Diablo® III

Less globes dropping?

Will items using heath globes (Reaper's Wraps, Razor Strop, Etc.) have changes to compensate for the new globe drop rate?

Edit: I read the blog wrong. The globe drop rete will not be changing.
Edited by oneredflag#1913 on 6/17/2014 2:49 PM PDT
Reply Quote
ya, was wondering the same thing ...
Reply Quote
I didn't think they were nerfing the amount of globes that drop, just their effectiveness. So you'd still get the same amount dropping they would just heal you for less life.

That's what I got from it anyways.

EDIT:
To facilitate this, we are reducing the amount of healing Health Globes provide , but buffing Life on Hit and Life Regeneration on gear to compensate.
Edited by Wick220#1319 on 6/17/2014 12:57 PM PDT
Reply Quote
06/17/2014 12:55 PMPosted by Wick220
I didn't think they were nerfing the amount of globes that drop, just their effectiveness. So you'd still get the same amount dropping they would just heal you for less life.

EDIT: [quote]To facilitate this, we are reducing the amount of healing Health Globes provide , but buffing Life on Hit and Life Regeneration on gear to compensate.
[/quote

Hope you're right.
Reply Quote

EDIT: [quote]To facilitate this, we are reducing the amount of healing Health Globes provide , but buffing Life on Hit and Life Regeneration on gear to compensate.

Ah, thanks, I misread it.
Reply Quote
There are several skills and legendary items that proc from health globes.

If Blizz reduces the number of health globes that dropped, they would effectively nerf those items and skills. I don't see them doing that, especially after going back and reading the patch preview again.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't Blizzard increase the number (and healing) of health globes in 2.0 to reduce the dependency on health potions?
Reply Quote
well if they only nerf the amount of healing from health globes it is not such a big deal. I usually have more health globes lying around than I need for healing, so we will see how it pans out. I mostly need them for my reapers wraps.
Reply Quote
Community Manager

This is correct. The number of Health Globes that drop isn't changing, which should reduce the impact for items or skills that proc off of collecting them.
Reply Quote
View profile
I wonder if items that have +x to health globes will be nerfed?
Reply Quote
06/17/2014 01:22 PMPosted by WeaponWorld
I wonder if items that have +x to health globes will be nerfed?

I doubt it.
Reply Quote

This is correct. The number of Health Globes that drop isn't changing, which shouldn't reduce the impact for items or skills that proc off of collecting them.

Fixed.
Reply Quote
06/17/2014 01:22 PMPosted by Nevalistis

This is correct. The number of Health Globes that drop isn't changing, which should reduce the impact for items or skills that proc off of collecting them.

Thanks for the reply. The note in the blog is clear, I just misread it.
Reply Quote
well, I guess players with bis items already would be force to get new gear n rerolls. godly items with good rolls n good 2ndary rolls just became non bis.

gg for forcing healing as a main stat in your extremely limiting 4/2 system.

BG.
Reply Quote
One of my biggest concerns with the upcoming change to the amount of health globe healing on items is the nerf to passives like Wrathful (Crusader) and Bloodthirst (Barbarian) that are augmented by this stat...
Reply Quote
<span class="truncated">...</span>

This is correct. The number of Health Globes that drop isn't changing, which shouldn't reduce the impact for items or skills that proc off of collecting them.

Fixed.

Broken. She meant "which should reduce the impact of the upcoming change on items or skills that proc off collecting them." It was correct as written. It did throw me at first glance, though, too.
The change actually shouldn't have any effect on those skills and items, because just as many globes will drop, so they will proc just as much.
Edited by bdunkle#1803 on 6/17/2014 1:50 PM PDT
Reply Quote
View profile
Well, If they are buffing LOH and then when you think about it there is plenty of gear that gives a pretty big bonus to health globes already i say it will all be good in the end.
Reply Quote

You mean shouldn't. :p
Reply Quote
06/17/2014 03:33 PMPosted by Darkness

You mean shouldn't. :p

Read it again. Should was the right word here, not shouldn't
Reply Quote
damn i like health globes too :(

i dont want to put lph or regen on my items :|
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]