Diablo® III

2.1 Dex = ARMOR!!!

Yes! This is so great, I have no words at this time. Just thought I'd share!

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/14244559/first-look-patch-210-6-17-2014
Reply Quote
Yowza. That is definitely a welcome change. Makes Diamonds -> Emeralds a bit easier to do as a DH.
Reply Quote
We are addressing this issue in two ways. First, both Monks and Demon Hunters will no longer receive Dodge from Dexterity. Instead, they will receive Armor, similar to Barbarians and Crusaders. For more information on this change, please refer to our Patch 2.1.0 PTR Preview blog.Second, One With Everything is being replaced with a new passive called Harmony. Harmony allows 30% of your single elemental resistances from items to apply to all elements.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/13182188100#new-post
Edited by Luffy#1946 on 6/17/2014 12:19 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Community Manager
It's definitely going to change up a lot of things for Hardcore players, and it should be pretty exciting to see how it goes. Hope to see you all on the PTR!
Reply Quote
06/17/2014 12:21 PMPosted by Grimiku
It's definitely going to change up a lot of things for Hardcore players, and it should be pretty exciting to see how it goes. Hope to see you all on the PTR!

Grim, ask the devs how hard it would have been just to have dodge effect EVERYTHING like armor does. Taking reduced damage doesn't equate to taking no damage like dodge does now.
Reply Quote
that's huge!
Reply Quote
06/17/2014 12:05 PMPosted by arndawg
Yowza. That is definitely a welcome change. Makes Diamonds -> Emeralds a bit easier to do as a DH.

Looks like I'm going to wait to play DH and Monk until 2.1 hits. Armor will help a lot, so we can focus on All Resist and more Dex!! I love it!!

Grimiku - I'll definitely be playing on the ptr to try it out, along with the changes on DH and Monk abilities.
Reply Quote
glad I dusted off my monk :D
Reply Quote
i-i can use non-diamond gems in my armor now?
Reply Quote
These changes look really cool.
Reply Quote
Doesn't this make Dex functionally identical to Strength? I understand the reasons, but it feels a bit odd to have two stats do exactly the same thing, unless I've missed something.
Reply Quote

Hope to see you, too!

But.. when? :D
Reply Quote
Why not have 1 dex = .5 armor and .05 all res? A middle ground between all res and armor?

In addition, what's going to happen to the dodge mechanic? Will every class get a flat % chance to dodge attacks? Is dodge being completely removed? If it's the latter, will active and passive skills that rely on the dodge mechanic be completely redone as well?
Reply Quote
So PTR this Friday or next week?
Reply Quote

There is going to be so many HC deaths because of greater rfits! OMG
Reply Quote

How do we get on PTR? Also when will this be live on PTR, and estimated release date for live server?

Thanks,
Reply Quote
My DH would gain ~9000 armor at my current gear. It is not bad. It just feels so monotone.
Edited by OttO#1802 on 6/17/2014 12:50 PM PDT
Reply Quote
[quote] One With Everything is being replaced with a new passive called Harmony. Harmony allows 30% of your single elemental resistances from items to apply to all elements.

Pretty huge change for any monks who stack a lot of a single res. Time to start preemptively re-gearing.
Reply Quote
Well, now that dodge has gone what about adding it as a new secondary stat?
Just sayin'...
Reply Quote
yeah I personally like being able to dodge 3/5 freeze and bombs and just use bubble on monk when I finally do get hit by one.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]