Diablo® III

Huntin' for Dane Bright, some questions

Probably a fool's dream, but hoping I can get the Piro Marella recipe from him. If nothing else, it feels more...focused then just killing stuff until I get lucky, y'know?

I have a goal to work towards. Been looking for him for a good hour, which isn't so bad...but then I read somewhere someone was looking for him for 500+ hours and never found him. Is he really THAT rare? D:

Also heard he might not spawn in the Highlands anymore, but since Blizzard posted that thing on him(highlighting his appearances there), I'm assuming he still does.

So...yeah. How long did it take you guys to find this little punk?
Reply Quote
Dude is a myth. Gave up after 50 or 60 runs each on a few nights this past week. I tried the northern highlands spawns so if they did remove him from that spot I wouldn't be surprised.
Reply Quote
I didn't realize it was so ridiculous to find.

I got the plan yesterday or the day before in hardcore. It caught my eye because I had not seen it in softcore.

Alas, I don't remember the circumstances around the drop, so I'm not much help.
Reply Quote
He's not a myth.

Him selling level 12 plans, however, is.

It's not physically possible to get the Piro Marella recipe from him. He can only sell recipes below level 70.
Reply Quote
Just so ppl know he CAN show up on adventure mode. Found him just a few minutes ago doing a bounty in N. Highlands. Almost ran past him but goblin loot made me stop lol. So he is still out there and apparently game mode (story/adventure) doesn't matter.
Reply Quote
Community Manager
05/29/2014 04:35 PMPosted by NemesisZeru
Probably a fool's dream, but hoping I can get the Piro Marella recipe from him. If nothing else, it feels more...focused then just killing stuff until I get lucky, y'know?

I can confirm that Dane Bright does not sell the shield pattern you're looking for. :( A few weeks ago I highlighted a guide on how to find him, and here's a link to it if you're still interested. The patterns he sells are for level 60 items and below, but that shield is a level 70 item. I hope this info helps, and good luck finding your Piro Marella!
Reply Quote
06/18/2014 01:45 PMPosted by Grimiku
A few weeks ago I highlighted a guide on how to find him, and [url="http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/14243637/%5Bguide%5D-bright-here-bright-now-5-27-2014"]here's a link[/url] to it if you're still interested.

The problem is not a guide. The problem is that this little turd DOESN'T SPAWN for crap! I've been searching for him EVERY day since that guide was showcased. In total, I've probably cleared the Northern Highlands 400 times as a rough guess. I've NEVER seen this guy...never once, since D3 was first released. I get that he's a rare spawn, but for the love of Jesus and jelly donuts, his spawn rate...or lack thereof...is ridiculous!
Reply Quote
06/18/2014 02:14 PMPosted by Bearak
The problem is not a guide. The problem is that this little turd DOESN'T SPAWN for crap! I've been searching for him EVERY day since that guide was showcased. In total, I've probably cleared the Northern Highlands 400 times as a rough guess. I've NEVER seen this guy...never once, since D3 was first released. I get that he's a rare spawn, but for the love of Jesus and jelly donuts, his spawn rate...or lack thereof...is ridiculous!

Kill moar demonz? :o
Reply Quote
I spent weeks looking for him with no luck. I found him last weekend not even looking for him.I shared the game with my clan members all day taking turns collecting plans. I think I about completed most of the missing plans from my collection. All of them were low level plans.
Reply Quote
I can confirm that Dane Bright does not sell the shield pattern you're looking for. :( A few weeks ago I highlighted a guide on how to find him, and [url="http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/14243637/%5Bguide%5D-bright-here-bright-now-5-27-2014"]here's a link[/url] to it if you're still interested. The patterns he sells are for level 60 items and below, but that shield is a level 70 item. I hope this info helps, and good luck finding your [url="http://us.battle.net/d3/en/artisan/blacksmith/recipe/piro-marella"]Piro Marella[/url]!

Kinda off-topic, but could you confirm if Alma Negra will be released in diablo 3 as a brand new legendary item?
Edited by Anguish#1542 on 6/18/2014 3:11 PM PDT
Reply Quote
05/29/2014 04:55 PMPosted by BigTime
Dude is a myth. Gave up after 50 or 60 runs each on a few nights this past week. I tried the northern highlands spawns so if they did remove him from that spot I wouldn't be surprised.

NOPE hes not a myth... Ive seen him once already... I got screenshots to prove it if you wish to see it
Reply Quote

I can confirm that Dane Bright does not sell the shield pattern you're looking for. :( A few weeks ago I highlighted a guide on how to find him, and [url="http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/14243637/%5Bguide%5D-bright-here-bright-now-5-27-2014"]here's a link[/url] to it if you're still interested. The patterns he sells are for level 60 items and below, but that shield is a level 70 item. I hope this info helps, and good luck finding your [url="http://us.battle.net/d3/en/artisan/blacksmith/recipe/piro-marella"]Piro Marella[/url]!

This shield is going to likely become BiS when the new Crusader sets are released; one of them which is based around Shield Bash. (= Good thing I already have the plan.
Reply Quote
gah, best thing to do is just run rifts while leveling a new character. no exp gear or ruby gem. last as long as possible and get them low level legendary plans
Reply Quote
We spent some time looking for him for a couple of days. I eventually found him just doing a bounty. http://imgur.com/a/2Jf8P#0
Reply Quote
06/18/2014 02:15 PMPosted by FirePenguin
06/18/2014 02:14 PMPosted by Bearak

Kill moar demonz? :o

Guess I should just quit my job and play D3 twenty hours a day, huh?
Reply Quote
Found him in the Northen Highlands doing Bounties got about 4 plans off of him
He spawns plans every 15 min so go to town do a rift go back to him and voila
Another plan did that a few times …if you playing in a group only one plan per person
Every 15 min that’s the bummer …so its going to take a lot of patience ..good luck
Reply Quote
Why would you want a bunch of low level plans? Unless you're playing HC.
Reply Quote

I really think the shield is bad though. Wall of man is kinda cool and the westmarch one is pretty sweet too
Reply Quote
06/19/2014 10:23 AMPosted by CerealKiller
Why would you want a bunch of low level plans? Unless you're playing HC.

LOL hey CK how's it going?
Reply Quote
a good way to ensure you find him is join the dane bright instance community, once someone finds him and is done typically they will pass the game over. dont join and immediately ask for him, hunt for him while you wait, then someone may pass it over.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]