Diablo® III

120 arcane dusts to craft a bracer

aughilds has always been stupidly expensive. its especially funny when u make the wrists and they turn out with the wrong element and no cc on them. instant salv. 120 dust down the drain yay.

imo they should be like.. 60 to craft at the most. wrists are good but most people can use strongarms and be better.
Reply Quote
I bet most of the people here complaining dont even pickup blues and yellows and salvage them.... I have crafted over 130 Pair of legendary wrists (lots of them before mat buffs and now mat removals). Blue mats are the fastest to go and i am completely out of them, however i dont think they really need to change anything.
Reply Quote
And helms cost 90 crystals, or as I like to think of it, clicking 90 times on yellow items.

Fun!
Edited by Castyn#1505 on 6/11/2014 1:23 PM PDT
Reply Quote
06/11/2014 01:21 PMPosted by Demondfire
I bet most of the people here complaining dont even pickup blues and yellows and salvage them.... I have crafted over 130 Pair of legendary wrists (lots of them before mat buffs and now mat removals). Blue mats are the fastest to go and i am completely out of them, however i dont think they really need to change anything.

I pick up all blues and yellows to salvage, and I can safely say that the crafting costs are not in tune to where they should be. It isn't just crafting though, its also enchanting as well. The drop rates of blue items and arcane dust are ok I think, but Blizz got way too carried away with the costs in crafting and enchanting.
Reply Quote
They're probably 120 because Reaper's Wraps is the poster equipment of RoS and is also one of the best bracers for most classes.
Reply Quote
Just for stupidity, how about this, a new vendor.

a.) You go to vendor and he offers a blank item (lets say bracers to stay on topic)

b.) You enter the values and stats from a scroll down list for the 4 primary and 2 secondary and a legendary affix.

c.) The vendor screen then displays the types and amounts of crafting mats and gold required for your item, not to exceed 1% of what you have in stash and inventory.

d.) You may then take this item to the Mystic to enchant an immortal affix for the cost of one death breath and 1 gold. ( if you are out of gold and death breath fee is waived ).
Reply Quote
This has always been the case, why are you all complaining about this?
Reply Quote
06/11/2014 01:30 PMPosted by Wanderbird
Just for stupidity, how about this, a new vendor.

a.) You go to vendor and he offers a blank item (lets say bracers to stay on topic)

b.) You enter the values and stats from a scroll down list for the 4 primary and 2 secondary and a legendary affix.

c.) The vendor screen then displays the types and amounts of crafting mats and gold required for your item, not to exceed 1% of what you have in stash and inventory.

d.) You may then take this item to the Mystic to enchant an immortal affix for the cost of one death breath and 1 gold. ( if you are out of gold and death breath fee is waived ).

That's too much work. We should log in and have a level 70 preconfigured with BiS gear and skills.

Oh your right that may be too much to learn how to play a class. How about we just give every class one skill that simply clears all the monsters on the screen. Sounds like a fun game.
Reply Quote
^

I played the D3 console version on ps3 for a month then sold it on EBay because console diablo is not far from this. Preferred the big screen and controls but it was impossible to actually play the game with 99% of people duping. public games consisted of everyone running around 1 shotting all content on highest difficulty uber bosses included. Not my definition of fun.

Not buying the new console version when it comes out
Edited by homebrew4all#1509 on 6/11/2014 2:04 PM PDT
Reply Quote
I'm thankful they removed the legendary mat requirements. (Also like that some drop to still sell). I ran out of a mat for the first time today since pre reaper and I e stopped picking up and salvaging a long time ago. I ran out of crystals, though I'm not complaining I'll go get some while I'm looking for legendaries anyway. As for the blues and whites they drop so much I ignore all of them still. Click bodies, loot racks, chest, gobs, sometimes elites, holes in the floor they drop at a health rate especially if you stop and open stuff. Not to mention one salvage yields multiple parts. Blizz took many people's useless stacks of mats and made them usable by removing the legendary crafting mats. Of course eventually your gonna have to go find more, that's the way games with crafting work in general. I'm no fan of everything blizzard does, but I applaud they continue the effort and to inform fans when most of the time they are damned if they do and damned if they don't.
Reply Quote
This is what I think all the whingers are after.

Buy the game, install game, name a character, instant lvl 70 Paragon 1000 with very item in the game rolled perf all skills work as they should... like when you see them in your mind.

When you want something new, the next time you open your stash there it is rolled perfect (of course). You walk around one shot everything, NO you stand in town, walking around is to much work. You stand in town and one shot everything. Then everyone bows down because you are so Fing incredible. ; )

I like the fact they have made it like they have. I now have a lot more space in my stash and I can just go a craft anything I have the recipe for. So easy. So what if all it takes a 120 mat for an set or leg item.
Edited by dragon#1202 on 6/11/2014 9:37 PM PDT
Reply Quote
@KingD

Blues salvage for 1-4 Dusts.

