Diablo® III

Tall Man's Finger not working as intended

05/20/2014 07:32 AMPosted by Cannabidiol
I want it nerfed cause I play a wiz and wizards never get anything cool. Our sets suck, FO got nerfed and CM no longer exists.

I want it nerfed because if Barbarians are brokenly overpowered people are only going to play Barbarians and will only want to run rifts with other Barbarians.
Reply Quote
it also works on crusaders bowman etc...
Edited by Wichtelman#2324 on 5/20/2014 8:54 AM PDT
Reply Quote
I find it mildly amusing that this games full of tattle tails lol it's like there are a bunch of 6 year olds playing.

I'm telling mom!
Reply Quote
does this still work? lol
Reply Quote
working as intended
Reply Quote
Let's say I equip a Sever. I can even transmog it to appear as another weapon.

Now let's say Grom spawns a little slime.

When the little slime dies, a HUGE number appears that has no impact on the game. It's just aesthetic.

If I take a screen shot, it might look a lot like what you just posted. Even with 500k character sheet damage.
Reply Quote
05/20/2014 07:58 AMPosted by DopePanda
05/20/2014 07:05 AMPosted by OldPro
It's a 1.1 billion crit. People were doing that, without the Tall Man's Finger, a week after the RoS Beta went up.

Anyway, why do you care? Do you have that item and want to tone it down because it makes you feel too powerful? Like you aren't getting that hard-won victory over all Blizzard's broken Elites?

What's that? You don't have a Tall Man's Finger?

Well that's too bad. I really wish we could trade in this game, because I have many of them.

And I would certainly like to give everyone like you the Finger!

Actually I do have tall man's finger and a fully geared CoTA barbarian. I am just notifying blizzard over this bug as I tested it myself before maintenance. No need to get so mad over it rofl.

You are the one getting all sandy, just leave it alone little girl. Play your game.
Reply Quote
Community Manager
The Tall Man's Finger is only intended to work with Witch Doctors, and other classes benefiting from its Legendary affix is actually a bug. We plan to implement a hotfix fairly soon that will correct this issue, but we wanted to let everyone know that we plan to do so before hand. Thank you all for the reports!
Reply Quote
05/20/2014 03:17 PMPosted by Grimiku
The Tall Man's Finger is only intended to work with Witch Doctors, and other classes benefiting from its Legendary affix is actually a bug. We plan to implement a hotfix fairly soon that will correct this issue, but we wanted to let everyone know that we plan to do so before hand. Thank you all for the reports!
I absolutely cannot wait to see what you guys break next with the hotfix. every single fix/patch that comes out fixes one thing but breaks two others.
Reply Quote

Why don't you just make it work for every classes pets? Right now the ring isn't "fusing" the other pets into one but you know you could make it do that?
Reply Quote
I have to say that it's very fun to have some equivalent gear for classes other than WD.
Reply Quote
after seeing videos of this item, I have to say, IT'S TOO FUN.
Reply Quote
Can Monks have something cool to look towards please? Fist Weapon with cool affix, Daibo with something cool, spirit stones that have usefull cool affixes, rings? I dunno something to look forward to that is OURS! PLEASE! (Sorry just jealous and crying I know)
Reply Quote
butttt its hotfixed now
Reply Quote
05/20/2014 03:18 PMPosted by WarmPuppies
I absolutely cannot wait to see what you guys break next with the hotfix. every single fix/patch that comes out fixes one thing but breaks two others.

;) It's part of the fun lol, every single patch...
Reply Quote
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PRmXAuERKM0&feature=youtu.be

Lol.
Reply Quote
05/20/2014 07:20 AMPosted by Visionhero
05/20/2014 07:05 AMPosted by OldPro
It's a 1.1 billion crit. People were doing that, without the Tall Man's Finger, a week after the RoS Beta went up.

Anyway, why do you care? Do you have that item and want to tone it down because it makes you feel too powerful? Like you aren't getting that hard-won victory over all Blizzard's broken Elites?

What's that? You don't have a Tall Man's Finger?

Well that's too bad. I really wish we could trade in this game, because I have many of them.

And I would certainly like to give everyone like you the Finger!

Well played. :) I broke mine down a while back. :(
I do not think he meant the item, bro! *grins*
Reply Quote
05/20/2014 03:28 PMPosted by Baak
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PRmXAuERKM0&feature=youtu.be

Lol.

wow....
Reply Quote

Common Grimiku, please watch this video before deciding to fix it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7mQuHh1X4H4
Reply Quote
yeah, i see blizzard fixing this bug and breaking about 5 other things that will be nerfed to fix them.

not complaining about this fix, it should be done. i just know their track record with bug fixes and hot patches.

Also, um how did this get hot patched so quick anyway?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]