Diablo® III

Call of the ancients list of bugs

06/02/2014 09:10 AMPosted by hammodii

I wouldn't complain if Blizzard also straight buffed them, call of the ancient is a weak skill.

+1

They are fine with the Attack-Speed-Gear-Swapping Exploit. I'm sure they'll fix this in the future, but with "normal" attack speed they're just underwhelming.

On top of that: They're really viably only on lower Torment levels (max T4). On T5 and T6 they're dying way too fast, so the final IK set-bonus doesn't have any impact at all.
Edited by Frost#2253 on 6/3/2014 5:36 PM PDT
Reply Quote
06/03/2014 04:20 PMPosted by Grimiku
We’re planning to make several bug fixes to Call of the Ancients in patch 2.1 that should address some of the concerns we’ve seen players reporting with the skill. So, make sure you keep a hold of that Immortal Kings set!

- The Ancients should no longer sometimes stand idle when they have foes they could be clobbering instead.
- The Ancients should now use their secondary abilities as indicated on the tooltip.

Again, these bug fixes are currently expected to arrive with patch 2.1, but we don’t have an estimate to share for the date of that patch at this time. Thanks for all of the reports!

Also remember to fix:

- the range for Ancients Fury rune. It doesn't work when Ancients are 1 screen away, even if they do attack.

- Ancients' aggro on mobs at the edge of your screen while you are fighting something else.

- all rune effects vanishing after closing rifts.
Reply Quote
The Ancients are a damn joke. I want to see some serious dmg buffs before I even remotely think about using the set.
Reply Quote
06/03/2014 04:28 PMPosted by Rumpelfugly

- The Ancients should no longer sometimes stand idle when they have foes they could be clobbering instead.

Any plans to fixing this issue for the Gargantuan too? I know I just love it when I use Wrathful Protector and see my Garg waste 5 of his 15 sec standing around ignoring the mobs he should be killing.

I'm sure they know about the bug, even I have seen it posted multiple times. Just wait till 2.1 and if you don't notice a change then bring it up again. (=
Reply Quote
The Ancients are a damn joke. I want to see some serious damage buffs before I even remotely think about using the IK set.
Reply Quote
Community Manager
06/03/2014 04:28 PMPosted by DemonPowDuh
I find that the idle thing happens often with WD pets too. Mostly the Zombie dog w/ tall mans finger and Gargantuan

I did some digging and found out that these changes will update multiple pets, and not just Call of the Ancients. I'll go over what those changes are, and what pets it should affect. I also want to emphasize that we don’t have an estimate to share for when we expect patch 2.1, but we’re definitely working on it and are looking to provide a PTR.

• We're making a number improvements to the AI of several pets
  • We're also fixing a number of issues that sometimes prevented some pets from attacking nearby enemies, or caused them to stand still and stop attacking their current target
    • Pets affected by these changes should include:
      • Call of the Ancients
      • Companion
      • Fetish Army
      • Gargantuan
      • Mystic Ally
      • Phalanx
      • Zombie Dogs
Edited by Lylirra on 6/3/2014 6:21 PM PDT
Reply Quote
What are you talking about? Call of the ancients are great.
Reply Quote
06/03/2014 04:32 PMPosted by DRE
We’re planning to make several bug fixes to Call of the Ancients in patch 2.1 that should address some of the concerns we’ve seen players reporting with the skill. So, make sure you keep a hold of that Immortal Kings set!

- The Ancients should now use their secondary abilities as indicated on the tooltip.

Again, these bug fixes are currently expected to arrive with patch 2.1, but we don’t have an estimate to share for the date of that patch at this time. Thanks for all of the reports!

Translation: Patch isn't coming any time soon, so just make a jade harvester WD.

Next translation : Because nerf wave is incoming. Lets make WD and enjoy while it last.
Reply Quote
Will this fix the issue where one of the DH wolves from Cloak of the Garwulf runs significantly slower than the others?
Reply Quote
06/03/2014 06:11 PMPosted by Grimiku
I find that the idle thing happens often with WD pets too. Mostly the Zombie dog w/ tall mans finger and Gargantuan

I did some digging and found out that these changes will update multiple pets, and not just Call of the Ancients. I'll go over what those changes are, and what pets it should affect. I also want to emphasize that we don’t have an estimate to share for when we expect patch 2.1, but we’re definitely working on it and are looking to provide a PTR.

• We're also fixing a number of issues that sometimes prevented some pets from attacking nearby enemies, or caused them to stand still and stop attacking their current target
      • Call of the Ancients
      • Companion
      • Fetish Army
      • Gargantuan
      • Mystic Ally
      • Phalanx
      • Zombie Dogs

Glad to hear. I notice sometimes with my 3 wolves that they kinda stand around...and I'm hoping as long as the enemies are aggroed, they'll be slightly more aggressive. As a DH, my temp + 3 wolves are essential for soaking up damage.

Will be interested to see what the changes are and exactly how they impact us.
Reply Quote

• I hope that includes the angel from skycutter used by templar?!
    Edited by Sirportalez#1174 on 6/3/2014 7:13 PM PDT
    Reply Quote
    When a land after the battle, to open up new land, after entering shakotan coast will find ancestors call three soldiers no longer produces anger, must be to call again, to return to result in anger.
    Reply Quote
    Just took blizzard 3 days of fórum flood.
    Reply Quote
    ridiculous, its really making D3: witchdoctor edition the only way to play..

please buff my wizard... (and make wand of woh easier to find, or even less necessary for t6..)
    Reply Quote
    06/03/2014 08:47 PMPosted by chrisloup
    ridiculous, its really making D3: witchdoctor edition the only way to play..

please buff my wizard... (and make wand of woh easier to find, or even less necessary for t6..)

How is fixing bugs "ridiculous"?
    Reply Quote
    06/03/2014 05:35 PMPosted by Frost
    06/02/2014 09:10 AMPosted by hammodii

I wouldn't complain if Blizzard also straight buffed them, call of the ancient is a weak skill.

+1

They are fine with the Attack-Speed-Gear-Swapping Exploit. I'm sure they'll fix this in the future, but with "normal" attack speed they're just underwhelming.

On top of that: They're really viably only on lower Torment levels (max T4). On T5 and T6 they're dying way too fast, so the final IK set-bonus doesn't have any impact at all.

I was able to run EQ/IK on T6 and COTA stayed alive. The problem I had was they weren't fighting so their fury skill was useless for me. That's why I switched to my current build which can do T6 solo and no relying on pets. If COTA actually fought in T6, I am going right back to that build. Otherwise COTA is not the direction to build until they are fixed.
    Reply Quote

• Call of the Ancients
        • Companion
        • Fetish Army
        • Gargantuan
        • Mystic Ally
        • Phalanx
        • Zombie Dogs

How about Wiz Mirror Image?
    The images are so stupid.
    Reply Quote
    When is 2.1 btw?
    Reply Quote

^^^^^This x 1,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000

The problem is to much stuff on screen and no opening to attack. make pets on all classes invisible to each other so they don't get backed up and create a traffic jam. So annoying in small areas when your TMF Zombie Dog wont move or Gargantuan wastes 10 of the 20 second summoned time just hanging out doing stuff all.
    How about reduce the amount of fetishes to a maximum of 8 and increase there damage by 30% to 40% instead of like 15 fetishes jamming up the screen and with multiple docs in a game causing constant lag.
    Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
    Explain (256 characters max)
    Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]