*But why DON'T yellows salvage for 1-4 Veiled Crystals when these items are WORTH a lot more? It's kind of cheap on the return to get 1 VC on EVERY rare salvaged :(

*Forgotten Souls/Brimstones are okay as is on their salvage return.

^On a side note, I'd still like to see the "gem cost" for rerolling legendary jewelry dropped to Marquise level---we still have to pay gold costs for a reroll (and often more than one due to the still-flawed system where LESSER values roll vs. the original for a stat chosen).
Reply Quote
06/11/2014 01:50 AMPosted by Chronicfolly
Blizzard removes the legendary mat requirement, and 2 seconds later people complain about the amount of an easy to farm, really quite common mat required to craft items.

Maybe we should just remove anything from the game that requires even a modicum of effort?

If everyone weren't so worried about "efficiency" and hadn't left all those blues lying on the ground during all those bounties and rifts, no one would be short on mats.

Not complaining, but 120 is quite a bit for a single bracer.

The problem with removing the legendary mats required for crafting is that it results in the ability to spam craft many copies of something you want, initially.

Key word here is initially. People in general have a build up of mats because the legendary mat requirement was limiting crafting previously. With that gone it's now much easier to craft, unfortunately that build up of mats has come over a long period of time. Items like Arcane Dust actually are not that easy to accumulate without some significant time investment, because blue items don't really drop all that much.

120 dusts is actually a pretty significant amount once that build up of mats is exhausted, especially when you only really find a couple over the course of a rift.
Reply Quote
06/11/2014 01:37 AMPosted by Diabolic
Nope, it's a balance decision according to devs.

is there a blue post confirming this?
Reply Quote
OK let's say you have ZERO mats of any kind and you want to craft bracers. Now per rift I get ~30 Veiled Crystals (VC) and ~25 (usually 20) Arcane Dust (AD). This means I need 3 RIFTS to craft the most (and all of the others really) costly recipe with VC i.e. gloves while for bracers I need 5 RIFTS to collect the necessary AD. And I am not saying either of them should be cheaper.

How do you comment?
Edited by Zoth#2543 on 6/12/2014 1:43 AM PDT
Reply Quote
120 dust? ive never even looked at the price before. probably because i have over 5k dust, breaths, and crystals. i wish things would cost more so the mats wouldnt be taking up so much space in my stash. or maybe they should stack to 10k in a stack instead of 1k.
Reply Quote
06/12/2014 01:00 AMPosted by Zoth
OK let's say you have ZERO mats of any kind and you want to craft bracers. Now per rift I get ~30 Veiled Crystals (VC) and ~25 (usually 20) Arcane Dust (AD). This means I need 3 RIFTS to craft the most (and all of the others really) costly recipe with VC i.e. gloves while for bracers I need 5 RIFTS to collect the necessary AD. And I am not saying either on of them should be cheaper.

How do you comment?

Only 30 veiled and 20 dust? So that means you don't pick every blue and yellow item on the floor. That is your fault, and not the game. You can also salvage what you get from shard gambling.

If you pick everything up, you must be playing mini-rift's, because I get a lot more than 30/20 when I reach the end of the rift.

People have to realise, that crafting is not meant to be done ad libitum. It is something that comes over time. People just want their perfect-in-slot here and now, because they feel entitled to it. I blame it on the generation.....
Reply Quote
Only 30 veiled and 20 dust? So that means you don't pick every blue and yellow item on the floor. That is your fault, and not the game. You can also salvage what you get from shard gambling.

If you pick everything up, you must be playing mini-rift's, because I get a lot more than 30/20 when I reach the end of the rift.

People have to realise, that crafting is not meant to be done ad libitum. It is something that comes over time. People just want their perfect-in-slot here and now, because they feel entitled to it. I blame it on the generation.....

I pick everything and these are numbers until the RG. And they do not matter as such. It is about the ratio which is skewed.
Edited by Zoth#2543 on 6/12/2014 1:51 AM PDT
Reply Quote
120 for bracers is fine imho. there has to be some form of limiting factor somewhere in the crafting mechanics. bracers are a slot where for quite a few builds, the BiS item is crafted, so it´s a logical decision.
keep in mind that (near-)perfect reaper´s wraps are also harder to get than aughild with similar stats, because you can´t reroll the resource replenish %, but those builds that pick reapers over stromgarm etc. usually do so for this very effect.
Reply Quote
Dropping the required number to 60 would be enough.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]