Diablo® III

Suggestion

I'm not sure why this hasn't been incorporated yet but please add an option to auto-pickup crafting materials and gems in the game settings.

I'm sure everyone in the community will agree to this one.

It would be fairly easy; remove them as inventory items and make the collection system similar to that of the gold and rift shards'.

/e

I'll add onto this list as long as I can.

2) Have an Icon next to all teammates using Unity.
3) Give the ability to inspect teammates even if they are in a different area but still in your game. Its silly that I have to go to the Profile first, then hit Heroes and then I have the option to Inspect. Too many steps.
Edited by Matt#1428 on 6/12/2014 5:33 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Community Manager
This is a good suggestion, and it's actually been something that we've been exploring since just before Reaper of Souls launched.

On the whole, we agree with your feedback and are currently working on some different ways to help streamline the process of picking up, storing, and using crafting resources.

Let me preface what I’m about to say with the caveat that any changes we make to crafting material management at this point would come after Reaper of Souls ships. With that in mind, here’s a few ideas we’re tinkering with to help get you thinking about some of the cool possibilities:

• All crafting materials would be moved to a currency-style storage in the UI. Think something similar to Blood Shards.
  • All crafting materials would become auto pickup, except for LEGENDARY crafting material. (Legendary crafting material would still be automatically stored as a currency, but players must click on it to pick it up.)
  • All crafters would pull crafting materials from this storage area for recipes.
  • Crafting materials that the player doesn’t currently own would appear in grey text with a 0 counter.
  • Players could mouse over the icons of all crafting material to get the full tooltip of the item. This includes greyed out ones.
  • Currently, we do not intend to store gems in this way because it would make socketing items feel clunky.

• I should point out that we won't be making any adjustments to the crafting resource management system in patch 2.1. The ideas we have about possible changes to crafting material storage and currency are just that: ideas. They're still subject to heavy amounts of change and iteration, and are not something we've yet decided to implement.
    Edited by Lylirra on 6/13/2014 10:48 AM PDT
    Reply Quote
    06/12/2014 04:51 PMPosted by Matt

I'm not sure about that at all. What I am sure of is that some troll would create a thread(s) about how not stopping to pick things up off the ground removes choice and dumbs down the game.
    Reply Quote
    Yeah, let's not just simply add more stash tabs, but make the game more casual with auto loot! Haha.. guys, really? It seems to me you guys just create difficulties within the game on your own.
    Edited by SWR#1712 on 6/12/2014 6:31 PM PDT
    Reply Quote
    Man, coding diablo 3 is certainly a neverending nightmare.
    Reply Quote
    06/12/2014 06:26 PMPosted by Eschaton

I'm not sure about that at all. What I am sure of is that some troll would create a thread(s) about how not stopping to pick things up off the ground removes choice and dumbs down the game.

06/12/2014 06:26 PMPosted by SWR
    Yeah, let's not just simply add more stash tabs, but make the game more casual with auto loot! Haha.. guys, really? It seems to me you guys just create difficulties within the game on your own.

Good call.
    Reply Quote
    Maybe they could place check boxes for specific mats/gems and we could just check the ones that we'd like to auto pick up?
    Reply Quote
    06/12/2014 06:38 PMPosted by adriano
    Maybe they could place check boxes for specific mats/gems and we could just check the ones that we'd like to auto pick up?
    Sound like a great idea but that's probably way, WAY too hard to code;
    Reply Quote

Yeah I can see that happening .

They would probably say how the next step would be to remove having to kill monsters to obtain the items and just go to some vendor or even do it from menus . You just pick the gear you want what stats you want on it etc .

Yep I can see it now .
    Reply Quote
    06/12/2014 06:45 PMPosted by Grailer

Yeah I can see that happening .

They would probably say how the next step would be to remove having to kill monsters to obtain the items and just go to some vendor or even do it from menus . You just pick the gear you want what stats you want on it etc .

Yep I can see it now .

Wait, didn't they already do that when they removed leg materials!??!
    Reply Quote
    View profile
  • All crafting materials would become auto pickup, except for LEGENDARY crafting material. (Legendary crafting material is being removed but we are keeping that a secret until we actually do it.)

• Fixed =p
    Edited by DuckOfDeath#1577 on 6/12/2014 6:53 PM PDT
    Reply Quote
    06/12/2014 06:52 PMPosted by DuckOfDeath
  • All crafting materials would become auto pickup, except for LEGENDARY crafting material. (Legendary crafting material is being removed but we are keeping that a secret until we actually do it.)

• Fixed =p

06/12/2014 06:22 PMPosted by Grimiku
    here’s a few ideas we’re tinkering with to help get you thinking about some of the cool possibilities:

some

possibilities

Which are
    subject to change

Blizzard pretty much prefaces everything with something along the lines of it being subject to change, so when people who have mental issues assume something was promised to them or simply misreads, they have a safeguard.
    Reply Quote
    View profile

Click it or walk over it. It's like Laser Tag and Seal Team 6... just no comparison Kappa. Get over yourself. Might want to stop saying "casual" it's making you sound like the wide end of a feminine product.
    Reply Quote
    06/12/2014 08:52 PMPosted by Nineunbuffed

Click it or walk over it. It's like Laser Tag and Seal Team 6... just no comparison Kappa. Get over yourself. Might want to stop saying "casual" it's making you sound like the wide end of a feminine product.

Oh, you're part of Kripparian's army? Go play some more casual hearthstone :)
    Reply Quote
    While we're at it can we please make it so we can Stealth our Profiles. I don't care for everyone seein my bizz.
    Reply Quote
    All crafting materials would become auto pickup, except for LEGENDARY crafting material. (Legendary crafting material would still be automatically stored as a currency, but players must click on it to pick it up.)

That will be cool..... wait, you had already removed all the legendary crafting mats from the recipes and they are vendor trash now.

As I mentioned on another thread, I am somewhat disappeared with this change. It means one less thing we can do endgame.
    http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/13086798952?page=1
    Reply Quote
    This is a good suggestion, and it's actually been something that we've been planning to add since just before Reaper of Souls launched. It's still on the way, and subject to change, but here's what we had to say about it originally in case any of you haven't heard.

I think auto picking up gold/ health globes while standing in the same spot (so long as it's within range) is a good idea too. It would be a good idea in general, but it would also make goldskin/ goldwrap, reapers wrap, and a lot of WD skills more effective.
    Reply Quote
    You want a very good suggestion blizz ?

Allow us to transmog Swords, maces, axes into spears and daggers !

Cosmetic customization SHALL not be restrained like that
    Reply Quote
    what about auto pickup of potions - it's really annoying to have one once you've got that unlimited legendary pots in your stash
    Reply Quote
    Why do Barbs have all the fun? can Use all their best skills at the same time... Earthquake, Wrath of Berserker, Call of Ancients... Not only do Barbs already have damage reduc 30% or whatever... but they get Immunity to all stuns and movement impairing effects... WDs & Monks have their own too...
    How come the dude who wears cloth and has no 30% damage reduc gets F'd in The A? Wheres the Love for Wizzies??? Give Archon immune to Stuns Freezes plz...
    Thanks...
    Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
    Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]