Diablo® III

Question About Console Support

9 Worgen Warrior
MS did away with patch fees last spring, Sabvre, I don't know about Sony though
Reply Quote
07/03/2014 10:05 AMPosted by Grimsted

Not entirely. It's only free on the first certification attempt.
Reply Quote
07/03/2014 11:24 AMPosted by Sabvre
07/03/2014 10:05 AMPosted by Grimsted

Not entirely. It's only free on the first certification attempt.

Actually it's the other way around:

The new process for Xbox 360 game certification involves Microsoft charging an initial fee to certify the game, followed by free re-certification for all future title updates. Previously Microsoft granted just one free title update per game, with all other patches including the fee; a process designed to encourage developers to polish their games to the best of their ability before submitting them for review.

Source:
http://www.neowin.net/news/report-microsoft-drops-40000-xbox-360-game-patch-fee
Reply Quote
I would really like 2.1 stuff on console! Pretty please!
Reply Quote
Yea, someone mentioned on my other thread something about petitioning to microsoft and sony to make patching easier... I agree with this, but I don't know if I'm the guy to do it. I wouldn't know how to get through to companies like them. Blizzard is much more interested in what we have to say.

I wouldn't know where to begin honestly.
Reply Quote
89 Human Death Knight
I don't know what behind the door discussions are going on between MS-Sony-Blizzard, but I think it was unfair for blizzard to not let the public know that the console version of Diablo might not be supported in the same fashion as the PC version. This is because many, myself included, had expected to get the same support for the console version as the PC version.

Why didn't they let this out during E3 or during blizzcon when they demoed and elaborated on the console version and the exclusives or perks for the said console version? Not everyone can afford to buy all the games they want--some have a tight budget and have to choose between purchasing one product over another. Hence, omitting crucial information with regards to a product--as this most certainly is--, is, at least in my opinion, highly unethical.

My PS4 is craving games and the preorder bonuses are tempting--but this news is a dealbreaker. Canceling my preorder until further information is provided.

Just my two cents...
Reply Quote
07/03/2014 01:07 PMPosted by Abingdon
Why didn't they let this out during E3 or during blizzcon when they demoed and elaborated on the console version and the exclusives or perks for the said console version?

They went with the tried and true "when you have nothing good to say, say nothing at all".
Of course they don't want to discourage people from buying their game.

I too would have liked them to be open about their patching plans from the start of course.
And I really hope they decide to support D3 UE as much as they do the pc version.
Edited by Santar#1559 on 7/3/2014 1:41 PM PDT
Reply Quote
I really hope that they continue to offer updates in the form of patches like the PC gets. I am going to buy the PS4 edition on launch day and I really hope that the day 1 patch includes 2.0.6 AND 2.1. With all of the buff/balance implementation that 2.1 will introduce not to mention greater rifts, legendary gems, and the Hellfire Amulet I think that it would be a mistake to leave the console players out. I place exclusively on PC right now but my PC isn't great so I want to jump to a platform where I can push the graphics and enjoy the game in a new way. I hope Blizzard announces their intentions soon.
Reply Quote
07/03/2014 03:14 PMPosted by LtDan
I really hope that they continue to offer updates in the form of patches like the PC gets. I am going to buy the PS4 edition on launch day and I really hope that the day 1 patch includes 2.0.6 AND 2.1. With all of the buff/balance implementation that 2.1 will introduce not to mention greater rifts, legendary gems, and the Hellfire Amulet I think that it would be a mistake to leave the console players out. I place exclusively on PC right now but my PC isn't great so I want to jump to a platform where I can push the graphics and enjoy the game in a new way. I hope Blizzard announces their intentions soon.

Buying a PS4 just for D3 is a BIG mistake and waste of money.

1 because the future support of D3 on PS4 is still unknown and for 90% will be more or less poor such as PS3....

2 upgrading or buying a PC isn't so expensive like years ago and performance durability increased too. You can buy a good gaming PC for 400 bucks nowdays, if you take right components at right cost.
Edited by StIwY#2595 on 7/3/2014 3:44 PM PDT
Reply Quote
07/03/2014 03:41 PMPosted by StIwY
07/03/2014 03:14 PMPosted by LtDan

1 because the future support of D3 on PS4 is still unknown and for 90% will be more or less poor such as PS3....

2 upgrading or buying a PC isn't so expensive like years ago and performance durability increased too. You can buy a good gaming PC for 400 bucks nowdays, if you take right components at right cost.

