Diablo® III

Crafting materials for leg/set gear

So I've come back after having a bit of time away from the game and I've noticed crafting sets and legendary gear doesn't need the specific materials found in the field. Moreover, said materials are now worth a whopping 50k each. Am I to understand that those parts no longer have any other use or is it worth keeping them for some future development?
Reply Quote
They no longer have a use. Sell them and enjoy the extra gold.
Reply Quote
Community Manager
07/02/2014 07:18 PMPosted by TumblingDT
So I've come back after having a bit of time away from the game and I've noticed crafting sets and legendary gear doesn't need the specific materials found in the field. Moreover, said materials are now worth a whopping 50k each. Am I to understand that those parts no longer have any other use or is it worth keeping them for some future development?

We don't have any current plans to use the Legendary crafting materials any more. They're no longer supposed to drop, (however, there is currently a bug that allows some of them to continue to do so) so feel free to sell them to a vendor. Welcome back to Sanctuary, and have fun in your adventures!
Reply Quote
07/03/2014 02:47 PMPosted by Grimiku

We don't have any current plans to use the Legendary crafting materials any more. They're no longer supposed to drop, (however, there is currently a bug that allows some of them to continue to do so) so feel free to sell them to a vendor. Welcome back to Sanctuary, and have fun in your adventures!

Not going to lie -- I like it when they still drop, because it's a big boost to my gold reserves when I sell it.
Reply Quote

I also agree that having them still drop is a nice bonus. I think the "bug" should be just made a feature and continue to have the mats drop for the gold.
Reply Quote
Because they are already in the game- they should stay. Instead of calling them legendary crafting materials, call them 'trophies' or something, that the unique monsters drop. It gives incentive to kill them and gives back purpose to the unqiue monsters existence.
Reply Quote

Like other said, please just keep Adventurer's Journal and Griswold's Scribblings!
As a memorial of the old unique crafting mats.....
In fact, I don't mind the occasional grey that worths 50k gold. ;)
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/13272037550
Reply Quote
Im glad they drop sometimes. I started a new HC char and had 2 mats drop, that 100k came in handy.
Reply Quote
They should give goblins an item like a token worth 50-100k and leave whatever crafting mats are still dropping alone too. Reapers drops from Mal almost all the time so farming it can be done now but not worth it since you would make more gold doing bounties. Its a nice gold boost for new kills though.
Reply Quote
I think if you fix them, you should deliberately have Adventurer's Journals still drop, and up the vendor price for a fun bonus!
Reply Quote
Please, please, PLEASE leave them in the game. Without them there is no point in having unique monsters in the game. And extra 50k for killing a purple monster would give them a purpose.
Reply Quote
They should make purple have a chance to drop a bag of gold in it about 25k - 50k - 75k
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]