Diablo® III

Horrify reduced to 12 second cooldown so OP..

Combined with Tiklandian Visage and a little bit of cooldown reduction and nothing will ever become un-cc'ed. Can't wait to try this out.
Reply Quote
05/13/2014 06:36 AMPosted by TopRoller
Combined with Tiklandian Visage and a little bit of cooldown reduction and nothing will ever become un-cc'ed. Can't wait to try this out.

I might be mistaken but the way I understood this was that Horrify essentially does the same thing as the Visage.
Reply Quote
Yes it has been changed to do the same thing but.... only for 3 seconds. Tiklandian helm makes them rooted and feared for 8 seconds. With a 12 second cooldown down instead of 16 it will be very easy to put enough cooldown reduction gear on to have it constantly spammed. Anyone who has and actually uses a tiklandian now knows how underrated it is. This change just makes it insane.
Reply Quote
Wow reduced cooldown in the new patch? Hope mobs aren't planning on moving or attacking anytime soon.
Reply Quote
I wonder.. why do they waste words on "root + fear" when they just have to say:"stun".

Lack of mechanics at it's finest.
Reply Quote
05/13/2014 07:21 AMPosted by Artemix
I wonder.. why do they waste words on "root + fear" when they just have to say:"stun".

Yeah I find myself explinaing to party members that I can "stun" mobs for 8 seconds. Not worth saying root + fear.
Reply Quote
05/13/2014 07:25 AMPosted by TopRoller
05/13/2014 07:21 AMPosted by Artemix

Yeah I find myself explinaing to party members that I can "stun" mobs for 8 seconds. Not worth saying root + fear.

That's because not all mobs get hit with both the root and fear. Rift Guardians (and I think bosses) will only be rooted, but not feared. That's why, I'm guessing, they don't use stun but root and feared.
Reply Quote
05/13/2014 07:33 AMPosted by Krazo2012

That's because not all mobs get hit with both the root and fear. Rift Guardians (and I think bosses) will only be rooted, but not feared. That's why, I'm guessing, they don't use stun but root and feared.

Take your logical explanations elsewhere sir!
Reply Quote
05/13/2014 07:33 AMPosted by Krazo2012

Then just have different skills.. stun, fear and root. It still doesn't make sense.
Reply Quote
I preffer Mass Confusion :D
Reply Quote
View profile
If Horrify is indeed reduced to 12 seconds, I'd try out Frightening Aspect to keep my fetish alive longer since I'd only have 2 seconds of downtime (the increased armor effect lasts for 8 seconds, I use Spirit Vessel so Horrify's cooldown would be reduced to 10 seconds)

Though the act 2 plant would still kill them anyway. <_<
Reply Quote
If Horrify is indeed reduced to 12 seconds, I'd try out Frightening Aspect to keep my fetish alive longer since I'd only have 2 seconds of downtime (the increased armor effect lasts for 8 seconds, I use Spirit Vessel so Horrify's cooldown would be reduced to 10 seconds)

Though the act 2 plant would still kill them anyway. <_<

Didn't even think about spirit vessel... That means it would only take around 30% cooldown reduction from items to keep enemies cc'ed with 100% uptime using tiklandian visage.

That's not even counting tribal rites going off.
Reply Quote
Maybe because it would be effected by other gear that do specific things to "stunned" monsters?
Reply Quote
05/13/2014 08:09 AMPosted by DiGiTLMaN
Maybe because it would be effected by other gear that do specific things to "stunned" monsters?

You are correct, sir.
Reply Quote
....and not to mention you are completely negating and or severely reducing ALL monster affixes, ground effects etc against yours and groups toons in that duration :P

Groups love the lack of repair costs
Edited by REAPER666#1553 on 5/13/2014 8:15 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Not to mention my dps is going to go up about 300-400 since i can use all normal gear again lol
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]