Diablo® III

Angel and Demon?

Okay so something I have always wondered is that it seems the Nephilim has a place in both the demon world and the angel world. So does that mean that our hero the Nephilim has traits of both? And if that is the case, what happens if he gives too much to the Angel side or the Demon side?
Reply Quote
Nephalem/humans originally came from pairings of renegade angels and demons, so, yes, humanity has both angelic and demonic traits, which makes the humans who manage to awaken their nephalem powers very powerful and also dangerous, depending on how they use those powers.

Humans can be corrupted or possessed by demons (at least from what I know, there are no reports of angelic corruption or possession, but, in my opinion, it seems possible). Humans can be possessed by demons via the use of soulstones, magic rituals, or if the human happens to be gullible enough that the demon can work its way in. Other humans have been corrupted by demons to the point of insanity, to join demonic cults like the one Maghda led in Act I and Act II of Diablo 3, or to just serve the demon they were corrupted by.

Other than those situations, it is up to humans and the nephalem to decide their actions and their beliefs, the mixed angelic/demonic heritage also gives them the power to choose who they want to be rather than feel greatly, impulsively (to the point where it becomes involuntary) compelled to strictly adhere to the culture and stereotypes of their brethren and society like angels and demons do. I hope this has all made sense.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]