Diablo® III

T6 FuriousCharmQuake build(w 6m45s clear vid)

So we've been nerfed. Needless to say I had to make a few adjustments after the patch. Just thought I'd share here what I've done and hopefully give some of my fellow barbs some ideas to play around with.

First let me just say that I normally play in a group (T5). When I play solo, which is probably 25% of my playtime, I play T6. Not for the efficiency but for the challenge/fun. This is also the reason why I don't run unity + follower combo. I don't want to swap gear/skills out whenever I receive a party invite. Anyway, I digressed. Here's the build:

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/barbarian#WXfkTP!ZXSe!ccbcYZ

Frenzy - Maniac: After the patch, I started running a zero spender build. Maniac seemed like a natural choice since it boosts my EQ damage which is really my only damage source.

Leap - Death from Above: Death from Above always seemed like the best choice for me. The stuns provide extra mitigation and helps keep monsters inside the quakes

Threatening Shout - Grim Harvest: 20% damage reduction and charms the enemies (with Resonance). This is pretty much what keeps me alive in T6. Grim Harvest is the best choice IMO with Resonance. Casting TS in the middle of a pack gives me plenty of globes. And without bloodthirst, globes will be my main source of healing outside of Templar heals. Without Resonance I'd go for Demoralize for the taunt, but with Resonance the taunt is negated by the charm effect

Warcry - Impunity: In my early tests in T6, this was pretty much mandatory. It sucked losing sprint but this helps me survive a lot more and helps me clear faster.

EQ - Molten Fury: Standard choice for fire LeapQuake barbs

WoTB - Insanity: This skill slot is probably the wildcard. What I noticed is that when I die in T6, it's usually from getting trapped by jailer, frozen. I might change this soon. (Played with Slaughter for a bit bit went back to Insanity)

Ruthless - for extra damage. All enemies fall below 30% at some point.

Berserker Rage - Cause I'm alway angry.

Boon of Bul Kathos - Not too thrilled with this taking up a slot but I hate having WoTB down when I need it so the extra 30 secs uptime is welcome. I would use Weapons Master here as a second choice

Superstition - For the 20% elemental damage reduction (replaced by Weapons Master in the latest video)

Rampage - Replaced Superstition. I decided to go full blown offensive passives after getting a decent upgrade to my pants. (took Rampage over Weapons Master as suggested)

Some of the passives can be changed to Brawler and Rampage, but I prefer having passives that are always taking effect. Ruthless and Zerker Rage are useful to mobs and rift guardians. Weapons Master is also a good choice but TBH I'm not sure how much damage it gives me (having 52% crit chance)

Items:

Skull of Resonance - This item is great and is probably the only reason I can do T6. The charm effect last for 15 secs and the chance is high enough that it's almost always guaranteed to charm at least one of the elites. Rift guardians are unaffected by the charm but they can be dealt with some other ways. The trick to using this is to jump to as much enemies as you can and then cast TS. Use subsequent leaps to position yourself outside the clump of enemies and let them fight inside your quakes. In the videos, you'll notice that I'm not getting attacked most of the times, so the only real danger are the ground effects. Another awesome thing about this is if you charm a fire chain elite, the charmed elite will break the chain!

Aughilds Set - Extra 15% elite damage and mitigation? I'll take it

Chilanik's Chain - The 10 sec speed boost is very conenient

Haunt of Vaxo - I have a better rolled Ouroborous but I chose to use this for the clones. It's pretty glorious when the clones pull enemies into myquakes. Plus they also provide extra mitigation for me

Trago'oug coils - I use this to reset my WoTB CD whenever I can

Templar relic (all skills) - Templar heals are awesome and lets me use my potion only as a last resort

Ess of Johan - Put this on your templar. You won't regret it.

Azurewrath + Freeze of Deflection - Nothing stellar but any additional CC is welcome, especially on Rift Guardian fights

My stats w Impunity:
Armor: 18,198
HP: 420K
Resists (w Impunity): 972-1324
Damage: 796K
Toughness: 12.6M
CDR: 25.95
CC: 52%
CD: 533%

Videos:

12 mins 28 mins run. First run I did this morning. After this I swapped some gems around, so my stats are a little different from what's stated above.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tNryydEwXL8&feature=youtu.be

8 mins 31 secs run. Got a little help from a conduit pylon in the first level and a channeling pylon later, hence the faster clear time. This video highlights how I can leap in the middle of mobs and avoid damage while doing so.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U0J-gz4AaIg&feature=youtu.be

T6 Rift with Party. Skip to the end for chaotic guardian fight. 2 Elites + 2 Champs + Rift Guardian.

http://youtu.be/COaml02rUFE

6 mins 45 secs run. Finally a map with good density! I'm using an updated build here without Superstition and using Slaughter instead of Insanity. Had a few close calls but managed not to die. I could have cleared this in 4 mins if I picked up that Conduit pylon, but that isn't anything to be proud of :p Updated build here: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/barbarian#WXfkTP!ZXSY!ccbcYb

http://youtu.be/62gvsnOq-b0

< 8 mins run. One of two I did this morning.

http://youtu.be/Hp_t9DWKcHs

10 mins run. Using the trending, no spender, no generator variation.
http://youtu.be/ypFMh-h1hDY

I would say I'm averaging 10-15 mins in T6 rifts depending on density. Edit: It's been a while since I had rifts over 12 mins. So probably averaging 8-12 now. I'm going to start collecting data on my solo rift play for tracking purposes.

