Diablo® III

Dont hate, just create!

This is my plea not to nerf the WD sets and to buff other sets to the same strength.

What I also like to be changed *is the amount of HP mobs have in t6.

If you are any other class other than a WD, its very hard to get hits on mobs before they completely explode.

I would like a little time when running with my clan of WD's to get to hit a mob or two but its useless. As many have said before, trying to play EQbarb with WD's in the group is a joke. Everything is dead before a barbs 2nd leap quake.

This is not a cry for nerf, but a plea for buffs to the other sets to match the same power of the Jade set.

Even if you have to add more items into other classes builds to match the amount of time/shards spent to obtain such awesome gear, thats fine and I think most of us would like to farm more items that will result the same gain.

In the meantime, I've lvl'd my doc and im gearing him from hand me downs, I see the potential power already even having crap items for the doc. It is obvious how powerful doctors are even with mediocre gear, please match this for the other classes and do not *nerf what potentially could be the funnest build since permawrath barb.
Edited by buRn#1763 on 6/5/2014 5:29 PM PDT
Reply Quote
i say buff my SoH so i can have fun playing again. Sets should be strong but not overbearing where they are BiS, otherwise the new legs coming out won't have much of an impact in persuading ppl to build new things. Sets should be strong, but they shouldn't be top tier strong. im with you for leaving WD the way they are, but honestly if sets were to be viewed as the highest tier of gear, then we would have to wait certain seasons for new and better set bonuses to come out in order to. move away from the old build, same with something like prenerfed SoH
Reply Quote
Community Manager
We've seen a ton of feedback lately about the relative power levels between classes, and it seems a good time to explain a bit behind our philosophy of where we'd like to see each class go from here.

The Witch Doctor is currently very strong. That is awesome, and we're happy to hear Witch Doctor players are having a blast with their characters and that players who have never considered playing the Witch Doctor before are giving it a whirl.

The Witch Doctor's current level of power comes largely from the powerful items they have available. Ideally, we'd like all classes to have fun and powerful item builds and that means taking a look at what equipment is available. This is something we’re actively pursuing, and while some of the other classes are almost there, others have some additional room for growth. We've already mentioned some of the upcoming Monk set changes we have on the way, but they aren't the only class we’re keeping a watchful eye on. Ultimately, we'd like to strive for a place where each class has an equal crack at end game success, especially with Seasons and Tiered Rifts on the near horizon. It’s likely each class will accomplish that in different ways, because they are inherently so different from one another, and that’s okay!

Allow me to caveat the above with the fact we won't get there overnight. This is an overarching development goal, and a continuing journey rather than a destination. Our work is never truly done, especially because we have every intention of continuing to make awesome items. On our way through this ongoing process, we appreciate your feedback.
Reply Quote
Thanks Nevalistis, its good to hear you guys are actively working on improving the game.
It would be nice to have a general time frame as to when to expect the update though.
Edited by Quick#1850 on 6/9/2014 4:45 PM PDT
Reply Quote
inb4 really big thread
Reply Quote
View profile
06/09/2014 04:42 PMPosted by Nevalistis
We've seen a ton of feedback lately about the relative power levels between classes, and it seems a good time to explain a bit behind our philosophy of where we'd like to see each class go from here.

The Witch Doctor is currently very strong. That is awesome, and we're happy to hear Witch Doctor players are having a blast with their characters and that players who have never considered playing the Witch Doctor before are giving it a whirl.

The Witch Doctor's current level of power comes largely from the powerful items they have available. Ideally, we'd like all classes to have fun and powerful item builds and that means taking a look at what equipment is available. This is something we’re actively pursuing, and while some of the other classes are almost there, others have some additional room for growth. We've already mentioned some of the [url="http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/12675107469?page=51#1001"]upcoming Monk set changes[/url] we have on the way, but they aren't the only class we’re keeping a watchful eye on. Ultimately, we'd like to strive for a place where each class has an equal crack at end game success, especially with Seasons and Tiered Rifts on the near horizon. It’s likely each class will accomplish that in different ways, because they are inherently so different from one another, and that’s okay!

Allow me to caveat the above with the fact we won't get there overnight. This is an overarching development goal, and a continuing journey rather than a destination. Our work is never truly done, especially because we have every intention of continuing to make awesome items. On our way through this ongoing process, we appreciate your feedback.

