Diablo® III

this is a bug or intended?

every time i drop a banner to point something (mostly gobbos) my wizard's familiar shots in that direction, usually waking up the gobbo, is really annoying. this happens when i activate TP too.
Reply Quote
????
Reply Quote
Community Manager
I've noticed this on my Wizard, too, but I don't think it's a bug as much as an unintended side effect. I never thought about it being a quality of life issue, though, so I think you've brought up a good point. I'll mention it in one of our meetings and see what the developers think. Thanks for the feedback!
Reply Quote
Mine also fires when I portal out of an area.
Reply Quote
The familiar also shoots when you try to cast portal. Once when u start casting, and once before you leave the map.

It is not much, but those cast wastes my tal's proc...... :)
Edited by seansky#1859 on 5/16/2014 8:56 AM PDT
Reply Quote
If it wastes the buff of your 4 piece set...kind of a huge deal.
Reply Quote
05/16/2014 08:49 AMPosted by Grimiku
I've noticed this on my Wizard, too, but I don't think it's a bug as much as an unintended side effect. I never thought about it being a quality of life issue, though, so I think you've brought up a good point. I'll mention it in one of our meetings and see what the developers think. Thanks for the feedback!

lol! thats the very definition of a bug- at least by Blizzards definition. Every time there is a GOOD "unintended side effect" its gets nerfed and its called a "fix".

So, I would call this a bug and it needs a fix. True, its not major, but anyone would be pissed if their familiar chased off 100 gobbos like that.
Reply Quote
05/16/2014 09:02 AMPosted by pantherdane
but anyone would be pissed if their familiar chased off 100 gobbos like that.

Not really... it's not like they ever drop anything but crafting mats.
Reply Quote
A software bug is an error, flaw, failure, or fault in a computer program or system that causes it to produce an incorrect or unexpected result, or to behave in unintended ways.

Nowadays apparently we call nerfs "bugs" and actual bugs "unintdened side effects"
Edited by ShoknAwe#1176 on 5/16/2014 9:38 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Sure fix a minor Bug that is very situational yet we still have Boa's and much more pressing quality of life issues.
Reply Quote

And that's what is wrong with the dev team, no one is there that can actually see the details, and seeing how everything affects everything.

Such a shame :(
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
This also happens with DH vault during Vengeance.
Reply Quote
It's definitely a bug. You used to only shoot your familiar (or any other proc effect" when attacking/using a skill but I've noticed recently that ANY action can proc things now. That includes dropping your banner or teleporting. It's definitely annoying but I'm sure they'll fix it by this time next year. ^.^
Reply Quote
This has never been an issue for me. I suggest to be more careful. I want my familiar shooting as much as possible.

Edit: Giving this a second thought. I suppose if your not attacking it shouldn't attack...

I just cant believe people actually use their banners for something.
Edited by OldSchool#1359 on 5/16/2014 11:09 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Hey Grimiku, can you also mention in the meeting that the Bul'Kathos Set is proc'ing from any action, such as talking to NPCs, opening stash, chests, clicking corpses, literally, anything. It sucks, because it puts the proc on internal cooldown and it won't proc when I actually hit monsters...
Reply Quote
"Why don't the blue ever post anything!"
*Blue posts something*
"SEMANTICS WAR!!!!! RAWRFZLOP"
Reply Quote
Its intentional. The familiar is trying to help you by shooting at the nearest enemy. This wouldn't be a real "bug fix" so much as adding a little bit of A.I. to the familiar.
Reply Quote
05/16/2014 11:49 AMPosted by TheTank1988
Its intentional. The familiar is trying to help you by shooting at the nearest enemy. This wouldn't be a real "bug fix" so much as adding a little bit of A.I. to the familiar.

have to disagree. the familiar will not shoot until you shoot. Unlike your followers, the familiar doesnt initiate an attack.

dropping a flag, teleporting to town and opening a rift is not attacking. its a bug.
Reply Quote

yeah so i guess TELEPORTING OT TOWN AND YOUR FAMILIAR SHOOTING RANDOM CRAP ISN'T A BUG EITHER?

lol
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]