Diablo® III

Console has bind on account removed

93 Tauren Shaman
This thread is... amazing...
Reply Quote
So much for hoping that Blizzard will take modding/hacked items seriously... Ugh, whatever...
Reply Quote
I don't cheat my gear & do want to be able to trade with friends. On the flip side of that coin, there will be tons of hacked/duped items. I wish there was a way I could play diablo on console without having to seek out players who don't cheat.......With blizz saying they don't know if they will support console with patch support or not & the reality that there will be tons of cheaters........I think it might be time to just let diablo die :(
Reply Quote
89 Human Death Knight
Lol...
Edited by P4X0R10N#1934 on 7/8/2014 6:39 PM PDT
Reply Quote
That's disappointing to me if true.
Reply Quote
07/08/2014 05:01 PMPosted by Azazel
I don't cheat my gear & do want to be able to trade with friends. On the flip side of that coin, there will be tons of hacked/duped items. I wish there was a way I could play diablo on console without having to seek out players who don't cheat.......With blizz saying they don't know if they will support console with patch support or not & the reality that there will be tons of cheaters........I think it might be time to just let diablo die :(

The problem is...ok you don't cheat. But can i be 100% sure ? I'm not talking about you, but in general, maybe i say "i'm legit player", then half of my build is modded just a little to avoid any suspect or whatever.....This is sad...how we can trust 100% of "legit" players with those ashamed situation on console ?
Reply Quote
Really enjoyed the read, i just wonder why people who don't care about the console version and think their PC's are so elite even bother trolling the forums with their dumb comments.
Reply Quote
07/08/2014 04:24 AMPosted by DeadRu
07/08/2014 04:17 AMPosted by Xogroroth
Let me rephrase:
With things as EULA and TOU in mind, the console version should be free of things like modding, altering, etc. the game in whatever form.
How come, that with the console versions, this does not apply?
And why is it a bannable offense in PC version, though, both are basically the very same game?

I cannot surely be the only one asking this question, now can it?

for starters sony an MS manage those games on the console, not Blizzard.

Do you even play on a console?

Ms and Sony don't "manage" the game anymore than you or I do when it sits on the shelf or in the console.

It's blizzard's tos, however and they don't have complete access to the platform like on PC. On PC they are free to program the software to work in the specific ways they want it to. To make sure you can't dupe items. On console they don't control the platform, and it's the OSs of the ps3/4, 360/x1 that allow for items to be duped and hacked. The OS must network through PSN / LIVE to do any game tasks, and PSN / LIVE are not about to impose 24/7 connectivity for gaming on their customers. So Blizz can't do server checks for gear.

Liability of duped items falls on PSN /LIVE platforms.
Edited by Brogetoku#1210 on 7/11/2014 2:06 PM PDT
Reply Quote
While I can see the issues this would create for legitimate item trading...terrible news in terms of the modded/duped items.
Reply Quote
Taking into account that majority of console gamers will play through acts 1-5 and thus "finish" the game, its not a very big deal. Its a good news for friends who are going to trade between each other, and i don't expect a saturation of forum threads like "Trade near perfect Archon Eni for n SoJs" (D2 references FTW)
Reply Quote
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

I thought the flooding of hacked items online was going to die with the BoA affix. This. is. not. cool.

< Did not read article, and is only making an assumption.
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
Jumping in to lend a bit of clarification.

Some items will still be Account Bound (like pre-order bonuses, for example). With that, when playing in a local co-op game, loot will be flagged when it drops for specific players in the group. For example, if Player 2 is a Demon Hunter and Player 1 is a Wizard and a pair of pants drop that have stats a Wizard would benefit from, the item will automatically be flagged for P1. Even if P2 runs over to loot the pants, they will go to P1’s inventory anyway. This helps streamline the experience of sorting through loot drops.

Additionally, when Legendaries drop, there is a chance a Player Gift will drop for someone on your Xbox Live or PlayStation Network friend’s list that also plays Ultimate Evil Edition, which you can send to them via the in-game Mail system either directly from your Inventory or at the Mailbox. The Player Gift will be targeted (i.e. it’ll roll as smart loot) to the character your friend chooses to open the Player Gift on.

I hope this helps!
Edited by Lylirra on 7/16/2014 6:15 PM PDT
Reply Quote
07/16/2014 05:46 PMPosted by Araxom

Some items will still be Account Bound (like pre-order bonuses, for example). With that, when playing in a local co-op game, loot will be flagged when it drops for specific players in the group. For example, if Player 2 is a Demon Hunter and Player 1 is a Wizard and a pair of pants drop that have stats a Wizard would benefit from, the item will automatically be flagged for P1. Even if P2 runs over to loot the pants, they will go to P1’s inventory anyway. This helps streamline the experience of sorting through loot drops.

Additionally, when Legendaries drop, there is a chance a Player Gift will drop for someone on your Xbox Live or PlayStation Network friend’s list that also plays Ultimate Evil Edition, which you can send to them via the in-game Mail system either directly from your Inventory or at the Mailbox. The Player Gift will be targeted (i.e. it’ll roll as smart loot) to the character your friend chooses to open the Player Gift on.

I hope this helps!

Would be nice to see these features along with the Avenger mechanic come to the pc. I have no desire to play D3 on my Xbox One as it just doesn't feel good with a controller(tried the demo on 360) and it sucks seeing them get exclusive features and drops not being boa.
Reply Quote
07/16/2014 06:52 PMPosted by HeavenOrHell
07/16/2014 05:46 PMPosted by Araxom

I hope this helps!

Would be nice to see these features along with the Avenger mechanic come to the pc. I have no desire to play D3 on my Xbox One as it just doesn't feel good with a controller(tried the demo on 360) and it sucks seeing them get exclusive features and drops not being boa.

First, stop complaining about BOA on PC. Its a necessary evil. But save that for the general forums anyways.

Second, even hardcore pc players admit that D3 rocks on controller (myself included). Once you get used to it, the controller kinda melts into your hands and skill casting becomes natural.

Third, console exclusive features shouldn't be anything to work yourself into a tizzy about. Console may not be getting content patches, and even if they do... they won't get clans, communities, or seasons.
Reply Quote
Yea and if its not BOA everyone just duplicates the gear makes the game unbalanced and not fun. So on Console I am all for BOA only because of offline game play.
Reply Quote
07/16/2014 07:36 PMPosted by MrMiSeRy
Yea and if its not BOA everyone just duplicates the gear makes the game unbalanced and not fun. So on Console I am all for BOA only because of offline game play.

I still dont know Bind on Account was removed for UEE in light of all the modded/hacked items that will undoubtedly make its way into UEE ecosystem... And Araxom post told us what we already knew, gifting and mail system has been known for several months now... Unless they have a preventive hacking measure that theyre not telling us about...
Edited by TranceFormer#1789 on 7/16/2014 11:00 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Unless they have a preventive hacking measure that theyre not telling us about...

I hope so. Playing online with random people became unsavory by day 3 of console release for me. With only one other person on my friend's list that plays, it's a sad sad world out there.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]