Diablo® III

The Anniversary buff does not affect Kadala's loot

http://www.diablofans.com/news/48072-anniversary-dev-stream-highlights-clarifications
Reply Quote
doesn't seem to effect caches either.
Reply Quote
could have fooled me..spent about 400 shards this morning and got 3 legendaries lol.
Reply Quote
Community Manager
You're correct! The anniversary buff does not influence the Legendary drop rate from Kadala or Horadric Caches. It's good to keep this in mind as you adventure through Sanctuary over the duration of the anniversary celebration.

I hope everyone is enjoying the buff, killing lots of monsters, and finding tons of loot. Happy anniversary, Diablo community!
Reply Quote
05/16/2014 10:30 AMPosted by Grimiku
You're correct! The anniversary buff does not influence the Legendary drop rate from Kadala or Horadric Caches. It's good to keep this in mind as you adventure through Sanctuary over the duration of the anniversary celebration.

I hope everyone is enjoying the buff, killing lots of monsters, and finding tons of loot. Happy anniversary, Diablo community!

I am! My new WiZ is gearing up quick! Got three pieces of Tal's in stash, just waiting for that RRoG now!
Reply Quote

I am declaring the buff NSFW (Not safe for work) as I am finding myself tempted to call it a day at the office to go home and play ;)

In all seriousness, it has been extremely fun - thanks for all the hard work to those at Blizzard
Reply Quote
holy crap, my assumption based on personal experience was right?!?!!

many people in this community seem to think that's impossible. :D
Reply Quote
View profile
why would a legendary DROP rate increase affect things that aren't drops? drop means something that dropped on the ground. gambled items go from kadala right to your inventory.

caches are a gray area, because the item DOES drop on the ground of course, but you originally get it inside the cache, which goes right into your inventory.
Reply Quote

You know what would be a fun stat to share? The amount of monsters slain from the start of the Anniversary Buff to the end =p.
Reply Quote
Happy Anniversary to you and everyone at Blizzard Grimku. Very well done on the anniversary buff! Just wanted to say thank you for all the hard work and effort you guys continuously put into making D3 such an awesome game. Keep up the good work!! :)
Reply Quote
Played last night - did a run on a rift and also a run in adventure mode to get a cache doing both on T1.

Results were a 2 handed sword legend drop doing rift run - Crappy sword and during the run in adventure mode got 1 recipe to make a sword. Did not get any thing again in a cache.

Didn't notice anything different with the anniversary buff compared to a non-anniversary buff..this was with around 3 hours of gameplay.

Prob bad luck or something is still not working right. Will try again tonight and hope to have different results.
Reply Quote
its gonna feel so unrewarding going back to normal droprates again, really feel the droprates is at a good spot now, i can finally find motivation to play for more than a hour in a row.. dont get this buff, i mean after its gonna feel even more unrewarding than it did before the buff..?
Edited by SuzukiTorben#2225 on 5/16/2014 11:00 AM PDT
Reply Quote

OMG A BLUE! Thank RNGeesus!
Reply Quote
its gonna feel so unrewarding going back to normal droprates again.. :(

^This^

I know most people claim they get 2-4 per hour without the buff, but this has defintely NOT been the case for me. I'm lucky if I get 1-2 per hour. With the buff it feels about right, although everything so far has just become another forgotten soul.
Reply Quote
Grimiku, any word if there's a chance that the anniversary buff will stay or at least buff the legendary percent by a margin, like let's say 50% instead of the 100% that were seeing now. I think I'm speaking for the majority of the community when I say that the actual drop rate were seeing now its close to perfect/rewarding for the player.
Reply Quote
Feel the drop rate at the right spot with the buff, given that most of the drop are pretty useless.
Reply Quote
God this is gonna be awful when its over.
Reply Quote
05/16/2014 11:12 AMPosted by cupAsoup

So true... we are going to be so use to this method of play. Its guna make the original game feel like crap lol

IMO it should only last a day or 2
Edited by OldSchool#1359 on 5/16/2014 11:15 AM PDT
Reply Quote
05/16/2014 11:15 AMPosted by OldSchool
05/16/2014 11:12 AMPosted by cupAsoup

So true... we are going to be so use to this method of play. Its guna make the original game feel like crap lol

IMO it should only last a day or 2

I just think they should leave it in, I was playing for hours yesterday , hours and hours and i got maybe 4 legendary items , none where of use to me and im not very well geared but it was nice actually seeing some for a change because normally i can go hours without seeing one drop.
Reply Quote
3 Torment 6 Rifts, 2 legendaries. "enjoying" is a weird word.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]