I hope this is an accurate statement regarding buffing weaker classes instead nerfing strong ones.
Reply Quote
Our work is never truly done, especially because we have every intention of continuing to make awesome items.

That sounds great!
Maybe this season thingy will turn out alright after all..
And I hope you'll looking at another expansion as well. This one hit very well.
Looking forward to experiencing Blizzards continued work.
Reply Quote
I am excited to see what you have in store for us Barbs.
Reply Quote
06/09/2014 04:45 PMPosted by Quick
It would be nice to have a general time frame as to when to expect the update though.

Don't be like that. They'll get to it when they get to it.

Thank you very much Neval.

To all of you who are too dense to understand this as the forums seem to be filled with mongoloids lately: Jade Harvesters and WD's ain't getting nerfed so stop making stupid @$$ threads about it.
Reply Quote
Please do NOT do what the OP is asking for.

If you buff every class to Jade WD level, T6 will become a joke. D3 needs to have at least one difficulty level that is DIFFICULT. It should be hard enough that most players won't bother pursuing it.

-

Yes, you could buff the classes and then increase monster hp or whatever. But that's the same thing as a nerf.
Reply Quote
Could this be? Other classes are going to possibly be buffed instead of nerfing Witch Doctors? Please, let it be!

I don't have a level 70 Witch Doctor or anything, but I don't want to see them get nerfed. People have said time and time again to just bring other classes in line with the stronger classes instead of nerfing them. Hopefully that's what they're doing this time.
Reply Quote

The Witch Doctor's current level of power comes largely from the powerful items they have available. Ideally, we'd like all classes to have fun and powerful item builds and that means taking a look at what equipment is available. This is something we’re actively pursuing, and while some of the other classes are almost there, others have some additional room for growth. We've already mentioned some of the [url="http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/12675107469?page=51#1001"]upcoming Monk set changes[/url] we have on the way, but they aren't the only class we’re keeping a watchful eye on. Ultimately, we'd like to strive for a place where each class has an equal crack at end game success, especially with Seasons and Tiered Rifts on the near horizon. It’s likely each class will accomplish that in different ways, because they are inherently so different from one another, and that’s okay!

Yeah... i would be having a blast with my Life Regen WD if it was not for the fact that Blood Ritual Life Regen ignores paragon stats which again you can read up on it here. http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/12646374538#1 A thread made well over a month ago and yet to receive any Blue attention.

So yeah i'm pretty much having a blast. (Sarcasm activated!)

04/23/2014 10:03 PMPosted by Atropose
Witch Doctor's Blood Ritual bonus life regen equal to 1% of your maximum life accounts for items that increase vitality. It also includes % life on both gear and through socketed helms.

I'm playing Hardcore, and trying to beef up my life regen. I noticed that Core paragon points into vitality do not increase the life regen bonus from Blood Ritual. Defense Paragon points into Life % also do not add to the life regen bonus of Blood Ritual.
Reply Quote
As someone with chronic Alt-itis (I don't know how people play just ONE character) that's great news. I play all classes but I have to admit, I have a lot more fun with my WD (not a JH WD) and Crusader lately. Looking forward to the others getting some love! (:
Reply Quote
Another thing; even if all the other classes get buffs comparable to Jade Harvesters, so what?
After you get complete the set, the game will go back to what it is now, boring.

You guys MUST include trading and remove Kadala (or get rid of RiF)
Edited by Quick#1850 on 6/9/2014 4:55 PM PDT
Reply Quote
@nevalistis

The Witch Doctor are very strong at the moment, but how diverse is their strength? I mean Jade is Amazing, and so is Zunni-Pets, but when it comes to other builds, to thinking outside the box, you can't seriously expect to match those results.

Now of course not all builds should work, that's just logic, but the real thing I think people want is diversity, to make there own character and have them flourish, rather then going with a few top builds.
You end up people making the characters the same way over and over.

