Diablo® III

Tyrael and justice

Shouldn't Tyrael go back to what he originally was?
I know he is wisdom now but he wasn't chosen by the Crystal to represent it. He is born justice since the beginning of creation and I think it fit for him to go back being justice.
Reply Quote
At the end of the Act IV, he says something on the lines of Justice being served.
Since Malthael is considered MIA at the end of the vanilla story, he just takes his place as Wisdom.

TL:DR
Because Chris Metzen approved... and because wizards.
Reply Quote
Yeah, this is not a good lore at all. D3 have those kind of fails.

Any archeangel should not be able to change their nature this way.

Tbh, Tyrael in d3 is pretty lackluster comparing to himself in the previous games. He used to be a really nice character.

Now he is a pokemon:

https://c2.staticflickr.com/8/7210/6861567540_6d5e34da1f_z.jpg
Reply Quote
05/29/2014 10:16 PMPosted by silverwell
At the end of the Act IV, he says something on the lines of Justice being served.
Since Malthael is considered MIA at the end of the vanilla story, he just takes his place as Wisdom.

But we still need justice. That ending didn't make any sense and all what he did is picking a title only.
Malthael is born wisdom he is the only one with that aspect like how Tyrael is the only one with pure justice.

If Blizzard want to create a new angel to be justice I see some problems with that:

1. Tyrael will have to give El'Druin to the angel who will be the new justice which will leave him with no power because the only power Tyrael have is his sword.

2. When Malthael will be reborn he will be wisdom again.

3. Tyrael will have no place in the council anymore.

05/30/2014 12:14 PMPosted by Grungempk
Any archeangel should not be able to change their nature this way.

Blizzard played with this idea in WoW with the dragon aspects guess they thought it will be fine doing this in Diablo without putting much thought in it.
Reply Quote
Actually storm of light sheds some "light" on these issues. Tyrael did officially become wisdom and the new malthael may not come out quite right.
Reply Quote
I separate D3 from canon. Its to stupid.

Wont ever accept what they did to Tyrael, Cain, Diablo, Azmodan, Actually Everyone. This game ruins the lore.
Reply Quote
05/31/2014 11:49 PMPosted by Ragnar
I separate D3 from canon. Its to stupid.

Wont ever accept what they did to Tyrael, Cain, Diablo, Azmodan, Actually Everyone. This game ruins the lore.

That's fine. You have full right to do that and everyone else is fully within your right to say you're wrong. If you don't consider D3 Canon then what's the point of posting here? Most of the lore discussion here revolves around D3.
Edited by Reslin#1758 on 6/1/2014 6:19 AM PDT
Reply Quote
05/28/2014 10:27 AMPosted by Utam
I know he is wisdom now but he wasn't chosen by the Crystal to represent it.

The Crystal Arch itself "called on" Tyrael to take up the Aspect of Wisdom after Act 4. Tyrael felt that Wisdom was required more than Justice at that time, so he went for it.
Edited by ProfRJGumby#1699 on 6/1/2014 7:28 AM PDT
Reply Quote
I think I may have missed that or can't remember it, been a while since I played the game but I don't remember anything that show us he have been chosen by the Crystal itself. He is born as the archangel of justice not wisdom. I really hope he go back to being justice it fit him more for who he really is even if he can't become an angel again like the others.
Edited by Utam#1216 on 6/1/2014 10:14 AM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]