Diablo® III

5+ RoS hours played per day, I can't do this anymore

Check my profile/Hall of the Dead for my heroes for proof of my time investment. I also lost a full Raekor/IK barb to a DC a few days ago.

Go ahead and say I have no life, it's cool. I was first on US Server to reach Paragon 100 HC back in vanilla, I recently salvaged 200 lvl 70 legendaries to prove that itemization is still broken, and I quit with a stash tab full of more unID legendaries, including 2 pieces of Earth set. Here's my previous thread regarding item issues.
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/12673847578?page=1

I've been a support to D3 and Blizzard for years, and hey I'd probably still play a bit if not for the DC death, but to be honest I knew this was coming from day 1 of RoS. Still remained hopeful for changes, but there is nothing on the horizon that can fix this.

If you are actually interested in why a truly hardcore supporter of D3 would quit, read on. If you just want to call me out on being a nolifer, go ahead and do that. Please don't tell me to play PoE or some other clunky game that has everything but actual engaging gameplay that D3 spoiled me with. Heck, ancient D2 plays better than PoE.

Why I'm done with D3 (until major, major changes are made)

The game is 100% casual play for fun with whatever drops.

No competition of any kind. No true challenge and reward. No way to show off, no way to differentiate from others, no way to smack someone in the face. I could do all of those things in D2 when I was 14, and I just can't accept that Blizz decided to take all of that away in D3 15 years later.

Yes, I know, they are a business. Yes, they may be targetting different kind of audience this time around. That's cool. I guess it took me too long to realize this.

I'm done because I can't trade with friends and guildmates.
I'm done because Paragon points are pointless, irrelevant and aren't a true choice, involving no sacrifice or consideration. Just a nice to have bonus.
I'm done because 90% skills/rune combinations are still terrible.
I'm done because 95% legendary items are still terrible.
I'm done because it takes, on average, 60 minutes to see a terrible legendary drop
I'm done because my character is the same as everyone else's character.
I'm done because I can't show off my character in chat channel and talk smack to others.
I'm done because there is no PvP.
I'm done because there is no loot dueling.
I'm done because I can't hostile others in a public game.
I'm done because there is no low level dueling community.
I'm done because there is no real reward for doing anything but T1.
I'm done because D2, a 1999 game could handle 8 players in a game, and D3: ROS, in 2014 can only handle 4.
I'm done because rifts are 95% filler space and white mobs and 5% actual challenge.
I'm done because Kill Queen Aranae bounty exists.
I'm done because 99% 2handed weapons were/are bad since 1.0.
I'm done because players can't create named public games.
I'm done because Blizzard thinks I'm a little child playing M rated title and I need showing the one true way of playing.
I'm done because I have not seen any proof of a single truly hardcore D3 player working for blizzard.

So much potential, wasted.

Such simple, obvious ways to fix loot and skills and gameplay.

Add out of town PvP (it's already in game, damn it....) - Boom you have freaking PVP
Add checkmark to enable ability to hostile during game creation - Boom you have freaking PKing without D2 griefing
Add level restrictions on game - boom you have Low Level Duelling
Buff stats on terrible skills and items - you've just added 1000x new possible ways to build a character
Add str, dex, int and vita requirements on legendary gear and tie it to Paragon points, disable paragon respec, boom, you've fixed Paragon

I'll leave out the obvious things like socketing, primary stat and cc/chd madness (to this day unfixed and unchecked), because they've been talked about for years.

Enable trade, or increase drop rates x5, or implement a dead simple solution proposed many, many times: allow guild trade for those who were in guild for over a week or something.

My mind boggles at how huge potential of this game is, how vast Blizzard's resources are and how.....

Nothing changes.

I'm done.

Tell me that I need to go see some sun. You're right, I probably do. Maybe I'll come back and play this game casually like players oblivious to these issues, and be happy.
knew this when they said they were implementing boa.
05/05/2014 02:30 PMPosted by papajohns
knew this when they said they were implementing boa.

BoA is not the biggest evil. BoA and making the game completely casual is, IMO.
Another one bites the dust.

