Diablo® III

Omg.....Hellfire Amulet...

Hellfire Amulet will unlock a randomly rolled Passive for your class.

Really can't wait to see that.

Source : http://www.diablofans.com/
Reply Quote
Community Manager
Well, that sounds like a very interesting amulet to a goatman. What do the rest of you think about that as a possible reward for completing Infernal Machine events?
Reply Quote
be kinda cool to have something like that
Reply Quote
Amulet is a coveted and difficult slot to fill.
There's many choices, but hard to get a good one.
Rings are too contested.
Amulet is the best choice. And a fifth passive can really get interesting!
Reply Quote
NOT RANDOM!!

AAUGH!

Can you imagine if it unlocks one of the useless passives?
Or one that conflicts with your build?

PLEASE let us CHOOSE the passive!
Reply Quote
bout time we craft some leg ammys : )

Dem activities for BiS
Edited by Gnosis#1870 on 6/12/2014 11:23 PM PDT
Reply Quote
That would be an amazing reward, but a little unnecessary. If it was added I would definitely nolife the uber event for a week though.

If they do add this I hope they do something to aid solo players when it comes to rifting. Hate the 1:1 ration currently as I enjoy rifts but not so much bounties. Maybe rift fragments from higher torment bosses (T4+ drops 3 fragments, T5 4 and T6 5?)
Reply Quote
The question is;

If it rolls a randomly rolled passive, what passives are in the roll pool?

Additionally what makes the the amulet better than any other legendary?
Reply Quote
06/12/2014 11:21 PMPosted by Yxalitis
NOT RANDOM!!

AAUGH!

Can you imagine if it unlocks one of the useless passives?
Or one that conflicts with your build?

PLEASE let us CHOOSE the passive!

Heh no :P
Farm a new one.
I dunno how a passive even could conflict a build? It can be fairly useless ofcourse, but that's not the same thing.

06/12/2014 11:27 PMPosted by HydrA
The question is;

If it rolls a randomly rolled passive, what passives are in the roll pool?

Additionally what makes the the amulet better than any other legendary?

All of them?
And it will grant you a fifth passive...
Guess some items are better anyway, but seems like the best amulet to me.

You'll likely want cc, cd, element and socket for a perfect one. So the only stat which are affected by it being legendary is elemental. But that's only for a perfect one. Mainstat is higher on legendary and so are many other stats.
Will be something to get out for I think.
Edited by Bombus#2506 on 6/13/2014 7:37 AM PDT
Reply Quote
For the love of god, please make the extra passive a secondary stat.
Reply Quote
The top passive I like to have on my ammy.

Perfectionist - Reduce the Discipline cost of all skills by 10%. Increase your Life, Armor, and resistance to all elements by 10%
Reply Quote
As long as it can roll CHD, Dexterity*, Socket (for new legendary gems), and Physical%, I could probably find a use for it.**

*Or maybe Min-Max Damage, I'd have to double-check my math.
**Yes, I left off CHC intentionally.

Can we not make it as aggravating as the current Hellfire Ring though if the passive will also be random? Otherwise that's another ~20x more randomness to finding a good item, and no one is saying the amount of randomization in the process or roll of the Hellfire Ring is good.
Reply Quote
First of all, it's great because there isn't currently any "mandatory" amulets, looking at RoRG, SoJ and Unity, these bad boys were the reason Hellfire Ring is useless.

That bein said, amulet is currently the hardest slot to get a perfect roll on, because getting the element damage you need, along with CC and CHD (all in decent rolls) is quite an RNG challenge.

Adding another absolutely collossal layer of RNG (one random passive out of the many there are) will make the item too hard to roll well, in my opinion.
Reply Quote
the question is if we need new mats to craft that amulet or if we could use the mats we can farm now...

the 5th passive should be random and a secondary i gues but it will be really really hard to get a good one if it has 6 random rolls or a bad static roll...
Reply Quote
Better then the useless Rings
Reply Quote
06/12/2014 11:33 PMPosted by Esquilax
Adding another absolutely collossal layer of RNG (one random passive out of the many there are) will make the item too hard to roll well, in my opinion.

Yeah, it will be hard. But you already got the passives you want.
Whatevers there as a fifth becomes an extra.

06/12/2014 11:29 PMPosted by SKGlish
For the love of god, please make the extra passive a secondary stat.

Yes. As primary it won't be very sweet.
Reply Quote
I would love this idea, and I'd be OK with it being random, if and only if the horrific organ mechanics are fixed. Those should be a 100% drop rate on any level of Torment, with higher levels of Torment giving a chance to drop more than one copy of an organ.

It's enough of a grind to acquire the keys for everything. Add onto that getting the actual organs, and all for a randomly rolled passive? Honestly, I would probably not even bother, despite the potential for an amazingly good amulet.
Reply Quote
Such an amulet will be pretty nice unless it will have unpopular predefined rolls like
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/item/halcyons-ascent
Make unlockable passive a secondary stat and allow achieving CC and CD rolls on the amulet and I'll marry it. :)

PS Otherwise only monks will use it.
Edited by Shadowman#2358 on 6/12/2014 11:50 PM PDT
Reply Quote
06/12/2014 11:27 PMPosted by Bombus
All of them?
And it will grant you a fifth passive...
SO basically I could get 2x WoH affix :)
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]