Biggest problems with this build are enemies who just keeps running away. Vaxo and Ess of Johan helps but they are too random. In terms of rift guardians, Rime and Ghom are really the only two that gives me trouble.
Edited by Baconinja#1209 on 5/23/2014 5:11 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Updated build here:

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/barbarian#WXfkTP!ZXSY!ccbcYb

Also uploaded new video with above average monster density. 6 min 45 clear time with no Pylons this time :)
Reply Quote
I really think you should consider running Rampage over Weapons Master, especially in rifts. At least give it a try.
Reply Quote

My stats:
HP: 424K
AR: 856 - 1225 w Impunity
Damage: 799K
Toughness: 11.9M w Impunity
CD: 530%

[/quote]

Hmm unles i missed something - Impurity gives 20% to all res no? so you should have 1027 (20% of 856 = 171 + 856) Was it a typo or are you actually getting an exta 200 from your shout?
Reply Quote
05/18/2014 10:25 AMPosted by Shibbles

My stats:
HP: 424K
AR: 856 - 1225 w Impunity
Damage: 799K
Toughness: 11.9M w Impunity
CD: 530%

Hmm unles i missed something - Impurity gives 20% to all res no? so you should have 1027 (20% of 856 = 171 + 856) Was it a typo or are you actually getting an exta 200 from your shout?

I was actually trying to say my Resists are 856 - 1226 with Impunity. Let me fix that :p

05/18/2014 09:28 AMPosted by Nubtro
I really think you should consider running Rampage over Weapons Master, especially in rifts. At least give it a try.

Good suggestion, thanks! Now that I think about it, I will probably get more from the extra 25% STR than the 5% crit. I remember I just didn't like playing on a timer and not seeing the buff icon during Rift Guardian fights, but you made me reconsider :) I will give this a shot again and not try to mind the counter.
Edited by Baconinja#1209 on 5/18/2014 11:28 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Your build is close to being good.

Here's my EQ build us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/barbarian#TXjkfP!jSXZ!YYaccZ

I run with Harrington, Strongarm and 2x Unity.
I swap in Larceny and Chilanik's when needed.

Last time I played this I did 16 rifts in 2 hours, including inviting noobs from RiF.

Some small observations:

1. Frenzy is !@#$, get rid of it.
2. Rampage is the best barb passive so get rid of Weapon Master.
3. Stop being a damn hippie and get 2x Unity.
4. You have a good Devastator and you're using it wrong. Move Sun Keeper to main hand and reroll the Devastator to CDR.
Reply Quote
05/18/2014 12:02 PMPosted by zapro

Whoa that's almost a compliment :p

Interesting build, I'm too lazy to learn pro gear swapping so it might not be effective for me. Plus I don't have Larceny ring. Do you use SoR and cindercoat with this build? or unity and SoJ? cmon stop hiding your profile.

4. You have a good Devastator and you're using it wrong. Move Sun Keeper to main hand and reroll the Devastator to CDR.

1. But but what do I do between leaps?
2. Yeah, Nubtro already made me realize this mistake
3. Should I get rid of my tie dyed shirts too?
4. I've actually been trying, but I can't get anything other than damage. Now it's at 3m a pop to reroll and I'm broke. I'm starting to think Bliz "fixed" this
Reply Quote
05/18/2014 12:51 PMPosted by Baconinja

Interesting build, I'm too lazy to learn pro gear swapping so it might not be effective for me. Plus I don't have Larceny ring. Do you use SoR and cindercoat with this build? or unity and SoJ? cmon stop hiding your profile.

4. I've actually been trying, but I can't get anything other than damage. Now it's at 3m a pop to reroll and I'm broke. I'm starting to think Bliz "fixed" this

1. Admire the view. Or swap items. Seriously, that's what Blizzard wants us to do.
2. Good.
3. Yes.
4. Good.

In all seriousness, having the ability to rotate CotA with WotB beats the insignificant Frenzy tickles between leaps.

I usually have SoF on because the charm slows down feared mobs and I can gather them back with Leap.

http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/zapro-2758/hero/15442902
Reply Quote

Last time I played this I did 16 rifts in 2 hours, including inviting noobs from RiF.

Some small observations:

4. a.) Can anyone explain the logic behind the SK in MH (I though you'd want your weapon with higher dps to be there
b.) Reroll the strength or socket on the Devastator in favor of CDR? And can anyone also explain the logic behind that as well?

