Diablo® III

[Feedback] Game in General! Features, items, ect...

Hello, I play 100% Hardcore mode. When I first read about all of RoS features, the two things I was most excited about was:

[1.] Adventure Mode. The possibilities of what you can create in the meta game is endless. (Unfortunately it isn't there yet.)

-With that said, after playing Diablo III: RoS since launch, I will say that the current content is a bit too repetitive and sometimes tedious. For example of tedium, Act 1 bounties being the only thing worth the "specific items" so the other Acts for the most part are neglected.

-Adventure mode outside of rifts and bounties feels like it's missing a lot of content. The only thing in adventure mode right now in the pure essence of the open world, is the infernal machine event. I am very happy they are gonna take another look at this event because we desperately need more content like this outside of rifts/bounties. I really hope the new stuff for the infernal event involves making it useful after you get your ring and amulet. Maybe adding bonus XP/gold/drops.... Remember, you need to farm a key set, so it's not exploitable beyond a 4-player group.

-I feel bounties are tedious in general. Rifting, while repetitive, involves smashing tons of monsters. Bounties on the other hand, I feel a lot of the quests has us running around too much and with run speed so slow, it just feels sluggish. I been suggesting for a long time to increase base movement speed by about 10-20%, would make the game feel a lot more fluent and not sluggish.

[2.] Endless Paragon Levels

-The grind in this game is actually very boring until you find your "builds" item set. For example, playing my crusader was mind-numbing until I got the 1H-Flail and Shield to endlessly throw blessed shield. My barbarian was boring until I got endless Call of the Ancients.... And so on.... I feel the new legendary affix system showed this games true colors in that it needed big change. The combat system is very fun but without a lot of cool things to work for it just isn't there.

-I feel endless paragon is the perfect system to compliment a very good item system. You get the feel that you are always working for something, item or paragon points. The problem is that right now, there feels to be two tiers of gear.

Tier 1: Rares/Basic Legendaries (Boring to do repetitive tasks)

Tier 2: Unique Affix Legendaries / Game Changers (Fun to do repetitive tasks)

I feel there could be more both in between tier 1 and 2 because the time it takes to get your game changing set is too long to justify repetitive gameplay and also a new tier 3, with ultra rare but powerful items, preferably that are different than our normal set of items, possibly new item slots or "rune crafting" our current gear, something to not ruin the cool unique affix legendaries but to add another layer of depth to the item hunt. Here is what I suggest:

[A.] Revamped follower system. Change there item system entirely so there is a new item hunt for both your hero and all three followers. Have all of there items effect your hero in some way, obviously nothing major but also not too weak. Give them 4-6 item slots, each being "follower specific" items. Since these items don't need graphical implementation, it won't be that hard to create. These new items grant our heroes passives, stats, procs, auras, ect... Stuff to compliment our endless slaying. Followers could be a tactical choice in multiplayer games.

Example item stats:

-Chance on hit to reset the cooldown of your followers abilities.
-Your scoundrel searches for extra treasure whenever you open a chest.
-Your templar grants you bonus items when you open a corpses body. (Honor the dead theme)
-Your enchantress grants your attacks a chance to stun treasure goblins.

[B.] Something beyond a full set of "game changing" legendaries.

Once you get your fullset of game changing items that make you a beast, there needs to be an extra layer to work for. Something outside of endless paragon levels and something different from our current item system. A unique system that goes outside the box. Like a rune system but not like Diablo II. Maybe our heroes can get a new item, something to do with nephalem, and we can level up this item to unlock "rune slots"... Runes are ULTRA rare items that grant our heroes passives and random effects. This is just an example of what I'm talking about, could be anything, just something to do after we are fully geared and outside of paragon. Ask yourself, what do we do? What do we work for? We need an ultra rare system past sets/legendaries.... A new item slot or new rune system or something..... Think high runes in D2 (with there rarity) and how much everyone wanted them and then create a unique system in D3 that is it's own system that adds that same level of "I am decked out in gear but I want these high end ultra rare items." And the reason we need this is like I said above, the gap between Tier 1 and Tier 2 is boring. Don't bank on only unique affix legendaries, add another layer past it. Something to really sink our teeth into.

Sorry for the wall of text! I hope someone out there reads it all and sees what I am saying. Thank you!
Edited by Raserei#1287 on 6/17/2014 8:16 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Anyone read this? =-D
Reply Quote
06/17/2014 08:10 AMPosted by Raserei
Followers could be a tactical choice in multiplayer games.

The game is too slow in 4 player games with NO followers ... what would be your solution on followers being included? if they perfected this why wouldn't they make it 8 player for multiplayer?

way toooooooo long. hint: no one is going to read this except us old geezers (like me).
Edited by dogma420#1774 on 6/17/2014 10:22 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Community Manager
06/17/2014 10:13 AMPosted by Raserei
Anyone read this?

