So let me get this new math right pt2

Gear = 1000 AR, 800 Lit Resist
With OWE = 1000 + 800 = 1800 AR
With Harmony
= 1000 + 800*.3 = 1240 AR
= 1000 AR + 800 LR = 1800 Lightning Resist

This is correct.
Reply Quote
So let's say we have AR on shoulders/pants/boots/belt and one more piece. We can have then single resist on 6 pieces, on average it will be ~150. If we do get single resist on every piece(from this 6) then we get from passive ~270 AR.
Meh. But dex=armor so I am happy anyway!
Reply Quote
Based on the above, this means that previously, having 150 in all secondary resist slots (11 slots total) could give you potentially a total of 1650 all resist with the use of one passive.

Under the new system, assuming you evenly distribute your resists to have 2 in each resist type (1 in the final resist), you get an average resist of 678.

1650 resist all to 678 is a huge hit to survivability.

Mathwise, these are the resist benefits you would get from a single gear slot:
Primary (AR): up to 100, or 600 resists in total over 6 resist types.
Secondary (single resist + harmony): 160 in one, 48 all others, or 400 total.
Edited by Yth#2562 on 6/17/2014 12:11 PM PDT
Reply Quote
In fact, thinking about this. All of my gear on all 3 of my monks are completely BUILT around OWE. Almost nothing has all resist on it. My resists are gonna be cut by 2/3 coming patch 2.1.

Am I going to have to completely trash all my old re-rolled gear?!
Reply Quote
06/17/2014 12:06 PMPosted by Fei
In fact, thinking about this. All of my gear on all 3 of my monks are completely BUILT around OWE. Almost nothing has all resist on it. My resists are gonna be cut by 2/3 coming patch 2.1.

Am I going to have to completely trash all my old re-rolled gear?!

That's completely what I'm thinking. I put all resists in secondary category and currently almost have no AR on primary. Which means I have to farm new gear from scratch
Reply Quote
Are all-resist and single-resist still mutually exclusive?

This change is going to kill most of my current gear, along with a lot of gear of other players. We all expected OWE to be nerfed in some fashion, but you previously didn't want to change it in a way to invalidate Monk's current gear... which 30% actually will.

If they are no longer mutually exclusive, it will make re-gearing the Monk to an acceptable level a little easier (especially considering that, with the current numbers, a max AR roll plus a max single resist roll on a single piece of gear will still give less all-resist than a max single resist roll does with the current passive).

Ex. Piece of gear with 160 lightning resist - grants 160 all resist with old OWE.

Same piece of gear, now rerolled to have 100 all resist. Grants 148 all resist with new Harmony, plus 260 of a single resist. (160 * .3 = 48 AR).
Reply Quote
06/17/2014 12:02 PMPosted by Lemon
Any changes on mantra of evasion since dodge are getting useless at some point?

It will now be changed to "Manta of Never Going To Fix 2handed Weapons" in fact dont be surprised when the patch goes live that mantra of evasion remains the same....
Edited by Gadra#1664 on 6/17/2014 12:09 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Sorry but losing a huge chunk of dodge and 2/3 of my resist for 9k armor is NOT worth it.
Reply Quote
No!!! Please do not change this. Or add Harmony as an additional option.
Reply Quote
With this change, I hope you won't forget to change the way All Resist and Secondary Resist are actually excludable to the other.
Reply Quote
06/17/2014 12:08 PMPosted by Gadra
06/17/2014 12:02 PMPosted by Lemon
Any changes on mantra of evasion since dodge are getting useless at some point?

It will now be changed to "Manta of Never Going To Fix 2handed Weapons" in fact dont be surprised when the patch goes live that mantra of evasion remains the same....

greatly looking forward to it :D
Reply Quote
So the best way to use Harmony will be, in fact, to get as much different Resists as possible, at least one of each kind, I'd say
In the future, getting the same resist for every slot will be suboptimal, but I think the transition could work, since the ancien gear do keep some of its relevance. Crafting will surely be a life saver, though. Stack those Dusts! We'll need those more than ever!
Reply Quote
I dont even see how people would use harmony, since Allres and Single res cant roll on the same item. I'll be trying to get all res on my gear, no single resists for only 30% of the AR.

Makes no sense might as well just trash OWE and get a new passive that gives a % increase to all AR.
Reply Quote
Not crazy about this, seems like too big of a nerf to our resist in addition to a nerf to an already crappy dodge. What about giving us a partial boost to armor from our dex and maybe a partial boost to dodge? Or making dodge more dependable?

Unless the armor boost helps absorb the big hit we're gonna take from this, I'm not 100% sold on this idea.

Looking forward to finding out on the PTR i guess.
Reply Quote
So..

Seize the Initiative: 30% Dex to Armor > 100% Dex to Armor

One with Everything: 100% Highest Resist as Resist All > 30% Single Resist to Resist All

I don't think I'll see my monk's survivability getting any improvements.

Also despite OWE being "too good", monk's survivability is still lower than ranged classes as they hardly take any damage due to being ranged.
Edited by neekless#6376 on 6/17/2014 12:17 PM PDT
Reply Quote
06/17/2014 12:14 PMPosted by DrSweetass
Not crazy about this, seems like too big of a nerf to our resist in addition to a nerf to an already crappy dodge. What about giving us a partial boost to armor from our dex and maybe a partial boost to dodge? Or making dodge more dependable?

Unless the armor boost helps absorb the big hit we're gonna take from this, I'm not 100% sold on this idea.

Looking forward to finding out on the PTR i guess.

Wat?

Have you never played Barb or Crusader? Armor is substantially better than dodge in every way. How is that a nerf?
Reply Quote
I don't think this is a good change at all, the 30% number is too low - I don't think a lot of people will use this if it's only going to be 30% - 50% would feel better in my opinion. My monk would actually end up with less survivability than he currently has with this change (including the change to STI and Dex).
Edited by Midway#2356 on 6/17/2014 12:18 PM PDT
Reply Quote
I think 30% is too low, tbh. Should be 50-75% or we're going to lose what seems to be a fairly significant amount of AR.

Of course, won't be able to test until the PTR but... yeah.
Reply Quote
06/17/2014 11:56 AMPosted by Nevalistis
Harmony will apply 30% of a single resist to all other resistances aside from the element it normally provides (meaning it doesn't double-dip on itself). Here's a math-y example in hopes this provides a clearer picture:

I acquire a piece of gear with 100 Fire Resist. From that gear, I'm gaining 100 Fire Resist and 30 Resistance to all others.

Sounds like a good compromise.
But...
If stats remain the same as now...
If I have 150 fire res from an item, I get 50 allres, half of what the allres give but also 150 fire res, 50% more than top allres of 100.
150/5 is 30. So if I have a balanced resistance plethora, I will average 80 allres for each item, 20% lower than with the allres stat.
Seems to me as a whole lot better than allres, because I can pick a different primary, and puts me in the position of trying to get different resistances instead of a single one.

Nevertheless, it looks better than how OwE is now and it does benefit from any resistance, alleviating the pressure of getting that sole res or bust.
Then again, I don't know how the other passives will look like and I don't know how item contruction will be.
I always thought it was bad that defensive stats share slots with offensive ones.
Feels a bit doomed to always be the inferior choice to pick a defensive stat.
Edited by Bombus#2506 on 6/17/2014 12:24 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]