Diablo® III

Over 2700 bounties and no RORG

all i have been doing is farming bounties trying to get this ring and its getting really boring idk what to do.
Reply Quote
Take a break.
Reply Quote
Same here still no RoRG and I've lost count how many bounties I've done.
I think I have almost 300 rift keys in stash but lost count how many I've spent.

I'm not really concerned about RoRG that much.
Out of all the Act 1 caches items, the only thing I haven't got yet is RoRG and Golden Gorget of Leoric.

So I've had the Mad Monarch's Scepter but it wasn't even a good roll so it when into FS.
Then I got the Skeleton Kings shoulders but haven't used them due to low rolls.
and I have the Sanguinary Vambraces which rolled Dex so I gave them to my Monk.

So I am bound to get RoRG eventually since I have most of the other Act 1 cache items.

But the only cache item I'm wearing is illusory boots (act 2) which is the only handy thing I have, since anything legs (pants and boots) are hard to come by.

Why does this game neglect pants and boots so bad? I mean seriously it takes 3-4 months just to find at least 3 pair of legendary pants in that amount of time.
As for set pants which is almost impossible to get unless your on harder difficulties so you get a better drop rate.

Boots are just as bad as pants and even shoulders are kinda rare for me aswell.
I have no problem getting belts or rings and the occasional amulet.

So what is with the drop rates on particular gear.
I feel rings, belts and amulets have a higher chance drop rate than legs.
Also I feel chests and shoulders have a slight better rate than legs.
While helms are bit over the place and are in between chest, shoulders and amulets.
SO overall I think legs have the worst drop rate of them all...especially when it takes at least 3 months to get at least 3 pairs of pants.
While in that time you will find at least 20 rings, 10 amulets and then 15 or 20 belts in 3 months.

I swear you make your own excel drop rate chart and mark the items you found in the 3 month time period.
But I swear legs with "always" have the lowest drop rate.

RoRG is ok when you have set items but it's worthless if you can't even get set items.
Reply Quote
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/12675389719

Guide to increase the chances of getting an RoRG. Some say it's rubbish but others have gotten solid results.
Reply Quote
Follow the guide from MrDuma it does work. Are you split running them or all solo? Add me if you want someone to run some if you want, bounties are always good fun.
Reply Quote
LOL. I've never seen that guide. Hilarious stuff but I'm willing to try to get a better Int RoRG.

And I do have a ring that has some good MF on it... may as well use it here I guess.
Reply Quote
If you have any old MF gear, chuck it on your follower. Doing normal bounties solo are still really fast so you can optimise your gear for MF since everything will be dying instantly anyway.
Reply Quote
i don't need that !@#$
Reply Quote
Thanks so much for posting that link MrDuMa

It worked for me :-)

After 1210 bounties... I could do Act 1 with my eyes closed!

I don't need to run that act anymore for some time and my life can continue

Thanks again! Much appreciated! :-)
Reply Quote
MVP
View profile
I honestly never realised this ring was that rare, I got it the first week that RoS was out xD of course I'm yet to see any of the lvl70 class sets drop at all.....RNG =(

Goodluck fellow hunters!
Reply Quote
06/15/2014 05:18 AMPosted by kuans
Thanks so much for posting that link MrDuMa

It worked for me :-)

After 1210 bounties... I could do Act 1 with my eyes closed!

I don't need to run that act anymore for some time and my life can continue

Thanks again! Much appreciated! :-)

I still don't have a RoRG lol

06/15/2014 05:46 PMPosted by Narull
I honestly never realised this ring was that rare, I got it the first week that RoS was out xD of course I'm yet to see any of the lvl70 class sets drop at all.....RNG =(

Goodluck fellow hunters!

What times are you on, Narull? I'm not really a peak timer (usually working....... like now :p) but it'd be cool to run a few games with you. We'll get your wizard to 70 then start hunting. Been getting a lot of Firebirds lately and even a few DH cloaks, Crusader flails and WD mojos.. all on my wizard when I play in pubs.

Alternatively, I could try to get my haven't-touched-since-week-3-of-vanilla DH to level 70 and farm for DH items...
Reply Quote
Hi MrDuMa, I’ll share with you my experience…

Due to the extremely low drop chance of the RoRG, I utilize the 50% magic find from the Cain’s set and 15% magic find set bonus from the litany of the undaunted and the wailing host, thus giving me a total magic find of 65%

I know magic find is bugged now but hey… if it gives me just that little edge to increase the drop chance of finding the RoRG, after 1210 bounties I’ll try anything mate!

So sometime during the first hour of play, I got a leg from killing the spider boss so I knew my pity timer was reset. Logged out for that day.

Then played again the next day and I had a clean 1 complete hour of getting no leg. So keeping my fingers crossed after the last run, I started a new private game @ T6 and open all my caches and there lies in the middle of all the loot…. only one legendary ring and it was none other than the RoRG!

The feeling of obtaining it after sooooo many bounties is just indescribable. Thank you again for posting that link. Good luck mate! I know you will indeed find that ring.
Reply Quote
Yeah... I have a legacy MF set, a couple of 70 Nagelrings (they alone give 40~50MF), etc... I can do Normal bounties just as fast with those items since it's pretty easy.

I just haven't invested much time into doing bounties.. that's all. I find a pretty good Mad Monarch's Scepter that's almost got max rolls on damage and damage% so that's always a plus.

Thanks for sharing though. I've read the posts in the Junger Rules thread and people are giving similar stories.
Reply Quote
is all luck man. i got 2 in the same day, one for barb one for DH
Reply Quote
I tried jungers rules, Worked for me once, didnt another time. I think its just RNG personally. I also think you should do normal bounties at least in my experience.
My DH took 130 caches for 1 ring
My Wiz got 4 wings in first 35 caches
Good luck bro
Reply Quote
Question. What Torment level do you do this? I had been doing bounties normally at T5 or T6 depending on who am with. T6 is solo, and I didn't have to do it so often to get my RoRG. RNG is RNG, but swing it to your favor by doing as high a difficulty as possible. I think I had gotten 5 or 7 already. My friends, who ride the cache turn in, also get theirs as well.
Reply Quote
06/17/2014 09:16 PMPosted by Kazekhan
Question. What Torment level do you do this? I had been doing bounties normally at T5 or T6 depending on who am with. T6 is solo, and I didn't have to do it so often to get my RoRG. RNG is RNG, but swing it to your favor by doing as high a difficulty as possible. I think I had gotten 5 or 7 already. My friends, who ride the cache turn in, also get theirs as well.

It's optimal to RoRG hunting in Normal since you can finish bounties a lot faster, even more so if you're doing split farming. You'll get a cache every 5 minutes or so.

Junger Rules are just optimised so the chances of getting another leg is lower since it'll reset the pity timer.
Reply Quote
Well, based on experience, I got more RORGs on higher torments. I have 5 equipped. At most probably 20-30 caches. So perhaps try to do it at the highest torment that you can do the fastest? RNG is RNG
Edited by Kazekhan#1617 on 6/18/2014 2:37 AM PDT
Reply Quote
You need to do Act 1 or Act 4 bounties. You can do 100000 Act2,3,5 and wont get a single ring :D

Also drops system is made around big numbers.
Meaning farming ring for 10mins each day may never get you a ring.
Reply Quote
MrDuma worked for me. 20 or so Normal caches with no MF. A few bosses dropped legs along the way, but still found a RoRG.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]