Diablo® III

Holy SoJ. Why you no drop?

07/08/2014 04:50 PMPosted by BotakZhang
@Haybaler,

You can peek at my profile and look at the skills I chosen. With this trifecta RORG I am at 48.66% CDR, it means approximately 2-3s of Akarat Champion downtime. So in this short window I'd usually wait and not attack and waste my wrath while waiting for the cooldown to be over. The wrath cost when in AC mode is a lot of difference. Shield Glare, Provoke and Law - Unstoppable force provide lots of wrath management solutions, but works best only in AC mode. With full globe of wrath and with unstoppable force law just activated, I can fire off 22 shots of HF. So it's about micromanaging.

I have another RORG with 8% CDR which puts me at 51.6x CDR that means approximately 2s of AC downtime. It's easier to play as the window where I don't do anything is shorter. So I tend to swap RORG around when I feel like it.

Thanks Man , much appreciated.

Very Nice RoRG and nice setup.
Edited by Haybaler#1911 on 7/8/2014 9:46 PM PDT
Reply Quote
@HerpinDerpin,

Did you find SOJ yet ?

I went to one of my mules and grabbed one of my wizard SOJ's for the time being since I cant find one with my Crusader. In order to make this one work effectively I had to switch my build back to FoTH/Fire.

It has Intelligence on it instead of Strength so I loose some strength but after I upgrade my last ruby in my pants I will still be above 8K sheet strength and more with bonuses of course. And the Intelligence adds to AR which isn't bad.

This SOJ has both 4.5% CC & 50% CHD on it but no CDR. By switching back to my fire build I was able to have the benefit of the SOJ and keep my CDR at Perm because if I use the Fervor passive skill I get 15% CDR from that. So I have actually gained more CDR than I had with the HS build.

I basically changed my build back to be able to use this SOJ as I like the Elite Damage the SOJ gives us. I am going to stay with this build for now until I find a decent roll on a strength one for Crusader. One that has elemental stat and hopefully at least some CHD on it.

So what I am saying is I was able to make a SOJ work and also keep my CDR maintained by adjusting my skills around a bit. And this SOJ has some really nice stats other than missing the Strength.

It also brought my CHD up by 50% so with paragons I am at over 400% CHD which made a big difference. And with just a few paragons I was able to keep my CC above 50% as well. Win Win situation in my case. Thanks to Fervor Skill and having Dark Light weapon I was able to do this and keep perm CDR.

Looks like I am going to be running FoTH/Fire build til I get more gear for HS build. But that's fine because I actually really like this build as well.
Edited by Haybaler#1911 on 7/9/2014 8:33 AM PDT
Reply Quote
@OP... That lightning SoJ would be good for a Hammers build still.
Reply Quote
View profile
My friend give it to me
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
Got my first one this weekend… on my Witch Doc. :/ Anyway, I’ve got a good feeling that another one is not too far off.

OP - provided you find the stats you’re looking for, will you be keeping your build as is?
Reply Quote
07/09/2014 08:14 AMPosted by Haybaler
@HerpinDerpin,

Did you find SOJ yet ?

Hey, thanks for checking up. I had not had much time to play recently, as I got super busy with work. Maybe an hour every day or every other day? I keep gambling for rings every way I can, but no luck yet.

Like you, I also have an soj that I could roll to holy, but it is stuck with +str, vit, and elite damage (I rolled the element dam). As I would really like to keep CDR stats maxmized, it's hard call for me right now.

07/09/2014 03:23 PMPosted by Raistrev
@OP... That lightning SoJ would be good for a Hammers build still.

Yeah I use to have lighting build for awhile. It used to be on my barb, but they got boring for awhile. Are you using Hammers build?

07/10/2014 06:30 PMPosted by Araxom
Got my first one this weekend… on my Witch Doc. :/ Anyway, I’ve got a good feeling that another one is not too far off.

OP - provided you find the stats you’re looking for, will you be keeping your build as is?

Congrats on your find. My wife found it too with her Witch Doc hah. (and she wasn't even P level 100 yet...and well rolled with CHC too! She was pleased.)

Regarding your question, absolutely I will. It's about fine-tuning build I like playing...it's not even about T6 fast-clearing none-sense even. I actually play mostly under T3 at this point, as my wife and some friends I play with are lower P level and they do not have enough gears yet. But there is something very satisfying about popping yourself up with champion mode buff, get in face of opponent with big flail and shield, and blast away. Sometimes when you do really high damage, it looks like the mobs sort of evaporate with holy beams haha. Fun times. Also, it seems to me that majority of crusader skills are holy oriented to begin with.
Edited by HerpinDerpin#1215 on 7/10/2014 6:47 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
Praise Akarat! I hear that :)
Reply Quote
07/10/2014 07:07 PMPosted by Araxom

Can we for the love of all that is holy get an update on Zunis/FS/FA debacle.... Blizzard stated it would be fixed yet not a peep. It is impacting how I wanna build and it was cause of a nerf to it that broke it. Shouldn't this be a priority? Anything?
Reply Quote
07/10/2014 07:07 PMPosted by Araxom

The raging !@#$storm from monk and wizard players in response to the new PTR patch is being completely ignored while this is the kind of topics that community managers respond to? Honestly what do they pay you people for?
Reply Quote
I found the Fire SOJ I'm wearing yesterday morning and rolled the +14% to Life to 5.5 CC on it. It took me two tries which wasn't bad at all. I wish it had rolled CC already on it so I could make a really nice one. It's pretty good though.

