Diablo® III

rift guardian dc

Wish there was a way to not lose an entire session at 99% and dc when the guardian pops and lose the game. how about a 3 min timer to reconnect. My computers a fresh build with high end gear with 50 meg cable so don't go down that route.
Reply Quote
Suggest playing with friends in private game. If disconnect, you will be able to join the good fight once back online.
Reply Quote
I don't know if this is a bug or part of the programming but I just finished a solo T1 rift. I entered a new level and saw the timer was at 96%. There was a shield pylon at the door so I thought 'great, I'll stay close to the pylon for the next 4% so I can use it on the guardian. Well I went thru about 10 rooms and saw the timer was at 99%. Great I thought! I waited for 6 minutes and the guardian never popped. I ran around, broke some stuff, went to town came back, still at 99%. So I thought he's not gonna pop so I clicked the pylon and guess what? As soon as the shield effect was about to wear off up comes the Rift guardian!! What's up with that?
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
Marzapan,

It's not a timer, it's a counter. You need to kill enough monsters (999 I believe) for it to reach 100% at which point the guardian will spawn.

In any case, according to your description, something was apparently wrong with the rift as they don't start at 96% completed, unless you maybe joined one already in progress?

Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
06/07/2014 04:20 PMPosted by Omrakos
Marzapan,

It's not a timer, it's a counter. You need to kill enough monsters (999 I believe) for it to reach 100% at which point the guardian will spawn.

It's a counter that flops around 400, 450 and 500 kills. You can figure this out by killing a few mobs and watching the % as it goes up,

I would actually like it if it was random between 400-999, that way rifts can have higher density, get a 999 rift, only 4 floors... enjoy really packed room!!
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Paladin
Yeah there's continous DC's doing anything in D3, makes the game unplayable. Can't even do Rifts
Reply Quote
06/07/2014 11:23 PMPosted by Neogeoracer
06/07/2014 04:20 PMPosted by Omrakos
Marzapan,

It's a counter that flops around 400, 450 and 500 kills.

It's exactly 450.

I agree, though. A random number between 400-600 would be better than a fixed 450 every rift.
Reply Quote
this should be done based on XP gain from monsters not just a simple counter

that's pure noob of blizz to do

some rifts take much longer as monsters are much more difficult or high hp

the number in the counter needs to be based off XP gained
Reply Quote
it should better be based on the might of the monsters killed, white mob giving less that unique or rare monster in %
Reply Quote
06/08/2014 07:21 PMPosted by Hugster
this should be done based on XP gain from monsters not just a simple counter

that's pure noob of blizz to do

some rifts take much longer as monsters are much more difficult or high hp

the number in the counter needs to be based off XP gained

06/08/2014 10:42 PMPosted by Kaintk
it should better be based on the might of the monsters killed, white mob giving less that unique or rare monster in %

That's exactly what Blizzard plans to do with 2.1.
Reply Quote
The current Rift progress counter is exactly 450 monsters, regardless of torment level.

Just clearing it up for anyone who's confused.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]