Diablo® III

[NEW INFOS] 2.1 preparations

hi guys. i just watched the theorycraft stream on twitch and travis day squiezed out some nice infos.

the first and most important one was:

save up ur good rings and amulets that have a socket, legendary gems are coming for them.

the 2nd: they plan on revamping the hellfirequest, both reward and overall experience (hard to farm/crap rolls at the end)

he also mentioned a crazy idea that the hellfire ring will proc a 5th passive for a period of time, but that was just an idea if i remember correctly.

well thats all. he said lots of stuff that we already know. they wanna bring up all class sets to the lvl of WD. so every class can smash trough t6 when they have their 6 piece set + rorg + support items for the build wich the set is focusing on.

oh and one more thing.

brandy camel said she was working on a blog, and that blog is just around the corner. i guess we will see tons of info in the coming week, maybe even a ptr
Edited by karajobob#2444 on 6/12/2014 4:59 PM PDT
Reply Quote
06/12/2014 04:56 PMPosted by karajobob
save up ur good rings and amulets that have a socket, legendary gems are coming for them.

Ooooh!
Reply Quote
Thanks for the info. But regarding "legendary gems" will they just be an improved Flawless Royal gem or will they have many unique stats?
Reply Quote
I imagine something spectacular about legendary gems.
Like procs.
I'm fairly sure they will be significant.
Reply Quote
they wanna bring up all class sets to the lvl of WD. so every class can smash trough t6 when they have their 6 piece set + rorg + support items for the build wich the set is focusing on.

Sounds cool, but 6 piece sets shouldn´t be mandatory to smash T6.
Reply Quote
Legendary gem in blizz eyes would be : Increase weapon attack speed by 0.01.
Reply Quote
Nice, thanks for sharing.
Reply Quote
06/12/2014 05:13 PMPosted by weintraub79
they wanna bring up all class sets to the lvl of WD. so every class can smash trough t6 when they have their 6 piece set + rorg + support items for the build wich the set is focusing on.

Sounds cool, but 6 piece sets shouldn´t be mandatory to smash T6.

I think so too.
I'd rather if the standard legendarys were the real BiS. Once you got a bunch.
Not sure how to do that. Don't really like being stuck with cindercoat either.
Maybe sets are the way to go.
Reply Quote
legendary gems only for rings and amulet? man rings and amulets already have so many mandatory stats... poor choice imo
Reply Quote
06/12/2014 05:36 PMPosted by Esspay
legendary gems only for rings and amulet? man rings and amulets already have so many mandatory stats... poor choice imo

I worry a bit about that too.
Guess we gonna start rolling without either crit-dmg or mainstat, or crit even?
Will need to do some math on what to roll away.
One thing that's awesome about sockets is that they're binary, only one socket, can't fail the roll.
Reply Quote
Community Manager
brandy camel said she was working on a blog, and that blog is just around the corner. i guess we will see tons of info in the coming week, maybe even a ptr

We're almost there. :) Glad you tuned in and enjoyed the stream! Part of why you haven't seen me much on the forums is a heckuva lot of research and writing, and 2.1 has certainly been one of those topics.

I'll toss up a summary blog for today's stream soon, but in the mean time, you can rewatch the broadcast at your leisure on our Twitch channel here. Don't forget to follow us for future broadcasts!
Reply Quote
He said the hellfire ammy would unlock a 5th passive from your class. He didn't mention anything about it being a proc. He said you could choose the main stat but it would have 5 other random stats.
Reply Quote
06/12/2014 05:55 PMPosted by Murdekaiser
He said the hellfire ammy would unlock a 5th passive from your class. He didn't mention anything about it being a proc. He said you could choose the main stat but it would have 5 other random stats.

can we have another finger item slot than? soj rrog unity hellfire? why o why the pain i cant handle it

edit its a hellfire amulet now? nvm than! i like that
Edited by Esspay#1231 on 6/12/2014 5:57 PM PDT
Reply Quote
06/12/2014 05:57 PMPosted by Esspay
its a hellfire amulet now? nvm than! i like that

Me too. Sounds fairly amazing.
Out to farm keys then!
Reply Quote
06/12/2014 06:07 PMPosted by Bombus
06/12/2014 05:57 PMPosted by Esspay
its a hellfire amulet now? nvm than! i like that

Me too. Sounds fairly amazing.
Out to farm keys then!

yep was just thinking that. i got some keys but not much
Reply Quote
What Game Breaking Ideas...

Here's one...

Let us use more than 6 skills at a time. Remember when you could unlock as many as you wanted to in any other game, but this one restricts you. Pretty sure I had skills going from F1 all the way to F12. It wasn't difficult to handle either. (even with being able to switch weapons)

Remove Restrictions and let us design our own guys.
Remove the silly 4-2. Make them spawn all sorts of abilities.
Remove the Everything just does more Damage attributes.
Remove the "musts" in this game. (sockets in Helms, Sockets in weapon, 3 sockets in chest, 2 sockets in pants).

Most of this stuff is DUH. Making the crafted ring better, you think? I thought at some point you'd just add a 3rd ring slot where only this Ring could be placed and call it "good".

Just baffled that I'm assuming this team has One job to do all day everyday, but can't figure it out.
Reply Quote

[/quote]

Can we just call them what they are....Jewels.
Reply Quote
06/12/2014 05:36 PMPosted by Esspay

Well if the legendary gems have stats like 12% IAS or 15% CC or 150% CD... that would make you want to give something up for the socket.
Reply Quote
I'll toss up a summary blog for today's stream soon, but in the mean time, you can rewatch the broadcast at your leisure on our Twitch channel here. Don't forget to follow us for future broadcasts!

One nice thing you could do if you would is to mention at what point the streaming part actually starts. I like the music and everything but no one starts talking until nearly 20 minutes in. Would be helpful.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]