Took a while but finally got one. About went in to shock. Lately I have been getting quite a few ring drops so I guess one of em' was going to eventually roll. I hope to get a Holy one someday but still happy to have at least got a Crusader SOJ, and with Fire at that.

Hope you get yours soon HerpinDerpin, keep pluggin' as it is all we can do.

Edit: BTW, in case anyone may wonder how I got it, it dropped while I was soloing Act 3 Bounties at T4 level of play.
Edited by Haybaler#1911 on 7/11/2014 1:23 AM PDT
Reply Quote
I've also been looking for a Holy SoJ for quite some time, found a Lightning SoJ yesterday. Before that I found a cold SoJ, a physical SoJ and a fire SoJ.

So holy's gotta be next, right? ;-) Need it for the additional 8% CDR...

http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Rainmeadow-2232/hero/45432845
Edited by Rainmeadow#2232 on 7/11/2014 1:24 AM PDT
Reply Quote
If it makes you feel better, I play monks only, and the first SoJ I found was fire.... with strength, and for a crusader. Thankfully, earlier today I found my second SoJ (holy/dex/cooldown reduction) about 30 seconds after logging on.... to the PTR server.
Reply Quote
I have spent some 6k shards and have no SoJ! At all, NONE!
And that is probably the item I miss the most on my monks.
Reply Quote
i have two perfect holy soj on my monk lol, and nothing else drops
also i have like 6 perfect holy amulet,

which i will not use. it's insane
Reply Quote
ive never had one drop and im paragon 218.. 99% of the time has been on a crusader as well.
Reply Quote
View profile
I dropped an soj with 450 str, 18 light, 25 elite and 8 CDR last night while playing on my barb, but I have several better ones and gave it to a crusader friend in exactly the same situation as you are OP. Try to run with other barbs and crusaders and you'll get one sooner I bet.
Reply Quote
07/11/2014 09:12 AMPosted by Bryanw1995
I dropped an soj with 450 str, 18 light, 25 elite and 8 CDR last night while playing on my barb, but I have several better ones and gave it to a crusader friend in exactly the same situation as you are OP. Try to run with other barbs and crusaders and you'll get one sooner I bet.

That's a very good suggestion, and I'll bet you made that guy's day !
Reply Quote
07/07/2014 04:56 PMPosted by BotakZhang
@Haybaler,

A while ago you were ranting about not finding any akkhan pieces. And here you are with 6pc bonus. So grats to you too! However I can't seem to figure out your skill set. Unless you are testing something, it doesn't look optimized.

It's far from optimized, LOL. I have been slowly progressing towards Holy Shotgun and was using FoTH build as it's what I started out playing with and felt comfortable with it.

I am now experimenting with the HS Build but it's going to take a little getting used to. I like it a lot so far but I am going to have to get quite a bit more Holy gear and Some gears with HF on em' and a Holy SOJ (of course) to get it where I want it. Still getting some fairly high crits the way it is but need to get it way higher.

The only thing I don't like is that i sometimes run out of Wrath and then I can't cast and it gets me in a bit of a panick at higher T Levels ... LOL. Any suggestions on managing Wrath and passives would be nice.

I like FoTH as well and will still play with it some . I plan to have both characters when I get another one to level 70, I have a Dark Light flail. Now that I have most the gear for both builds I will be doing that sometime in the future.

Thanks

I've got both Shotgun and Darklight builds as well. I actually have a mediocre Holy SOJ, but it's not a natural one. I re-rolled for the elemental, and so I can't get CDR on it. Which means, given that I don't have CDR on my crappy FOTF, that I can't use the SOJ yet because my overall CDR would drop to unacceptably noticeable levels >.<. The most annoying and frustrating thing ever lol. Gearing is like playing Rubik's Cube.

On my Darklight build, I've used a Cindercoat chest in place of Akkhans. This will solve your Wrath problems. You might want to use the Indestructible passive if you're feeling just a touch squishy at times. You can do this because it's a 1H flail build with Fervor, so you don't need Captain Crimsons for CDR.
Reply Quote
I hate to say it but I found a Holy SOJ while on my Crusader back in early May... just when they enabled Anniversary Buff for drop rates...

You can view the Holy SOJ @ http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/LiLmEgZ-1525/hero/43684983
Reply Quote
07/11/2014 09:12 AMPosted by Bryanw1995

Thanks for this suggestion. Will definitely try this!
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]