Diablo® III

Google Blocking Apps on Google Play

Does anyone know why Google are blocking Diablo 3 apps on their Google Play store, saying they 'infringe the intellectual properties of Blizzard'

I thought if you used the API (the same as most websites providing calculators) then a developer would be ok to create an application for end users to use

Or am I wrong? Could the developer be using copyrighted material they shouldn't be using?
Reply Quote
I pushed an update to my application (D3 Calc by ZTn) this night, accepted and now live.

Do the blocked applioation integrates to much Blizzard pictures (I only use some icons that are downloaded from media.blizzard on demand) ?
Or source code not made public (as it is mandatory when using the API) ?

A blue answer please !
Reply Quote
Hi Tok,

The app links to icons, armour, stats and is called 'Diablo 3 Armory RoS' written by Diginium Graphics - they state that Google keep blocking their account so they have to re-release under different name - this means if you had previously downloaded and paid to remove ads, you can't update the current app and if delete it is lost forever. if you update to new you and remove ads you take the risk the app will be re-added to the store under different developer name and thus have to pay again.

I know developers update the apps and some fees are worth paying extra, but for a developer to blame Google and then repost the same apps under different name to me is suspicious.

I had paid for a few apps from them recently to get the ads removed to now find out I can't update them as they have changed name (they now using Diginium and Diginium Mobile).
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]