Pretty sure he said he was buying the PS4 version on the 19th .. not the console. Also, PC gaming is NOT cheap. 400 would barely get you an integrated GPU. Please do not lie.
Reply Quote
400 bucks for a good gaming PC is a wet dream lol. Thanks for the free laugh!
Reply Quote
for 900 u might get a decent pc. 2k for a gaming laptop ^_^

Edit : and that's low end. minimum really... 1300 could happen for a bare bones gaming laptop possibly..
Edited by Branch77x7#1687 on 7/3/2014 8:06 PM PDT
Reply Quote
9 Worgen Warrior
No kidding. I paid $700 for mine and you might consider it midrange, though I did buy it more for school than gaming.
Reply Quote
Cinema blend did an article on this topic including quotes from Grimiku.
Just google news diablo 3. First thing up there.
Reply Quote
Finland price PS3 200 euros
PS4 440 euros
PC minimum of 600-700 if you want to run games like WoW or Diablo but of course its more if you want to play propely.
And since me and gf are both gamers that meant we needed two new pcs to continue with WoW but giving 2k euros to buy new stuff is abit stupid so went to buy ps3 and never regret anything.Its much better to play on sofa and on big screen,and its cheaper...For PC i would need to buy 2 D3 2 RoS wich would be over 160 euros.Instead 40 to get the UEE.And buying one game once and dont need to worry about buying another one just so your partner could play with you.
Edited by irenja#2375 on 7/4/2014 1:37 AM PDT
Reply Quote
07/04/2014 01:32 AMPosted by irenja
Finland price PS3 200 euros
PS4 440 euros
PC minimum of 600-700 if you want to run games like WoW or Diablo but of course its more if you want to play propely.
And since me and gf are both gamers that meant we needed two new pcs to continue with WoW but giving 2k euros to buy new stuff is abit stupid so went to buy ps3 and never regret anything.Its much better to play on sofa and on big screen,and its cheaper...For PC i would need to buy 2 D3 2 RoS wich would be over 160 euros.Instead 40 to get the UEE.And buying one game once and dont need to worry about buying another one just so your partner could play with you.

This yes.This makes it for me more important, as having the latest updates like the pc.
Just playing the game on the sofa with friends. Fantastic. 1 copy for 4 people.
Reply Quote
07/03/2014 11:40 PMPosted by Branch77x7
Cinema blend did an article on this topic including quotes from Grimiku.
Just google news diablo 3. First thing up there.

Thank goodness you've written the name of the site, because it's not the "first thing up there" for me ;) i guess you're talking about this? http://www.cinemablend.com/games/Diablo-3-PS4-Xbox-One-Might-Get-Patches-65065.html
Reply Quote
07/03/2014 04:48 PMPosted by TozziFan
400 bucks for a good gaming PC is a wet dream lol. Thanks for the free laugh!

<span class="truncated">...</span>

Pretty sure he said he was buying the PS4 version on the 19th .. not the console. Also, PC gaming is NOT cheap. 400 would barely get you an integrated GPU. Please do not lie.

It is possible in my country (EU).
PSU: 30
CPU - AMD 8320 - 117
Mobo: Asrock AM3+ 35
RAM: 4Gb DDr3 1600mhz - 33
GPU: AMD Radeon R 280 170
HDD: 500Gb - 35
A generic case: 20

Total: 430.

A MORE than enough PC for D3 and 90% of the games at 1080p on maximum details
Edited by StIwY#2595 on 7/4/2014 5:40 AM PDT
Reply Quote
07/04/2014 02:49 AMPosted by StIwY

It is possible in my country (EU).
PSU: 30
CPU - AMD 8320 - 117
Mobo: Asrock AM3+ 35
RAM: 4Gb DDr3 1600mhz - 33
GPU: AMD Radeon R 280 170
HDD: 500Gb - 35
A generic case: 20

Total: 430.

A MORE than enough PC for D3 and 90% of the games at 1080p on maximum details

Should I assume you are a pirate then? Where is your operating system?

Also, 8GB of ram is a necessity these days. I personally wouldn't run less than 16. I'm also betting you were looking at 4x1GB.

That's also kinda a crappy motherboard. You really should go with an Asus to get SATA6, Bluetooth, USB 3, etc.

A minimum of a hybrid drive is standard too.
Edited by Sabvre#1434 on 7/4/2014 6:50 AM PDT
Reply Quote
You can't even play L.A. Noire at maximum details with that rig, StlwY.

Inb4thatgameispartoftheothertenpercent.
Edited by TozziFan#1943 on 7/4/2014 6:57 AM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]