiring, but if you got the skill to keep it up then it doesnt matter.

So how do you like the hexing pants?

If you've been around the forums for a while, I've microed the same exact way with the previous specs I've done, so I'm used to it and the pants were a perfect fit lol. I love the pants. Does take time though.

And what other pieces/stats are you looking for?

new lvl 70 Andy's helm with 7% IAS, new witching hour with 7% IAS, new quiver with disc, new garwulf with disc and better toughness. I'd also like a nicely rolled Eye of Elitch ammy (reduction vs ranged is crazy for elite affixes like jailor, thunderstorm etc). Rifting like a mofo trying to gamble for these :P

Btw, glad you didn't take offense to what I said in your thread. I just like to see DH's rise above and do well in all aspects :D
Reply Quote
!

Great job putting together a well thought out approach to getting the DH through the Sanctuary safely and effectively. Learned lots of stuff, have things to look at closely, rethink. RoS changed everything in a big way and this an excellent adaption to the new dangers Blizz threw at us.
Reply Quote
(>^^)>

Edit: lol @ Conduit + RD death. That crap is annoying.
Edited by Oble#6655 on 5/2/2014 10:23 PM PDT
Reply Quote
05/02/2014 08:57 PMPosted by Rev0
Great Vid. To be honest, my brain froze on the the 4pc mara set as a necessity on my builds. Cant wait to go home and try out some other gear sets!

Thanks!

Ya man! RoS is still young, there's much to explore still.

05/02/2014 09:39 PMPosted by wrayzee
Great job putting together a well thought out approach to getting the DH through the Sanctuary safely and effectively. Learned lots of stuff, have things to look at closely, rethink. RoS changed everything in a big way and this an excellent adaption to the new dangers Blizz threw at us.

(>^^)>

05/02/2014 09:52 PMPosted by Oble
Edit: lol @ Conduit + RD death. That crap is annoying.

I know right lol. That shrine did nothing for me :( Also, what was up with that first Elite I faught in the first rift vid where my wolves were dead for a long time and would not revive till the elite was dead ><
Reply Quote
Huh, I may be overstacking toughness. Im trying to make a poison % dmg based impale build. i need to get me one of these garwulf cloaks. Thanks!
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]