Diablo® III

Item Display Delays

Has there any resolution with the item delays, both dropping and inventory? I saw the stickies... nothing in it says it's going to be fixed. I'm still having the problem. Is there a temporary work around?
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
Kaizar,

The information collected above about item descriptions being delayed after dropping has been passed on to the appropriate department for investigation, but the last I heard was that they were unable to reproduce it in-house. This makes it very difficult for them to do anything I'm afraid.

I believe we made an adjustment already as to how the inventory screen refreshing was happening. You should not be seeing the same problem as originally described which was causing in-game lag, though you may still be seeing slightly strange behavior.

Reply Quote
@Omrakos

I believe this is what the OP is referring to and it is still occurring when prior to 2.0.5 it was always instant and definitely no strange frame lag when sorting through the Blacksmith 'All' selection.

See video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XvVMU3ecfDc&feature=youtu.be

Latency maintains 90 - 112ms. I have just learned to live with it, but it is a concern.
Reply Quote
I confirm. This happens to me (not 100% of the time - more like 10%) on two different machines on two different networks. Started after 2.0.5
Reply Quote
I still have problems with deaths breaths in particular not showing up when they drop for upwards of 2 seconds. But it happens with other items too.
Edited by Mordikye#1921 on 6/7/2014 12:55 PM PDT
Reply Quote
06/07/2014 04:51 AMPosted by Kaizar
Has there any resolution with the item delays, both dropping and inventory? I saw the stickies... nothing in it says it's going to be fixed. I'm still having the problem. Is there a temporary work around?

I encounter such from time to time, but I use 6year old computer -- AMD 5400 dualcore, 4gb ram, Nvidia 9600 GSO (384ram), Win 8.1 (32bit).
Reply Quote
I still sometimes get the dropped item delay when one other person is playing with me, but it seems to always happen as soon as a third person joins the game.
Reply Quote
Thanks Omkaros for replying!

My computer's fine.

I did notice the change in refreshing in the bag, it now shows items quicker, but there's still a significant delay specially when I have multiple items already in my bag.
Since I tend to switch items depending on the fight, or if there's a shrine.

And the delay with the item dropping is just a slight annoyance, when doing speed runs to wait for the loot to drop only happens to rare items. Legs, blues, mats, and whites/greys, at time of death of the mob/or opening of chests/objects.
Reply Quote
Can confirm this too.

It mostly happens in party games while doing a Rift I think. So if they want to reproduce it, they should probably hop in a 4-player Rift.

06/07/2014 10:36 AMPosted by Omrakos
I believe we made an adjustment already as to how the inventory screen refreshing was happening. You should not be seeing the same problem as originally described which was causing in-game lag, though you may still be seeing slightly strange behavior.

Yea, previously the whole game could freeze for seconds, which was highly frustrating.
Now there are no freezes at all, which is a huge improvement, however it's not ideal because while inventory and other stuff opens immediately, the items will sometimes be shown with delays.

Neither the lag on drops nor on inventory was present in the game earlier, haven't seen it until I started to play again when the expansion was released.
Reply Quote
but the last I heard was that they were unable to reproduce it in-house

what does that mean? you guys testing the game on a lan? trying playing it on live servers with everyone else...there's a delay with normal yellow/blue loot but epics pop up automatic
Reply Quote
The inventory lag is pretty much gone for me, but some drops still take a while to appear.
Legendarys drop instantly ----> Deaths Breath takes 5+ seconds to show, by which time I'm long gone. If I need to back track through a rift I see a lot of stuff that I've missed.
This was never an issue with D3 pre RoS.
Edited by Dyabolik#6727 on 6/8/2014 6:03 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Yup Inventory freeze is gone, drop delay isn't.
Pretty much my whole guild has this "bug". Some times, as Dyabolik said, it takes up to 8 seconds to show up.

06/08/2014 03:08 PMPosted by sifting
but the last I heard was that they were unable to reproduce it in-house

what does that mean? you guys testing the game on a lan? trying playing it on live servers with everyone else...there's a delay with normal yellow/blue loot but epics pop up automatic

That shocked me too...testing a delay kind of problem "locally" might not be the best option^^
Edited by Darkrox#2119 on 6/9/2014 12:13 AM PDT
Reply Quote
I've never experienced inventory and skill bar lag prior to 2.0.5. and now its always there.
Reply Quote
lag tonight was so bad i had to log off
Reply Quote
06/07/2014 11:02 AMPosted by Grenth

See video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XvVMU3ecfDc&feature=youtu.be

This happens to me constantly since 2.0.5. I've both upgraded my computer and got a new Internet connection since then (both unrelated to D3, the issue doesn't bother me enough to try crazy things like that) but the "staggered loading" of the inventory/stash and the blacksmith taking a while to load has persisted through both of those upgrades.

Edit: Accidentally a quote tag.
Edited by phyber#2696 on 6/9/2014 1:56 AM PDT
Reply Quote
The biggest issue about it for me is while in the heat of battle, in a rift or wherever, it makes it a bit difficult to swap gear items efficiently for different types of mobs or affixes especially at T6.

Like I said in my previous post I've learned to live with it, but it would be really sweet if It didn't do that.

as far as the weird blacksmith lag when switching between 'Highest Usable' and 'All', I have no idea what is going on there or if it's somehow related.
Reply Quote
I have been experiencing this inventory load in bug since the last patch also. I would like to see this fixed with a hotfix asap and please do test your patches better before releasing to the public. :(
Reply Quote
I have not seen the inventory load bug since the patch, but I have seen it before the patch. So there is definitely improvements there.

For the item drop lag, I am still experiencing this after the patch. It's very common with weapon/armor racks in multiplayer game (4 players). Maybe 1/20 to 1/30 racks, I would seen the item fly out when i click on it, but it takes about 2 seconds for the item tooltip text to appear. It is most easily reproducible in the jailer rift floor, just run around clicking all the racks in a multiplayer game.
Reply Quote
Omrakos,

I made a post on the sticky thread a couple days ago with some steps I took to try and isolate the issue. My concern was the thread seemed to focus on a network-related cause, whereas I'm thinking it's graphical:

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/12506150501?page=13#256

My best guess is the delay is a result of textures taking too long to load, and may likely be related to the other issue some of us had with the UI freezing up when we opened the inventory screen.

One key observation I made is that a particular item never gets delayed if there is already another item just like it (e.g. another Death's Breath) on screen.
Reply Quote
This is still happening in 2.0.6.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]