Diablo® III

2.0.5 Datamined, lots of WD changes

View profile
05/12/2014 08:55 PMPosted by Rammus
will make hexing pants a VERY interesting item even on pet docs.

they've already been a VERY interesting item lol... it's nice having 6m pdps when all buffs align :)

05/12/2014 08:55 PMPosted by Fury
Ok I get it now, missed that "not" before, it's been a long day :)

Thanks

np :) will make for a VERY nice pairing with triumph for lower T farming :D
Reply Quote
6 Dogs with life on hit! That makes us WAY tankier than before. The movement speed buff is just a very nice bonus for when you run bounties or encounter those realllllllly empty rifts!
Reply Quote
05/12/2014 08:50 PMPosted by gotaplanstan

"While you have a Zombie Dog, Gargantuan, or Fetish following you AND not in combat, your movement speed is increased by 30%."

So if even one little fetish is stuck with pathing u get ur 30% MS bonus?
Reply Quote
05/12/2014 08:55 PMPosted by Rammus
will make hexing pants a VERY interesting item even on pet docs.

they've already been a VERY interesting item lol... it's nice having 6m pdps when all buffs align :)

Yeah, but now you can literally throw out piranhas,pest, and haunt then run around without having to stop to generate fetish. This will truly maximize the hexing pants even for pets!
Reply Quote
anyone else considering using bogadile over piranhado in a phy build? i know i am, specially if haunt of vaxo isn't "fixed"
Reply Quote
05/12/2014 09:00 PMPosted by Bruce
FS 10% on hit mean that if I hit 10 enemies with firebats... it will proc 10 times 10% chance?

No way :O

It will most likely run off proc coefficients, hence the 'up to' language. For ex. coeff for VB is 1/6 per tic, so each enemy hit will have 1/60 chance to summon a fetish.

05/12/2014 09:08 PMPosted by Rammus
Yeah, but now you can literally throw out piranhas,pest, and haunt then run around without having to stop to generate fetish. This will truly maximize the hexing pants even for pets!

DoTs only proc on hit, so assuming it goes off proc coefficients, once Locust Swarm has jumped to all targets you'll still need to stop and cast to get additional chance to summon fetishes.
Edited by Gastank#1154 on 5/12/2014 9:16 PM PDT
Reply Quote
I think zombie Handler would be the best spot for passive (pet builds) since 20% huge life increase is definitely a must for higher torments. What do you think?
Reply Quote
don't see why anyone would even use VB anymore. You have to be too close to hit with them and there's no reason to sit back and channel anymore. Exp frogs is gonna be way better for firebuilds as if it wasn't already.
Reply Quote
05/12/2014 08:19 PMPosted by quesadilla
My first thought was Spirit Barrage:WoS.

That was my first thought too, as I do a partial spirit build. Trade PTV for FS maybe. My WD is going to be very happy.

Only if FS procs good though. PTV is basically free with the haunt buff from the previous patch.
Reply Quote
wish i had legacy 0dog gear, sacrifice spam for fetishes
Reply Quote
View profile
05/12/2014 08:56 PMPosted by Toad
They doubled the proc chance of FS and it works on HIT. So now proc co-efficient isn't going to matter.

Spam toads, darts, spiders, anything you want.

That is a buff in every way imo.

UP to a 10% chance. That always means skills with low procs (read almost every WD skill) will have really bad procs. I doubt this is a buff.

For toads, acid cloud, signature skills, it will probably be a huge buff for FS. For most other things it will most certainly be worse.
Reply Quote
Why is the bruiser garg now fire? That makes no sense really. He is a "bruiser" so he "physically" punches you in the face....now we have 2 fire gargs?

Also, Dire bats are not getting a big enough buff.
Edited by rockon87#1616 on 5/12/2014 9:36 PM PDT
Reply Quote
05/12/2014 09:16 PMPosted by Lycinia
don't see why anyone would even use VB anymore. You have to be too close to hit with them and there's no reason to sit back and channel anymore. Exp frogs is gonna be way better for firebuilds as if it wasn't already.

Explosive toads is single target, and AoE is where fetish builds are the weakest. VB will continue to have its uses.
Reply Quote
Yea lol rockon

They still don't get two things:
Every garg except WP does not do enough damage.
Dogs doing 30% damage per hit is still pathetic.

I will wait for patch notes to see the exact language.
Reply Quote
Hmm going to try something like this with Azure, SoJ and cold stuff: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/witch-doctor#gleQUY!eVTf!ZbZbac
Reply Quote
View profile
Im kinda disappointed, they they missed a lot of important changes.
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/12505891570?page=1

I am also disappointed with the elemental changes. Leaping Spiders to Poison? Wtf. That's the only good Physical Primary we have. Why mess with with it without opening up other options first? And Spiders already have a poison damage dealer - Spider Queen!

Well at least they fixed Dire Bats...
Reply Quote
05/12/2014 09:36 PMPosted by Gastank
05/12/2014 09:16 PMPosted by Lycinia

Explosive toads is single target, and AoE is where fetish builds are the weakest. VB will continue to have its uses.

Toads are far better at AoE than VB. I can fill a whole room with toads in a few seconds, annihilate everything, and move on. Just because a few toads seek out a target doesn't mean the rest don't create damage to everything around them. That seems like something one would say that hadn't really tried the toads. You can scatter cast the toads in 360 degree direction and wipe out everything for 40 yard radius. Plus with area damage nothing is really single-target anymore.
Reply Quote
Some changes look really good!

Fetish Sycophants: spam chance up to 10%. But it changes from "on attack" to "on hit".... Not sure how much this will affect fetish spamming.... No more spamming fetishes by vampirebat at air but if it has no internal cooldown, will probably spam more fetishes when AoEing dense group of mobs.
Fierce Loyalty: 30% movement speed out of combat! Now I may be able to keep up with monks when doing normal split bounties! XD
Dogs damage buffed to 30%! Exactly what we asked for for quite awhile!
Horrify changed to effect similar to the Tiklandian mask? Looks like Blizz realized that a lot of people like the effect of the mask, so why not change the original Horrify effect as well? (So how about the effect of the mask? Obsolete?)
Glad that Wrathful Protector was not nerfed. Knock up instead of back is a slight buff actually.
Edited by Wakeman#1773 on 5/12/2014 10:00 PM PDT
Reply Quote
[deleted]
Edited by Luffy#1946 on 5/12/2014 10:10 PM PDT
Reply Quote
I wonder if the "On hit" thing with FS will work with Area damage.

If so, we gonna have a gooood time! : )

Oh and also the zombie dogs now do 30% of weapon damage, wasn't the fire dogs doing 20% weapon damage? atleast they were higher dps then the original dog so i wonder if they get increased aswell or if its just changing the elemental aspect.
Edited by Skrax#2853 on 5/12/2014 10:08 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]