05/05/2014 02:24 PMPosted by MotherMedusa

I lol'd & agree XD
Why need a function to duel outside town when you can just go brawling? Isn't that the same thing?
Or do you want to just grief other people?

So the game is supposed to cater to a small group of hardcore players instead of the wider group of casual players?
Check my profile/Hall of the Dead for my heroes for proof of my time investment. I also lost a full Raekor/IK barb to a DC a few days ago.

Go ahead and say I have no life, it's cool. I was first on US Server to reach Paragon 100 HC back in vanilla, I recently salvaged 200 lvl 70 legendaries to prove that itemization is still broken, and I quit with a stash tab full of more unID legendaries, including 2 pieces of Earth set. Here's my previous thread regarding item issues.
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/12673847578?page=1

I've been a support to D3 and Blizzard for years, and hey I'd probably still play a bit if not for the DC death, but to be honest I knew this was coming from day 1 of RoS. Still remained hopeful for changes, but there is nothing on the horizon that can fix this.

If you are actually interested in why a truly hardcore supporter of D3 would quit, read on. If you just want to call me out on being a nolifer, go ahead and do that. Please don't tell me to play PoE or some other clunky game that has everything but actual engaging gameplay that D3 spoiled me with. Heck, ancient D2 plays better than PoE.

Why I'm done with D3 (until major, major changes are made)

The game is 100% casual play for fun with whatever drops.

No competition of any kind. No true challenge and reward. No way to show off, no way to differentiate from others, no way to smack someone in the face. I could do all of those things in D2 when I was 14, and I just can't accept that Blizz decided to take all of that away in D3 15 years later.

Yes, I know, they are a business. Yes, they may be targetting different kind of audience this time around. That's cool. I guess it took me too long to realize this.

I'm done because I can't trade with friends and guildmates.
I'm done because Paragon points are pointless, irrelevant and aren't a true choice, involving no sacrifice or consideration. Just a nice to have bonus.
I'm done because 90% skills/rune combinations are still terrible.
I'm done because 95% legendary items are still terrible.
I'm done because it takes, on average, 60 minutes to see a terrible legendary drop
I'm done because my character is the same as everyone else's character.
I'm done because I can't show off my character in chat channel and talk smack to others.
I'm done because there is no low level dueling community.
I'm done because there is no real reward for doing anything but T1.
I'm done because D2, a 1999 game could handle 8 players in a game, and D3: ROS, in 2014 can only handle 4.
I'm done because rifts are 95% filler space and white mobs and 5% actual challenge.
I'm done because 99% 2handed weapons were/are bad since 1.0.
I'm done because players can't create named public games.
I'm done because Blizzard thinks I'm a little child playing M rated title and I need showing the one true way of playing.
I'm done because I have not seen any proof of a single truly hardcore D3 player working for blizzard.

So much potential, wasted.

Such simple, obvious ways to fix loot and skills and gameplay.

Add out of town PvP (it's already in game, damn it....) - Boom you have freaking PVP
Add checkmark to enable ability to hostile during game creation - Boom you have freaking PKing without D2 griefing
Add level restrictions on game - boom you have Low Level Duelling
Buff stats on terrible skills and items - you've just added 1000x new possible ways to build a character
Add str, dex, int and vita requirements on legendary gear and tie it to Paragon points, disable paragon respec, boom, you've fixed Paragon

I'll leave out the obvious things like socketing, primary stat and cc/chd madness (to this day unfixed and unchecked), because they've been talked about for years.

Enable trade, or increase drop rates x5, or implement a dead simple solution proposed many, many times: allow guild trade for those who were in guild for over a week or something.

My mind boggles at how huge potential of this game is, how vast Blizzard's resources are and how.....

Nothing changes.

I'm done.

Tell me that I need to go see some sun. You're right, I probably do. Maybe I'll come back and play this game casually like players oblivious to these issues, and be happy.

I am done with you too, what will you do with your time now? Go try marvel heroes for a week.
+1 OP
05/05/2014 02:35 PMPosted by Eternity
Why need a function to duel outside town when you can just go brawling? Isn't that the same thing?

So the game is supposed to cater to a small group of hardcore players instead of the wider group of casual players?

A simple checkbox by game creating player to enable to disable world pvp, says "hi".

