Diablo® III

Diablo 3 PTR

Is PTR dropping today? when should we expect it? the forum post about 2.1 didnt include a release date?
Reply Quote
Community Manager
06/17/2014 01:52 PMPosted by Inferno765
Is PTR dropping today?

Nope!

when should we expect it?

No date to share at this time. In fact, I'll go ahead and say right now that we won't reveal the release date ahead of time. At present, however, we are currently looking to launch the 2.1.0 PTR sometime this month (but that of course may change depending on our development schedule).

Once the PTR is available, we'll provide our standard "PTR Now Available" messaging on the front page as well as the current set of PTR patch notes.

the forum post about 2.1 didnt include a release date?

Correct! See above answer. :)
Reply Quote
dexterity should give resistance lol half of what intellegence is gained should suffice
Edited by LaraCroft#2857 on 6/17/2014 2:01 PM PDT
Reply Quote
wow. so another 2 weeks of waiting. didnt you guys say, "ptr is just around the corner"? how big are ur corners ? srsly...
Edited by karajobob#2444 on 6/17/2014 2:03 PM PDT
Reply Quote
06/17/2014 02:03 PMPosted by karajobob
wow. so another 2 weeks of waiting. didnt you guys say, "ptr is just around the corner"? how big are ur corners ? srsly...

yeah, totally disappointing news...
Reply Quote
06/17/2014 02:05 PMPosted by WalkinTall

yeah, totally disappointing news...

"Just around the corner"
"the corner"

They didn't specify WHICH corner.
Reply Quote
06/17/2014 01:59 PMPosted by Lylirra
we are currently looking to launch the 2.1.0 PTR sometime this month

would mean sometime less than 2 weeks, is their expected goal.. could be tomorrow, could be a week. could be 2. ill place my dollar and gamble on the 24th. =)
Reply Quote
Actually I believe it will drop soon but not Blizz's "Soon"

- console launch is announced on Aug 19th
- they probably want to launch console version with 2.1 patch so console players can enjoy the new content too
- they will need time to apply patches / hotfixes and make sure that new content is polished for the console launch, everything is balanced, no new bugs, exploits, no reappearing bugs/exploits etc.
- judging by RoS launch, it's patch/hotfix period lasted about 1 month
- they probably need something about that as well to fix 2.1 and fully prepare for the console launch
- so they should drop 2.1 live in around July 19th (or what are the closest Tuesdays around it)
- they will need some beta test and a mini-simulation of the season so they could balance things
Conclusion: they have to launch 2.1 PTR real quick
Reply Quote
Sometime this month could mean tomorrow for all we know and what is 2weeks gonna do anyways? Its better than having to wait another month or 2.
Reply Quote
yeah, they're actually forced to get it out as quick as possible. they should seriously hurry up lol
Reply Quote
06/17/2014 02:24 PMPosted by Crazzy
they probably want to launch console version with 2.1 patch so console players can enjoy the new content too

Console and PC are two different teams, if the regular console launch taught you anything about what's different between the two.

Plus, I doubt Seasons or Leaderboards will even touch consoles because people will just hack stuff and break them.
Reply Quote
Announce the notes and then say the PTR will launch whenever...lamesauce
Reply Quote
can we get a look of the sneak peak of the philosophy of the changes? maybe not the changes themselves but things such as the changes in the items sets mentioned from a previous patch?
Reply Quote
If it was me, I'd look to release it on the 20th or the 27th. Those are both fridays. That would give people plenty of time to test it out during the weekend. I'm sure it will be around for a few months, but even still, every bit of testing, especially early on when player interest is peaked, is very, very important.
Reply Quote
06/17/2014 01:59 PMPosted by Lylirra
Is PTR dropping today?

Nope!

when should we expect it?

No date to share at this time. In fact, I'll go ahead and say right now that we won't reveal the release date ahead of time. At present, however, we are currently looking to launch the 2.1.0 PTR sometime this month (but that of course may change depending on our development schedule).

Once the PTR is available, we'll provide our standard "PTR Now Available" messaging on the front page as well as the current set of PTR patch notes.

the forum post about 2.1 didnt include a release date?

Correct! See above answer. :)

Tommorow or next wednesday by the looks of it.
Reply Quote
View profile
It's amazing how long blizz is taking to release ladders... jesus we don't even have ptr.....

Zzzzzzz.....
Reply Quote
Thanks for the info :)
Reply Quote
Next week.
Reply Quote
How long is the PTR expected to stay active before 2.1 goes live?

3 months? 4 months?
Reply Quote

Diablo 3 branch of Blizz HQ is stationed on the great wall of china.

So, "just around the corner" is just a matter of finding said corner...
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]