Videos:

Greater Rift 33 (unity):
http://www.twitch.tv/magicrectangle/c/4640819

T6 Rift (no unity):
http://www.twitch.tv/magicrectangle/c/4640810

------------------------------------------------------------------

The basic build is:
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/wizard#VYkNhO!RibZ!ZcZbcc

I'm using full firebird. I used RoRG to exclude the hat/shoulder, in order to complete aughild's set (hat +shoulder) + strongarm. Aughild's is the defensive choice. Firebird hat with magefists or hexing pants would be the offensive choice. In greater rifts, I'm more worried about defense though frankly, so I'm using aughild's.

RoRG + SoJ/unity rings. Ammy is star of azkaranth with acceptable fire damage stats. Belt is string of ears for survival in GRs, or harrington in T6.

My stats with this gear equipped are:

1m sheet, 1.7m fire, 2.5m fire-elite
50% CDR
15m toughness (prismatic)
Edited by vishnu#1844 on 7/21/2014 9:54 PM PDT
Reply Quote
What's your gear look like?

Thanks!
Reply Quote
Full firebird (sans hat, 2 piece aughild with hat and bracer), woh, soj+rorg, string of ears, good fire neck (haunt of vaxo).

1m sheet, 1.7m fire, 2.5m fire-elite

50% CDR
Reply Quote
I can't watch the stream right now, but the Woh/Firebird combo was the first thing I thought of (with excitement) when I saw the huge EB buff in the latest patch notes.

How is it so far? Game breaker or let down?
Edited by Blayze#1534 on 7/10/2014 8:19 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Damage output is about 3x what you get with a regular chainpocalypse build on live. It is close to pet doctor damage output levels.
Reply Quote
hmm might be time for me to get back on my wizzy and start farming for WoW, gonna be super hard to get though
Edited by Meteora#1750 on 7/10/2014 8:30 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Server took a dump on me, going to go offline for a bit and try again at around 9 am pacific.
Reply Quote
07/10/2014 08:26 AMPosted by vishnu
Damage output is about 3x what you get with a regular chainpocalypse build on live. It is close to pet doctor damage output levels.

Wow... that is way better than what I had hoped for.

What's the ideal gear permutation now? Firebird/Aughild? I've gotta start playing my wiz again... I've got full firebirds but many of the pieces are sub-par... need to take advantage of Kadala before the supposed nerf goes live.
Reply Quote
Is there any way for us to see your gear setup on PTR?
Reply Quote
07/10/2014 09:25 AMPosted by Blayze
Is there any way for us to see your gear setup on PTR?

Not that I know of. I suppose I could equip the same stuff on my regular realm wiz, but I've re-rolled it all on test, and I'm not about to do that on live. As a stopgap I've listed my gear and approximate stats in the OP.
Reply Quote
I can't wait till this goes live. The firebird synergy with EB is too sweet.

I'm so pissed that my WOH rolled natural socket now... ugh.
Reply Quote
Finally got through queue, streaming again.
Reply Quote
What's with Twister on the left click?
Reply Quote
07/10/2014 09:41 AMPosted by Blayze

To bufff the hell out of all his fire damage
Reply Quote
And of course the game took a dump again, 33 minute queue, fun.

07/10/2014 09:41 AMPosted by Blayze

As gorgenstone says, to increase my fire damage. The mirrors cast it a lot, and theirs work. I don't even cast it myself much at all.
Reply Quote
Can somebody do me a favor and test something along those lines?

http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/wizard#RNYSkh!iZbh!cccc.Z

mirror for spell steal stack and intensify for 15% and shields from deflection

it lacks teleport and the passives could be modified, dont know what you'd chose here for t6 as i don't know the woh melee builds

wont do more dmg than firebird im just curious

thx!
Reply Quote
Problems with AP with this build for me
Reply Quote
Offline for sleep time. Probably more testing (this build and others) tonight or tomorrow.

07/10/2014 12:46 PMPosted by Hyperion
Problems with AP with this build for me

You don't actually cast gale force. It is just on your bar so that the mirrors do it.
Reply Quote
07/10/2014 08:26 AMPosted by vishnu

Yeah, my gear isn't T6 on either my wiz or my pet doc but the gear levels are comparable. I agree the damage feels roughly similar although the pet doc has VASTLY better mitigation for obvious reasons.
Reply Quote
Back up and testing some more woh/firebird
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]