I read your feedback summary, and I'm glad you took the time to write it out. You did a good job of making a lot of information very easy to absorb. Personally, I particularly like the direction follower item ideas are going in. As a caveat I should mention that just because I like an idea doesn't mean it will be implemented, though. I've added some of your feedback to my notes for our next meeting, and thanks again for sharing them with us!
Reply Quote
The other thing that would be nice about having some more follower-specific item slots is that those slots wouldn't have to be difficult to fill for off-main-stat followers under Smart Loot, which would be a boon to those who don't have or want max-level characters of all 3 main stats.
Reply Quote
View profile
06/17/2014 10:21 AMPosted by dogma420
The game is too slow in 4 player games with NO followers ... what would be your solution on followers being included? if they perfected this why wouldn't they make it 8 player for multiplayer?

way toooooooo long. hint: no one is going to read this except us old geezers (like me).

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/artisan/blacksmith/recipe/ashearas-custodian
Reply Quote
View profile
Personally, I've grown quite tired of the players engaging in mental gymnastics with these ideas. If it's not coming from the devs, I won't read it.
Edited by BurningRope#1322 on 6/17/2014 11:15 AM PDT
Reply Quote
06/17/2014 08:10 AMPosted by Raserei
Something beyond a full set of "game changing" legendaries.

Whether hardcore or regular play, I cannot agree more with OP on this idea. Hopefully this is the direction D3 Developers are heading with the next patches and expansion. Essentially, provide a complimentary (not a replacement or alternative) game-play objective beyond just legendary/set finds.

Another idea for this could be random-drop Act specific artifacts that when put together guide the player to a 'hidden' entrance in each given act where unique vendors offer high-gold/shard-cost character enhancements - with say three possible per character. Character enhancements could be passive (i.e. +10% max run speed) or active (5 sec of invisibility) or access to cross-character spells (hunters get WD fire-dogs, Wizard gets Gargantuan, etc.)

In short - open up new avenues for players to tweak their existing skills beyond just drops.
---
Personally, I've grown quite tired of the players engaging in mental gymnastics with these ideas. If it's not coming from the devs, I won't read it.

I generally agree with you, Rope, as many posters do not present their ideas clearly or even think out their ideas (instead we get emotional outbursts or trolling); however, I think posts like the OP are worth the read - constructive, well thought out ideas. The more we forum readers can promote good, well explained ideas the better our D3 game will be.
Reply Quote
View profile

[B.] Something beyond a full set of "game changing" legendaries.

Once you get your fullset of game changing items that make you a beast, there needs to be an extra layer to work for. Something outside of endless paragon levels and something different from our current item system. A unique system that goes outside the box. Like a rune system but not like Diablo II. Maybe our heroes can get a new item, something to do with nephalem, and we can level up this item to unlock "rune slots"... Runes are ULTRA rare items that grant our heroes passives and random effects. This is just an example of what I'm talking about, could be anything, just something to do after we are fully geared and outside of paragon. Ask yourself, what do we do? What do we work for? We need an ultra rare system past sets/legendaries.... A new item slot or new rune system or something..... Think high runes in D2 (with there rarity) and how much everyone wanted them and then create a unique system in D3 that is it's own system that adds that same level of "I am decked out in gear but I want these high end ultra rare items." And the reason we need this is like I said above, the gap between Tier 1 and Tier 2 is boring. Don't bank on only unique affix legendaries, add another layer past it. Something to really sink our teeth into.

Sorry for the wall of text! I hope someone out there reads it all and sees what I am saying. Thank you!

How about a system where a set of runes that, with the right combination of which, could be combined to unlock additional runes for your skills? Or instead allow certain skills to effectively use two runes at once. The rarity of which justify a long end game search for more runes to unlock more effects, or double the effectiveness of some skills.
Reply Quote
can we just get rid of "followers" and go back to mercenaries?
Reply Quote
Mm, interesting point, I'm glad Grimiku is going to bring this up to the next meeting.

06/17/2014 10:46 AMPosted by Grimiku
Anyone read this?

I read your feedback summary, and I'm glad you took the time to write it out. You did a good job of making a lot of information very easy to absorb. Personally, I particularly like the direction follower item ideas are going in. As a caveat I should mention that just because I like an idea doesn't mean it will be implemented, though. I've added some of your feedback to my notes for our next meeting, and thanks again for sharing them with us!
Reply Quote
Is this post #2356743232 on the lack of content, repetition, lacking legs, so on and so forth of this game?

The things that made D2 are probably not really understandable as to why it worked. It was a fluke most likely but it worked.

D3 devs. have done their best to remove any kind of the social structure of this game. No custom game creation, no horsing around blowing eachother up for the sake of an ear. No "free" games to dump beginner gear.

Fast forward into the year year 2014 and with the way technology has developed the game has a wide open gaping void of anything that would keep people interacting with eachother. Add on top of it the mind numbing repetition and I can go 5 rifts in a row without typing a sentence to anyone.

blah, the Devs only want it to be a console arcade game, not the game the true fans desperately want.
Reply Quote
06/17/2014 10:46 AMPosted by Grimiku
Anyone read this?

Dunno, if you are going to check back on this thread, but I would recommend removing the disconnect timer. It only punishes hardcore players by killing them. There is no penalty for death in SC, so really, what is the point?

I realize that players can exploit it by ALT F4ing, but keep in mind, you can create more challenging content by doing this. I'd also recommend making TP instant cast, because you should be able to go back on a decision.

One of my biggest gripes about the enrage timer system in the early days was because of hardcore characters. There is absolutely no way to know if you can kill a boss without trying, but if you try and can't hack it, oh well, you'll enrage and die.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]