Diablo® III

Idea's for Future Rift's & Bosses

Nephalem Rifts are technically some kind of zone in the void where Orek allows champions to train. Being that the Black Soulstone was destroyed and the spirits of the evils are out and about again, how about a "blast from the past"

Rift Zone areas from Diablo 2:

River of Flame into Chaos Sanctuary
Durance of Hate
Stony Field
Arcane Sanctuary
etc...

Rift Bosses:

Illusions of the Lesser/Prime evils/Zone Bosses, I mean come on, it is only training after all:

Andariel
Duriel
Mephisto
Baal
Bishibosh
Rakanishu

Feel this might be an interesting idea since the layouts are probably still on file with Blizzard....just need some graphics updating and could be a fun little enhancement!
Reply Quote
^
Reply Quote
View profile
Be nice if they add some D1/D2 bosses/mobs, Duriel as a rift boss would be awesome. Bloodknights (Diablo 1) is also a personal fav.
Reply Quote
Community Manager
This subject has a lot of potential to be a really fun community discussion. Personally, I love the nostalgia involved with bringing back some of those old bosses, but I know there are a lot more ideas out there.

So, lets hear 'em. What are your ideas for Nephalem Rifts, and/or Rift Guardians?
Reply Quote
good idea. bring back the lesser bosses too. d1 butcher. d2 (raven?)
Reply Quote
Diablo 3 creator hated Diablo 2.

This thread will be ignored instantly.
Reply Quote
06/04/2014 02:00 PMPosted by Petronus
Nephalem Rifts are technically some kind of zone in the void where Orek allows champions to train. Being that the Black Soulstone was destroyed and the spirits of the evils are out and about again, how about a "blast from the past"

Rift Zone areas from Diablo 2:

River of Flame into Chaos Sanctuary
Durance of Hate
Stony Field
Arcane Sanctuary
etc...

Rift Bosses:

Illusions of the Lesser/Prime evils/Zone Bosses, I mean come on, it is only training after all:

Andariel
Duriel
Mephisto
Baal
Bishibosh
Rakanishu

Feel this might be an interesting idea since the layouts are probably still on file with Blizzard....just need some graphics updating and could be a fun little enhancement!

This would be AWESOME!

Imagine if it was the reward for reaching tiered rift #20 where these monsters dropped EPIC loot \o/ \o/
Reply Quote
06/05/2014 02:31 PMPosted by SpitFire9240

Except he has not been on the Diablo 3 dev team for what.... a year now?
Reply Quote
Blood Raven would be "fun"

Cold touch; every hit slows you
Summons zombie hoards
Runs around like the chicken she is
Reply Quote
I REALLLY LIKE THIS IDEA.
Reply Quote
06/05/2014 02:31 PMPosted by SpitFire9240

u must have been typing yours when Grimiku was typing his...
Reply Quote
View profile
06/05/2014 02:26 PMPosted by Grimiku
So, lets hear 'em. What are your ideas for Nephalem Rifts, and/or Rift Guardians?

End of the Rift should have a roll (ring?) of chest at the stone portal, and these will only unlock if the Rift Guardian is defeated.

High Torment Rifts should have more than one Guardian spawn on the same or different location.

And add a "real of death" feature where Matheal and his Guardians can random spawn as unique mobs.
Reply Quote
cowscowscows
Reply Quote
View profile
06/05/2014 03:02 PMPosted by KirusAlufras
And add a "real of death" feature where Matheal and his Guardians can random spawn as unique mobs.

Malthael + uber diablo + urzael in one battle...sounds fun!
Reply Quote
06/05/2014 02:26 PMPosted by Grimiku
This subject has a lot of potential to be a really fun community discussion. Personally, I love the nostalgia involved with bringing back some of those old bosses, but I know there are a lot more ideas out there.

Grimiku.... I have a feeling of déjà vu....

But here goes anyways. Quoted from myself in a prior thread on this topic.

"I have some brainstormed ideas for rifts that might be found enjoyable by many players, but some might not be realistic so please feel free to say so if that is the case. I also haven't gotten to play any rifts yet (haven't quite beaten Malthael yet). I'm not trying to complain about anything just throw out a few creative ideas I had that might be fun in rifts.

-% chance to spawn a second rift guardian upon full clear of final rift level

-% chance for a rift level to spawn "all mobs have a specific champ/unique affix, excluding cc affixes. Affix strength would scale with mob quality (i.e. white mobs would shoot weaker laser beams or mortar shells)
All mobs would have the same affix but it would be randomly chosen

-% chance for final rift level to spawn as FFA PVP Deathmatch (no permanent death in any mode but a moderate prize to winner

-% chance for an entire rift to spawn as a "Mini Hardcore Event".
Upon death players are spawned at town and cant rejoin rift (no permanent death penalty on Softcore)
These might need to be limited to shorter rifts so that players aren't sitting for too long

-% chance for final rift level to spawn as a throwback event from D2 LOD. Level terrain would not be randomized as the level would mimic D2 LOD Boss and Super Unique instances. (i.e. the final level of Baal dungeon, or the Final level of Andariel Dungeon, or the Council Members arena, etc.)

-Include re-vamped D2 LOD tilesets in the selection pool, so you can end up in a rift level that lets you play against throwback mobs

-Include in the champ and unique affixes throwback D2 LOD affixes like elemental resistance and immunity. This might need to be scaled based on party size since it would be no fun to run into an unkillable champ in solo (although skills could be swapped around)

-% chance to spawn a rift level or an entire rift as a intentionally unbalanced bizarro world where mobs and skills are changed randomly.
(i.e. Mobs have 50-100% more life but deal 25-50% less damage, or the opposite. Or all Skills have +/- 5-15% to damage/resource cost/cooldown The % change would be different for all skills so balance would be totally wonky for that instance and force some interesting playing with skill selection

-% chance to grant all party members one o-skill for an entire rift. Skills would be randomly chosen potentially different for each player. For resource spenders the resource cost could be 0 but the cd could be increased by a percentage"
Reply Quote
Make Kadala a rift boss
Reply Quote
I like the idea Bring back some Nostalgia!

Larger and more epic versions of D2 bosses!

The Countess
Blood Raven
The Summoner
The Council
Pindleskin
Radament
A Group of Black Souls
Reply Quote
View profile
06/05/2014 02:30 PMPosted by Peter
good idea. bring back the lesser bosses too. d1 butcher. d2 (raven?)

I love you man. That is all.
Reply Quote
Lister the Tormentor, please. Thanks, and have a good one.
Reply Quote
cowscowscows

we need to finally get that piece of cheese so we can use Nevalistis` Tiny Hands to upgrade the burger
Edited by Grimshade#1213 on 6/5/2014 3:36 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]