Both of my questions are things I've tried to figure out on my own but this seems like a good thread to get my answers :)

Edit: sorry for getting off track of original topic
Edited by Circenn1288#1117 on 5/18/2014 3:42 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Main hand - u want the highest weapon dmg. Not dps
Reply Quote
Posted by Baconinja

1. Admire the view. Or swap items. Seriously, that's what Blizzard wants us to do.
2. Good.
3. Yes.
4. Good.

In all seriousness, having the ability to rotate CotA with WotB beats the insignificant Frenzy tickles between leaps.

I usually have SoF on because the charm slows down feared mobs and I can gather them back with Leap.

http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/zapro-2758/hero/15442902

Ok, I tried swapping out Frenzy with CoA and wore my dusty old Harrington. And with belt buff, Elites pretty much die in one rotation. And uptime on CoTA and WoTB is good, so I can have one up while the other is on CD most of the times. But I ran into a few problems.

1. How the ^&%^ open doors?
2. How do you not look like an idiot while leap is on CD?
3. Without your pro gear swapping, I feel slow moving around the map. Can you do this build without your AHK?

Thanks, for the profile link. I've always wondered what kind of build you're running. And I thought I had it bad trying to gear up 4 barbs. Lol.

I think I'm gonna stick with frenzy for now, but in group play I think your build might actually work out better for me.
Reply Quote
05/18/2014 03:37 PMPosted by Circenn1288

Some small observations:

4. a.) Can anyone explain the logic behind the SK in MH (I though you'd want your weapon with higher dps to be there
b.) Reroll the strength or socket on the Devastator in favor of CDR? And can anyone also explain the logic behind that as well?

Both of my questions are things I've tried to figure out on my own but this seems like a good thread to get my answers :)

Edit: sorry for getting off track of original topic

1. Main hand should have higher weapon damage not DPS
2. Zapro's suggestion was to reroll off the damage on my Devastator and replace with CDR. This is because I don't have any skills that use off hand damage (except my Frenzy tickles). So I'm better off with my offhand giving me useful stats. I'm beginning to think it';s impossible to roll of damage though. Lost all my gold trying to do it yesteday
Edited by Baconinja#1209 on 5/18/2014 5:11 PM PDT
Reply Quote
05/18/2014 05:01 PMPosted by Baconinja

2. Zapro's suggestion was to reroll off the damage on my Devastator and replace with CDR. This is because I don't have any skills that use off hand damage (except my Frenzy tickles). So I'm better off with my offhand giving me useful stats. I'm beginning to think it';s impossible to roll of damage though. Lost all my gold trying to do it yesteday

I've enchanted the damage roll on weapons quite a bit and I would guess 19 out of 20 options is another damage roll. I've seen the odd area damage roll and so on pop up, but they are very uncommon. Getting CDR instead of a damage roll will probably be very expensive on average.
Reply Quote
05/18/2014 05:14 PMPosted by Freudian
05/18/2014 05:01 PMPosted by Baconinja

I've enchanted the damage roll on weapons quite a bit and I would guess 19 out of 20 options is another damage roll. I've seen the odd area damage roll and so on pop up, but they are very uncommon. Getting CDR instead of a damage roll will probably be very expensive on average.

Yeah that's probably what I'm seeing. Sadly I can't enchant my existing Devastator anymore at 3m a pop. So I'll probably try this again some other time
Reply Quote
Ok I finally figured out the most effective way to spend Leap Cooldowns.
http://youtu.be/GY2fEd1bsYc
Reply Quote
left click = hota and you can open doors

azurewrath is really annoying, counter-productive to to johan imo.
Reply Quote
05/18/2014 05:29 PMPosted by KAMBO
left click = hota and you can open doors

azurewrath is really annoying, counter-productive to to johan imo.

Err hota will destroy the build completely. I was asking in context of zapro's build. Only thing i can think of is swapping firewalkers but that's too troublesome.

I'll take the freeze on azurewrath against guardians over the slight annoyance of leaving one monster out of johan's proc. but that's just me
Reply Quote
05/18/2014 04:58 PMPosted by Baconinja
1. How the ^&%^ open doors?
2. How do you not look like an idiot while leap is on CD?
3. Without your pro gear swapping, I feel slow moving around the map. Can you do this build without your AHK?

1. I do it with Fire Walkers. Door density isn't high so it's ok.
2. You have to look like an idiot. Let me quote myself
05/17/2014 04:40 PMPosted by zapro
The good EQ builds now require berserker's rage, 0 fury spenders, some CDR and waiting around like an idiot for Leap to go off cooldown.

3. Swapping 1 item at a time manually doesn't bother me. I don't snapshot CotA for this build.
Reply Quote
@zapro - noob question:why threatening shout:terrify? Wouldn't take make enemies to run out of your earthquakes and away from your ancients?
Reply Quote
05/18/2014 06:38 PMPosted by gooball
@zapro - noob question:why threatening shout:terrify? Wouldn't take make enemies to run out of your earthquakes and away from your ancients?

Because I use one of these
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/item/rechels-ring-of-larceny
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]