Diablo® III

Reroll +% dmg or attack speed on hand xbow?

I got this Balefire Caster:

2719 DPS

+ 1031-1239 fire damage
+ 8% damage
+ 701 dexterity
Increases attack speed by 7%

I'm not sure what to reroll to get a socket. Any advice, please?
Reply Quote
re-roll as
Reply Quote
I would re-roll damage, the patch that's supposed to fix it might not be coming for another few weeks (or more)

also, if the euro profile is yours, I don't know if it'll actually be an upgrade
Edited by Chim#1476 on 5/10/2014 3:42 AM PDT
Reply Quote
It definitely will be an upgrade, I will replace Dawn, not Calamity of course:)
Reply Quote
Definitely the IAS, though looking at your profile and the Dawn you have right now...I dunno. The Dawn you currently have would also get the damage upgrade once the patch goes through correcting the %damage bug not working on elemental damage. Not exactly sure on the math off the top of my head right now, but you might break even on both. Best option would be to save it for now and wait for the patch to see what your Dawn will roll as before spending mats on the Balefire.
Reply Quote
So I rerolled +% dmg and still got 2662 crossbow, which is more than 100 dps better that my old Dawn:)
Reply Quote
Should have rerolled the IAS with the fix to +% dmg going in you'd have had a much harder hitting bow =/

IAS only truly matters when you have full uptime dpsing but every time you have to vault or stutterstep, you are losing the extra attacks the IAS would get you anyways.
Reply Quote
05/10/2014 06:05 PMPosted by Tharkis
Should have rerolled the IAS with the fix to +% dmg going in you'd have had a much harder hitting bow =/

IAS only truly matters when you have full uptime dpsing but every time you have to vault or stutterstep, you are losing the extra attacks the IAS would get you anyways.

this, very bad decision to reroll the %dmg, you just ruined a decent 1hxbow
Reply Quote
05/10/2014 01:58 AMPosted by Dadel
I got this Balefire Caster:

2719 DPS

+ 1031-1239 fire damage
+ 8% damage
+ 701 dexterity
Increases attack speed by 7%

I'm not sure what to reroll to get a socket. Any advice, please?

Re-roll Attack Speed. 'Nuff said.
Reply Quote
It would have just around 2540 without the ias, wouldn't it?

I will dump it once I get Nat Slayer, anyway.
Reply Quote
RIP decent hand bow.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]