Diablo® III

Horadric Caches are extremely unrewarding

Blizz, it's terrible joke that after you "buffed" chance for legendary from torment Horadric Caches it's still hard to get 1...1! legendary from 10 T5 caches. I don't say I want to get RRoG instantly even if I still don't have even 1 ring. But it's ridiculous that we don't get ANYTHING from these things. Where is that "buff"? I've opened 50 T5 caches and didn't get single legendary that isn't cache only. In fact I got 1 leoric pauldrons, 1 leoric's amulet and these a1 cache bracers...it's stupid and I really don't like doing bounties because of that... You should buff leg drop rate from horadric caches. It's not good to make people farm items only by doing rifts. It kills variety, makes game more boring and we are suffering this boredom every time we have to farm rift keys.
Edited by RIPi#1748 on 5/29/2014 7:48 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Hi. Opened 6 caches from Normal Mode and got 4 legendaries. RNG is RNG.
Reply Quote
opened 35 t2 caches yesterday. Not a single leg from any. Still searching for that first rrog but any beam would have been nice yesterday
Reply Quote
Horadric Caches, were intended to basically be the same as what drops from a Rift Guardian, though you're swapping blood shards, for rift keys. That's it. We should probably consider ourselves lucky we can do bounties on low torment, and basically get the same amount of stuff. Not true for loot from the RG.
Reply Quote
04/01/2014 08:30 PMPosted by Nevalistis
Difficulty level has no impact on Horadric Cache loot. We recently [url="http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/12032813274"]hotfixed [/url]an issue where gems from Caches were erroneously being impacted by difficulty level, but this was not intended.

There are, however, special Legendaries that only drop from Horadric Caches. The Ring of Royal Grandeur, which reduces the number of items you need to complete a Set bonus by 1 to a minimum of 2, is such an example.

So... if you're after cache loot or bounties, don't do it at your regular rift difficulty. Most people just go at normal, and chain Act 1 bounties in 4 players games.
Edited by Pyrocyborg#1802 on 5/28/2014 12:31 PM PDT
Reply Quote
That is a very old blue post. Patch 2.05 buffed drop rates on T2-6 caches I am pretty sure. Anyone back me up on that statement or have I been misinformed?
Reply Quote
05/28/2014 12:37 PMPosted by Ryan
That is a very old blue post. Patch 2.05 buffed drop rates on T2-6 caches I am pretty sure. Anyone back me up on that statement or have I been misinformed?

Yes, 2.0.5 increases the chance in T.

These days I only play T1-T2 cache run. (no more normal for me).

Most of time, I received one cache leg after opening 5 all at once.

Sometimes, 0 out of 5. Best record 3 out of 5 (anything but ring @_@).
Reply Quote
opened 65 T6 caches since last week still no RoRG its a string of badluck one after another.
Reply Quote
I got two RoRG from about 30 caches.

Pretty rewarding if you ask me.
Reply Quote
@up
Do you know that small % of lucky guys don't present the real image of the problem? If torment caches were buffed and I play 1 level below max possible it's absolutely not right that I'm getting 1 leg per 10 caches. Where is that buff? What's the point of doing bounties? Only keys and that 1 stupid ring that drops extremely rarely?
Reply Quote
They didn't even really buff caches. The chance of getting cache specific legendaries hasn't changed. All they did was increase the chance of getting NON cache specific legendaries with each torment level.
Reply Quote
Read my post for solution to Bountry boring grind.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/12945505134
Reply Quote
well, today RoRG dropped for me, with nice DEX stat while I was playing the mage and the other toon I have is the WD. But at least it dropped. The lesson learned it that single player, the way I like it, is unrewarding in terms of gear. What I had to do was split farming on "normal." It is fun and fast, nevertheless, but I prefer the slow, monster by monster, corner by corner, systematic clearing of a dungeon.
Reply Quote
Community Manager
05/28/2014 12:37 PMPosted by Ryan

I can, indeed, back you up on that. That quoted post of mine is very old and doesn't account for changes that occurred with Patch 2.0.5. From the Patch Notes:

Horadric Caches
  • Now have an increased chance to drop Legendary items on Torment II - VI

This increased chance also applies to Cache-specific Legendaries, such as the Royal Ring of Grandeur. Bear in mind, however, that the Anniversary Buff that was recently made permanent does not apply to Cache-specific Legendaries.

Some folks have exceptionally good luck. Others perhaps not as much. That's simply the nature of random drops. The only Royal Ring of Grandeur I've seen so far dropped for me before I reached level 70. That's alright by me; it sets a clear goal to work towards. When I reach that goal, I can set my sights on a new one and adjust my play accordingly. If you're feeling fatigued by Act I bounties, you can give Act IV a try (as any Cache-specific legendary has a chance to drop from those Horadric Caches), or maybe just take a break from bounties and run some Rifts.

Bounties and Rifts offer a complementary style of play - swapping between the two is absolutely welcome and, mechanically speaking (since you need Keystone Fragments to open Rifts), a bit necessary. Perhaps its time to shift your focus from one to another for a while? :)
Edited by Lylirra on 5/28/2014 2:19 PM PDT
Reply Quote
05/28/2014 01:47 PMPosted by Nevalistis
Bounties and Rifts offer a complementary style of play - swapping between the two is absolutely welcome and, mechanically speaking, a bit necessary.

Har har, a bit necessary. More like totally, do you think they'll ever buff non-rift drop rates? Like boss drop rates etc.?
Reply Quote
bounty are really boring never gonna do it again

is already boring enough finding the damn level 2 and that act 1 queen boss and find out it dont drop u anything in the box
Edited by Google337#1143 on 5/28/2014 1:51 PM PDT
Reply Quote
I've heard a lot of people describe Bounties as painful and express the desire to never have to do them again. People just want to do rifts, yet are forced to do Bounties for the keys.

Do you have any plans in changing the way this works?
Reply Quote
05/28/2014 01:49 PMPosted by Qizx
Har har, a bit necessary. More like totally, do you think they'll ever buff non-rift drop rates? Like boss drop rates etc.?

i wish it was the same drop rates no matter where you were in game, we're kind of forced into rifts to get legendary drops, nobody is doing campaign anymore...
Reply Quote
You guys think this is bad? I haven't gotten a SINGLE legendary from a SINGLE cache since the Anniversary event BEGAN, much less after.

RNG is severely broken.
Reply Quote
the ring is stupid. i'm tired of the random luck needed in this game. at least in diablo 2 there was trading. you could even use d2jsp and trade gems for eventually decent items. started RoS at paragon 100.. 125 paragon levels later no rrog, no cindercoat, 1 piece of tals that I got from gambling but beside that i've never seen a piece drop. it's just BS how being able to do high torment difficulties requires really specific gear synergies. my character is permanently stuck being mediocre because I don't have 1 ring. getting really sick of doing bounties. it's not fun and I just look forward to disappointment. lost track of how many amulets, maces, bracers i've gotten...

really, they can't get anything right. the players have pretty much told them what they need to do, and what they have done wrong, and they are slowly fixing/repairing the game since. we said we missed the variety of item effects in D2 but now it's just over the top in D3. the idea of making another character is dreadful.. farming for another RRoG when I don't even have one yet, and yup, those really, really, specific items that are required to be decent. sounds fun.. the way it's going with my wizard i'll be lucky if i have most of what I need by the time i'm paragon 500 and I've invested a small chunk of my life into the game.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]