Diablo® III

2.1 PTR Download Go!

MVP - Diablo III
View profile
Hey All,

For anyone not in the ingame ANZ community(why won't you love me!) thought I'd also post here.

The 2.1 PTR download is now active, it's big about 11gig and the server isn't live yet, but if you'd like to try out 2,1 then get downloading!

With the PTR download going live the server shouldn't be far behind and patch notes shouldn't be to far away as well. :)

Update:

How to for those who don't know: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/14569137/patch-210-ptr-now-available-6-25-2014

We have patch notes! http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/14569138/
Edited by Narull#6634 on 6/25/2014 3:09 PM PDT
Reply Quote
MVP - Diablo III
View profile
Oh god look at those DH buffs! /dance

(sorry other classes haven't read your notes yet)
Yay more stash space.

might have to start playing more on my monk again and maybe the DH

all those increased damages ...... Droooooooollll......
Reply Quote
Community Manager
You guys are quick! Hope you enjoy the changes. It's a good time remind everyone that the test realm hardware is located in the US, so players from ANZ can expect higher latency compared to our local servers once the PTR server is back online.
Edited by Arcagnion on 6/25/2014 4:14 PM PDT
Reply Quote
But massive nerf to wiz on AP costs on secondary skills though.

Ray of Frost, Arcane Torrent and Disintegrate going from 16 AP to 30 AP that's a massive nerf.
Talk about draining you AP to zero just after a few attacks.

But so far the skills I'm currently using aren't affect at all...which is probably a good thing but I feel AP on critical should be increased.
I don't want to be out of AP every second and then sitting waiting for my resource to recharge because spending costs are up.

Firebirds (6) set bonus has changed from 300% to 2000% weapon damage over 5 seconds which I think is an improvement but not all that great.

Interesting to see DH shadow's mantle (4) set bonus get unlimited shadow power.

Ramalandi's Gift - adds maximum allowed socket to an item.
But is the item STILL 4/2 or will it be reduced to 3/2 with added sockets...that's what I like to know?Since I found Vry's chest with no sockets and wondering if I gain 3 socket and not lose any one of the 4 properties on primary...if you know what I mean.
If it adds 3 socket and not change a thing then that means we can have 4 primary and 3 sockets like Tal Rasha's chest.
Which can make Firebirds and Vyr's chest quite good if you found without sockets.

Also I do you have to find Firebirds sets again to get the changes because I'm thinking I will still have the old Firebirds gear.
Reply Quote
11GB!! Does this mean that 2.1 live will also be a 11GB file to download?
Reply Quote
06/25/2014 03:04 PMPosted by Narull
For anyone not in the ingame ANZ community(why won't you love me!) thought I'd also post here.

simply no auto join @ login... that's all... community love still there
Reply Quote
MVP - Diablo III
View profile
06/25/2014 06:40 PMPosted by NickBaldyM
06/25/2014 03:04 PMPosted by Narull

simply no auto join @ login... that's all... community love still there

Actually in the last patch they added auto join, all you have to do is join once sometime and from now on it will auto join. ;)

06/25/2014 05:45 PMPosted by jtcdgroup

It's very possible, this is a major content patch after all, but it's also possible it will be smaller....or even bigger.

I wish Blizz could workout some deals with local providers for mirroring patches quota free, burning through it like nothing these days! (although not purely blizzards fault there *innocent whistle*)

Here's hoping it will download gradually via the desktop app as ROS did.
Reply Quote

PTRs are this large because they're standalone clients that use their own servers. The patch itself should be much smaller.

First impressions on the patch notes so far (not on things already announced):

- Skill changes appear to be mostly about buffing the unpopular skills.

- Ramalandi's Gift - while it's about damn time they implement some form of proper socketing, it should have been there from the start.

- They alluded to the notion that they want to change how everyone uses emerald gems in weapons. There's nothing about that...yet.

- Still no fix for two-handers. How sad.

- Initial mana costs for wizard channeling spells is unnecessary.

- Checked over on diablofans.com and the stuff they documented like the treasure realm and a new gem artisan made for far better reading.
Edited by Hypersonic#1142 on 6/25/2014 11:03 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Wow what is blizz thinking with wizard ap nerfs??? They need the most love... come 2.1 wizards will be even more useless then they are now. Dh & Monk needed some buffs but they have gone overboard exploding palm buff really? rofl no idea! Sader needs more versatility also. Overall poor patch notes
Edited by Degske#6934 on 6/26/2014 12:01 AM PDT
Reply Quote
06/25/2014 04:33 PMPosted by MaskedReaper
But massive nerf to wiz on AP costs on secondary skills though.

Ray of Frost, Arcane Torrent and Disintegrate going from 16 AP to 30 AP that's a massive nerf.
Talk about draining you AP to zero just after a few attacks.

[/quote]

Calm down the initial cost is 30 but the channeling cost is still only 16 on both skills. Also remembers all this is still subject to possible change anyway prior to the final 2.1 release. Hopefully with some constructive feed back in the Wizards forums instead of all the whinging we might get some of these small changes made better because atm its still not looking to good for the wizard class.

Hey Narull have you made a ANZ PTR clan/community group? cant find any

Cheers NeK
Reply Quote
Well my first impressions are great this is looking like a lot of new content I just hope the iron out all the bugs prior to release. Although atm there working in our favor for testing purposes ;) hahaha new Depth Diggers! yeha

Cheers NeK
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]