Diablo® III

Over 2700 bounties and no RORG

Join A bounty split farming community.

Join chat channel and type in chat LFG A1 splits and whatever level you want to farm. or start your own group LFM A1 Splits.

Split farm on T2 -T3 if you can handle it.

I find doing at least 6-10 caches if not a whole inventory Tab full gives best results, Put in at least an hour at a time. Or at least save up 10 - 30 and open at same time.

The level of the toon you collect the the bounty from Tyreal will also determine the level of loot in cache.

IMO normal runs are now a waste of time since the buff to caches T2 and up.

There is probably some merit to farming caches using Junger rules. But I've found it almost impossible to find 4 people willing to stick to the rules.
Edited by avariceNZ#6222 on 6/23/2014 12:47 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Yeah, it seems crazy that the only place you can find groups doing split A1 bounties is on normal difficulty, surely a half-decent geared group would be able to split torment 1 bounties taking just a bit more time, you could still breeze through it in under 10 minutes.

One method I've been using is just farming a stash tab full of caches on normal difficulty. Once collected, then play your normal game, eg torment 2 public rifts. If I go 2-3 rifts without a legendary drop, then I'll open a few cache bags.

With the increased leg drop rate now, it seems that the average time for a leg drop now is 30 minutes, so I try and open a few bags at this point if one hasn't dropped.
Reply Quote
Yah same here lost count on how many caches ive open still no RORG, however saying that ive open heaps of rifts and seem to get high chances in getting set items/legs drops from the rifts.

I CBF farming for RORG now cos its soo boring and lame..... i only do it for fun when i feel like it plus i've got over 500+ rift keys so got to use them somehow.

Another thing about the crappy caches is that its not rewarding enough as they v-rarely drop any leg drops(Agian no point really as leg drops are better found from rifts).

To make it more fun i think they should change it so that when you open up the caches heaps of gold drops from the sky like the http://us.battle.net/d3/en/item/gladiator-gauntlets but X10

=)
Reply Quote
It's really odd. ive been soloing a1 caches (fyi, not bounties, 5 bounties in 1 act = cache) I'm averaging a RORG every 40 caches.
Reply Quote
06/23/2014 10:23 PMPosted by Weegee
It's really odd. ive been soloing a1 caches (fyi, not bounties, 5 bounties in 1 act = cache) I'm averaging a RORG every 40 caches.

Ok, you got to send me an invite when you do them cause I haven't had a RRoG drop for me since they bump up the likelihood of Legs dropping from caches from Torment levels, how ironic.

I've done T2-T5 Act 1 bounties and all but the RRoG drops.
Edited by jtcdgroup#6797 on 6/23/2014 11:28 PM PDT
Reply Quote
06/23/2014 08:23 PMPosted by Balsac
Yeah, it seems crazy that the only place you can find groups doing split A1 bounties is on normal difficulty, surely a half-decent geared group would be able to split torment 1 bounties taking just a bit more time, you could still breeze through it in under 10 minutes.

Couldn't agree more on normal difficulty farming ... but I can't see the point in split farming... no social impact and you might miss a leg dropping where they are!

Posted by Weegee

Ok, you got to send me an invite when you do them cause I haven't had a RRoG drop for me since they bump up the likelihood of Legs dropping from caches from Torment levels, how ironic.

Whats a RRoG? Never seen one myself... too many bounties to count - i think Griz took em all
Reply Quote
A RRoG is "The Royal Ring of Grandeur"; a ring that reduces the number of set items required for set bonuses, though you still need a minimum of two items equipped from a set to see any further benefits, eg. wear two Aughild's gear (shoulders, bracers) and get the benefits of wearing three items if you have the RRoG equipped.

Leg drops are a dime a dozen anyway, I wouldn't be too worried about missing a leg drop on normal difficulty split farming, you can't get torment-only legendary drops for a start, so a lot of end-game items can't drop for you anyway.

Gave T4 bounties a go on act 1 last night solo, netted 3 legendarys from 4 cache bags, opening each one once I completed act 1 as long as there were no legendary drops during the run. Compare that to 1 leg drop from 30 cache bags on normal difficulty the last couple of times I did that.
Edited by Balsac#1275 on 6/24/2014 8:21 PM PDT
Reply Quote
nice toons balsac... ty for the info :)

Agreed about not liking normal bounty runs cause of the lack of challenge and social interaction mainly - but there is always the thought of "what if"in regards to the legs I don't get.
Edited by NickBaldyM#6414 on 6/24/2014 10:41 PM PDT
Reply Quote
got my 1st Rorg last nigh on my 500th bounty... no jongaleur rules... just ran about 6 split bounties in a row T1 - included leg drops in run.

RNG is RNG :)

Then Azza comes for a run and gets his 1st and a beauty of a ring to boot! Gratz!
Reply Quote
Gratz on your first Nick, finally pop your RRoG cherry. lol
Reply Quote
Heya Nick - thank you! 2000 bounties for me before 1 arrived.

I actually ended up with 2 from those split T1 bounties, so I reckon thats the go. Now to get a strength one and akhans for my sader!

On a slightly different note, I managed to rack up 3 Million lifetime kills last night. Why no achievement for that?
Reply Quote
I joined Nick and Azza on the later part of their runs, but unfortunately their goodluck that night did not rub on me. Oh well, just gonna keep grinding at it for 30-60mins each night until I get one.
Reply Quote
View profile
Just got me first RoRG and it's about bloody time too.
Well it's not a great roll and can't roll get trifecta on it, but just having a RoRG is good enough.

Been trying out all different build sets using the RoRG and see what's the best combination.

3 of Tal Rasha and 2 of Vyr's is ok but still trying to get Vry's pants and boots.
I thought I got Vyr's boots the other day but it was bloody Blackthorne's Boots...damn it.
So now I have practically all of Blackthorne's except pants.

Also I Finally found Cindercoat and trying it out now and seeing how much Fire build I can get when combining with Firebirds set.
But I'm practically weaker if I combine all fire build gear LOL..but the amount of fire damage per second is almost crazy if I was play on T1 and so far I'm playing of T3 and it still seems to do a lot of damage even though my sheet dps is very low.
80% increase to fire skills is quite insane even with low damage.
But I'm only trying it out as I want to go back to Vyr's set and combine it with Tal Rasha and maybe firebirds if I find Firebird's shoulders.
I do like the rise from the ashes 4 set bonus ability from the Firebirds set.

Might start hunting for another RoRG and then still keep hunting for the rest of Vyr's set.
Reply Quote
Ew that's some pretty nasty RNG.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]