Diablo® III

Are the new set drop rates going to apply to Kadala?

Community Manager
06/10/2014 09:38 AMPosted by Ghostboner
I'd really like to get my last marauders piece some time this year and was wondering if the buff will apply to her as well?

This change does affect Kadala, and every other available source that you can find a class-specific Set item from (monsters, chests, and destructibles included). For those of you who are interested in checking out the 2.0.6 patch notes on item changes you can follow this link.

Who's feeling ready to go kill some demons in Sanctuary?
Edited by Lylirra on 6/10/2014 12:26 PM PDT
Reply Quote
They all do RiF so .. they not rdy to hunt monster only to play Kadala Tycoon
Edited by FloxyTek#2369 on 6/10/2014 11:49 AM PDT
Reply Quote
06/10/2014 11:44 AMPosted by Grimiku
I'd really like to get my last marauders piece some time this year and was wondering if the buff will apply to her as well?

This change does affect Kadala, and every other available source that you can find a set item from. This includes monsters, chests, destructibles, and Kadala. :) For those of you who are interested in checking out the 2.0.6 patch notes on item changes you can follow [url="http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/14397824/patch-206-now-live-6-10-2014#items"]this link[/url].

Well I was until I realized that the monk "set buff" was a sad attempt at mollifying the monks without actually giving any thought to the class/set at all.

D3 Team Lead - "What should we do for monks?"
Monk Devs - "Lets give them some extra damage on their crappy set bonus, but add an internal cool down to it and make it not scale with elemental damage"
D3 Team Lead - "Genius - Jenkins promote that man"
Reply Quote

This change does affect Kadala, and every other available source that you can find a set item from. This includes monsters, chests, destructibles, and Kadala. :) For those of you who are interested in checking out the 2.0.6 patch notes on item changes you can follow [url="http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/14397824/patch-206-now-live-6-10-2014#items"]this link[/url].

You guys do realize everyone will just RiF and get everything right. Seems like that is the way game is meant to be played now then.
Reply Quote
06/10/2014 11:57 AMPosted by ThePrestige

You guys do realize everyone will just RiF and get everything right. Seems like that is the way game is meant to be played now then.

RiF is going to become obsolete when ladders come out.
Reply Quote
06/10/2014 11:48 AMPosted by FloxyTek

Exactly.

Why wasn't this broken mechanic fixed?
Reply Quote

<span class="truncated">...</span>

Or we'll RIF to get that last set piece or two to finish an entire set and then play the game the normal way now that we feel we can compete at higher Torments. After doing normal rifting on the chance of perfecting our somewhat completed builds, then we can move onto another char and try gearing/building them too.

RiF isn't a problem, stop whining about it. RiF is useful when you have 1 or two set pieces you need, otherwise if you're smart you run rifts entirely until you've built up some set pieces.

Had they not buffed drop rates, I actually would be doing RIF longer as I'd never get that one damn set piece I need to get the 6-piece bonus.

This also doesn't improve my chances of Taskers at all, or Wand of Woh, or Orpheus, or Moonlight, etc.

This buff to drop rates was absolutely needed, especially with ladders coming out if you were expected to be geared out before the end of a season. You hardcore weirdos need to get over yourselves, some of us want to be able to get gear without sacrificing a better portion of our lives to it.
Edited by Raven#1453 on 6/10/2014 12:08 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Hunter
06/10/2014 12:04 PMPosted by KhalARon

I know some people think so, but I still believe that, unless it is changed, RiF will be a factor in at least leveling during ladders.
Reply Quote

Or you people will realize that the player base of D3 comprises more than the few thousand people in the RiF channels at any given point.
Reply Quote
06/10/2014 12:11 PMPosted by Ryaskybird

I know some people think so, but I still believe that, unless it is changed, RiF will be a factor in at least leveling during ladders.

You mean power leveling? People will XP it forward, you think?
Reply Quote

This change to set drops should directly counter the RiF/gambling phenomenon. The entire reasoning behind the shift to gambling/RiF was because it was viewed as the fastest, most efficient way to gather set items and low level characters could gain a higher return on their farmed Rift Keys.

With this change to set drops, the incentive may be placed back into farming and killing monsters in addition to gambling with the shards you obtain in Rifts. Given how much everyone complained about getting BT set items to drop, I think this is a great step in the right direction if other set pieces now drop as frequently as BT set items did in the past.
Reply Quote
100 Orc Death Knight

...it's on.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Hunter
06/10/2014 12:15 PMPosted by KhalARon

You mean power leveling? People will XP it forward, you think?

Yes, I'm talking about power leveling. And XP it forward? I mean that it will be as it is today: folks running rifts to gear up their characters in order to run higher rifts, and allowing lower level characters in on the RG kill for the XP in exchange for opening the next rift.

And yes, there will be tiered rifts in 2.1, but folks will still have to gear up for those too--unless we're stepping into the first level naked and have to earn our gear as we go. If that's so, that will be awesome.
Reply Quote

This change does affect Kadala, and every other available source that you can find a class-specific Set item from (monsters, chests, and destructibles included). For those of you who are interested in checking out the 2.0.6 patch notes on item changes you can follow [url="http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/14397824/patch-206-now-live-6-10-2014#items"]this link[/url].

Why not tell your players the change to the percentages? Why hide everything? whose to say you're not just saying this as a placebo effect so everyone attributes their next set drop to this "buff"?
Reply Quote

This change does affect Kadala, and every other available source that you can find a class-specific Set item from (monsters, chests, and destructibles included). For those of you who are interested in checking out the 2.0.6 patch notes on item changes you can follow [url="http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/14397824/patch-206-now-live-6-10-2014#items"]this link[/url].

If by "kill some demons" you mean, "sit in the menu waiting for RIF games," then damn right - I'll be killing some demons. (Slight sarcasm intended.)

Making Kadala a part of this buff gives people even MORE of an incentive to play the Kadala slot machine simulator via Rift it Forward, instead of the game itself.

Yeah yeah, "You don't have to use it." But not doing so is simply inefficient if I'm looking for a certain item.

Edit: I don't particularly dislike RIF. I actually really enjoy it as a runner. It's just a little annoying knowing that I'd have a better chance at targeting a particular item by sitting in the menu waiting for RIF games - as opposed to just playing the game itself.
Edited by JS22#1569 on 6/10/2014 2:31 PM PDT
Reply Quote
06/10/2014 12:17 PMPosted by chizow
This change to set drops should directly counter the RiF/gambling phenomenon. The entire reasoning behind the shift to gambling/RiF was because it was viewed as the fastest, most efficient way to gather set items and low level characters could gain a higher return on their farmed Rift Keys.

That would be true if this change didn't affect what comes out of Kadala, but since it does, it really hasn't changed a damn thing; Kadala still is the place to go for set items.
Reply Quote
RiF + Kadala new "Auctionhouse" . Thanks Blizzard...
You know how to ruin this game.
Reply Quote
06/10/2014 02:49 PMPosted by Vresiberba
06/10/2014 12:17 PMPosted by chizow

That would be true if this change didn't affect what comes out of Kadala, but since it does, it really hasn't changed a damn thing; Kadala still is the place to go for set items.

Only if you need a specific set item or two... otherwise you should actually run rifts. Kadala exists to complete sets, which is perfect and exactly what she needs to be for. Now everyone stop !@#$ing %^-*!ing about RiF or we'll get stuck with the old system where you never get to complete a set due to that one @#$%in' item.
Reply Quote

LMFAO... so true..
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]