I would have mine enabled all the time in games I create. So would many others. Those who don't care about PvP would disable it. Dead simple.
Edited by MotherMedusa#1643 on 5/5/2014 2:40 PM PDT
sad part is, it will never be. they refuse to make the game anything like d2. You can see this because they removed everything that made d2 great out of the game. Everything you stated is exactly why i refuse to login, and refuse to support blizzard anymore. The only reason im on the forumns is to see if they decided to take a few steps back, rethink their whole philosphy, and hopefully changed for the better.

NO MORE OF MY $$ goes to blizzard.
05/05/2014 02:35 PMPosted by Eternity

Lets say you have a car you share with someone else. You use this car 90 percent of the time. The other person you share it with only drives it the other 10 percent. You wake up one day to find out that they have changed the paint job to your least favorite color, with pink unicorns all over it, changed the seat position, radio presets, and have installed purple !@#$%^-*s hanging from the rearview. (now maybe this is what turns ya on, but for me this is a pretty much ruined car) Would you be thrilled about this? Or would you be a bit upset that something you felt like you enjoyed and relied on before, had changed so much you didn't wanna use it anymore?

I never played D2, but I have seen this happen with other games through the years. And I have heard this same argument a thousand times over. Game companies are selling out left and right to the casual player.

I feel for ya OP, maybe one day blizz will get people that ACTUALLY play their game developing it. Until then, GL!
+1.

There's so many tiny changes they could do to make this game so much better. I really don't understand it. TINY changes that could help completely turn this game around.

- Make rift guardians have a higher chance to drop legendaries.

- Make all post-rift guardian monsters have higher chance to drop legendaries.

- Revert chest run nerfs and make each bounty turn-in have a chance of giving a legendary. People should have choices and not be told by Blizzard what they should run for loot. If people want to do T6 Arreat Core runs until their eyes fall off, that's their choice. It's bad enough that you pay ~$80 for this game (Vanilla + RoS) to be told by the devs what you should be doing.

- Lower the amount of rift fragments needed to create a rift from 5 to 3. I don't like having to grind shards before I can grind loot. I actually prefer vanilla 2.0 D3 better because I could just log in, jump into a game and farm something like Keep Depths without worrying about how many fragments I have left and then log off. It was satisfying and straight to the point of the game.

- Allow the blacksmith to socket weapons/chest/pants/helmet for a large fee; sockets should roll independently of the boring 4/2 stat setup.

These are just a few changes off the top of my head I could come up with to help make this game better. But alas, just like all other constructive posts and threads our ideas will probably go unheard. Instead blues will be replying to random threads talking about their favorite monster names and colors. I can't even bring myself to log on to D3 anymore for the simple fact that I don't want to run bounties at all before I can do rift runs; it's just completely laborious and unnecessary.

I hate RNG ... but hey, it's actually cleaning up some trash ...
Thanks for the replies guys, feels good knowing that some people understand.

I still respect Blizzard as a company, they make damn engaging games (for instance you can be a happy casual and a happy hardcore in WoW, TFT and Hearthstone), but I feel like D3 is absolutely ignored by them.
05/05/2014 02:47 PMPosted by Kute

I really hate to be all cliche'd here, but... you really, really got oyur moneys worth. And if you weren't enjoying it, you have issues. And this game was possibly sedating you. Perhaps deep down, you desired this punishment. I don't know. I'm not a psychologist, i just play one on forums

I don't regret my decision to purchase or anything. I had much more fun than I paid for. This is not at all what the post is about you know.
Because D3 was meant to be a console game

It's made for casuals . and hearthstone is made for mobile phones

D3 was never meant to be successful or take over the PC market. IT was supposed to be a pick me up for console nutters and that is exactly what it is.

It's boring. stale and lacks all features to cater to a console freaks. and basically the 4 man limit is also telling of this.

End of story .

(Luckily I didn't waste any money buying RoS . so I'll be ok)
Agreed. There are so many little things which could make it so much better.
If they would do stuff they had in D2 they would admit they did something wrong and new Blizzard can't have that. David Brevik is their worst enemy and they want to destroy his legacy and wont stop until they are done.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]