Why people say wizards are doing good isn't not just they preform well, but they can play many styles that all work out well. Wanna do lighting? Sure! Cold, Fire, Arcane? Tons of great items and support! Wanna mix all four? Hey, we got passive just for that. These five ways to go makes them awesomely diverse, and when to see wizards, you don't know what to expect. Is he or she cold? Fire? electric? Arcane? Will they be sporting all four? Will they go archon or not? That is the secret to wizards success, they can do so many things, and you get to see many of them up in the higher teirs doing well.

It's not just "Oh, this class is very strong", it needs to be "This class is flourishing in it's diversity" More viable builds, means more people getting to plays different spells and if they have to know how to really make it work.

I know you can't know everything, but that's my 2 cents.
Reply Quote
06/09/2014 04:55 PMPosted by Carcer
@nevalistis

The Witch Doctor are very strong at the moment, but how diverse is their strength? I mean Jade is Amazing, and so is Zunni-Pets, but when it comes to other builds, to thinking outside the box, you can't seriously expect to match those results.

Now of course not all builds should work, that's just logic, but the real thing I think people want is diversity, to make there own character and have them flourish, rather then going with a few top builds.
You end up people making the characters the same way over and over.

Why people say wizards are doing good isn't not just they preform well, but they can play many styles that all work out well. Wanna do lighting? Sure! Cold, Fire, Arcane? Tons of great items and support! Wanna mix all four? Hey, we got passive just for that. These five ways to go makes them awesomely diverse, and when to see wizards, you don't know what to expect. Is he or she cold? Fire? electric? Arcane? Will they be sporting all four? Will they go archon or not? That is the secret to wizards success, they can do so many things, and you get to see many of them up in the higher teirs doing well.

It's not just "Oh, this class is very strong", it needs to be "This class is flourishing in it's diversity" More viable builds, means more people getting to plays different spells and if they have to know how to really make it work.

I know you can't know everything, but that's my 2 cents.

You have no clue what you are talking about.

On one hand, you say WD has 2 builds, jade or pets, and you say other WD builds are useless because they are much weaker. Despite the fact that WD can clear T3 completely naked except for MoJ + Taskers (there are videos on youtube). That tells me that there must be many viable T3/T4 builds for WD.

On the other hand, you say Wizards have many builds and you list lightning wizard as a viable build? Can you please pass me whatever you are smoking?
Edited by Momo#1667 on 6/9/2014 5:06 PM PDT
Reply Quote
You literally just restated what I said in TL;DR version. That was my entire point, Jade and Pets are the only viable builds, while Wizards can build tons of stuff and still have it work.

As for lighting well gee wiz, so they one less build then I thought? I've never played a wizard, this just what I assumed or heard. It doesn't change the fact they do have many builds

So in the end, you've been smoking the same thing as I have.
Reply Quote
06/09/2014 05:08 PMPosted by Carcer
You literally just restated what I said in TL;DR version. That was my entire point, Jade and Pets are the only viable builds, while Wizards can build tons of stuff and still have it work.

As for lighting well gee wiz, so they one less build then I thought? I've never played a wizard, this just what I assumed or heard. It doesn't change the fact they do have many builds

So in the end, you've been smoking the same thing as I have.

Are you purposely acting dumb?

Yes, Jade/Pets are the only viable builds, if your definition of viable is "clear T6 rifts under 5 minutes."

Most of the Wizard builds you listed are not even T6 viable. If you are talking about T3/T4, then WD can use 23894234897234+ builds, because people have proven that a naked WD wearing only MoJ/Taskers can clear T3. That leaves a lot of flexibility.
Edited by Momo#1667 on 6/9/2014 5:13 PM PDT
Reply Quote
I would just like to say "Thank You" to the development team. Ill admit that throughout the course of the life of Diablo so far I have loved the game and hated it. The end game changes that are continually made and tweaked are amazing, keep up the good work! As a primary console gamer I appreciate the constant support to a game that was launched two years ago that does not require a monthly fee. As frustrated as I have been in the past with the game, the changes keep making it better and better!!
Reply Quote
This is something we’re actively pursuing, and while some of the other classes are almost there, others have some additional room for growth.

Oh good lord, you missed a career in politics.

I was watching the anniversary stream and it became apparent that there was some sort of unique vision for each class. What I'd love is to hear that vision articulated. As it sits right now you have a two or three class game. WD's are DPS. Crusaders are the tanks. Monks provide indirect DPS. Anyone else is being carried.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]