Diablo® III

2.1 FIRST LOOK DEX= 1 ARMOR

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/14244559
Reply Quote
View profile
Well, if they had kept the old dex formula, monks and DHs would have more or less 100% dodge now, which kind of works too, lol.
Reply Quote
View profile
I never thought they would touch dexterity; I'm surprised.
Reply Quote
Ahhhh, I missed that! Very nice.
Reply Quote
Finally!!!!

Dodge is fixed! I.E. - good bye dodge, hello armor.
Reply Quote
= 300-500 armor on items is useless for monk/dh ?
Edited by Wichtelman#2324 on 6/17/2014 11:59 AM PDT
Reply Quote
took them a year and a half to realize that the original design of dodge was a horrible under thought , under-tested, and under-performing stat.

Still I am happy for this change as honestly Monk as a melee character was simply was not able to go toe to toe with packs
Edited by Vocare#1717 on 6/17/2014 11:33 AM PDT
Reply Quote
I am actually kind of meh they took the easy way out. No difference in STR vs DEX.

I'd rather they had made it so dex provided 50/50 armour and all resist, on same basis as STR and INT. Would be so much better, since monk's finally could get rid of OWE.

Anyways, it is good they finally did something about it, and I can settle for armour only.
Reply Quote
Awesome!! More buff to DHs :)
Reply Quote
Blizzard Employee
Yep, it should make things very interesting. I'm excited to read all of your feedback once some of you have had a chance to play around in the 2.1 PTR environment. PTR is just around the corner, and I hope to see a bunch of you there!
Reply Quote
06/17/2014 11:44 AMPosted by Grimiku
Yep, it should make things very interesting. I'm excited to read all of your feedback once some of you have had a chance to play around in the 2.1 PTR environment. PTR is just around the corner, and I hope to see a bunch of you there!

Kind of a lazy fix though, no? No other classes can take advantage of the DEX except Monks and DH's
Reply Quote

By corner you mean next Tuesday, right? :-)
Reply Quote
Gives me hope that they'll re-visit 2h weapons too.
Reply Quote
Was really hoping they would go with the glancing blow suggestions where if you miss a dodge you have a chance to take 50% damage with a glancing blow.
Reply Quote

Hey, Grim, why not change DEX to be .5 armor and .5 all res? That way an average geared monk (7k DEX) would have 3.5k base armor and 350 base all res, instead of 7k armor.
Reply Quote
06/17/2014 11:51 AMPosted by Understray

Hey, Grim, why not change DEX to be .5 armor and .5 all res? That way an average geared monk (7k DEX) would have 3.5k base armor and 350 base all res, instead of 7k armor.

that be way over kill, consider monk can have one with everything. right now my puller with every piece of gear stacking poison already at 2k all resist. I mean if they change it that way, monk will have more resist then that of intel base, while getting decent armor that would be game breaking
Reply Quote
06/17/2014 11:51 AMPosted by Understray

this. or .5 armor and .25 resist idk

it just seems bland that dex gives the same amount of armor as str does
Reply Quote
Thanks for the link, this is good news :-)
Reply Quote
I'm going to agree with what everyone else has already said and say this is a pretty good change, but unfortunately makes things too bland, so Dex giving both armour and all-res would be a more elegant solution.

I was thinking a 40/40 ratio in order to offset the benefit of having both scale equally, so that 10,000 dex would grant 4000 armour and 400 all resist. I'm sure even a 30/30 ratio would be better than Dodge the way it is now.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]