Diablo® III

[Offline] PTR Cold Woh Testing

@vishnu

I can't help but to cast it sometimes. I think it's the running around and not attacking that's in my head. Well, besides EB.

Edit: prob just getting used to the new layout as well.
Edited by Hyperion#1147 on 7/11/2014 5:55 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Do you have something bound to force move? I use force move, not left click, to move my dude around. If you're trying to move by left clicking, and gale force is your left click, that could explain how you're losing AP.
Reply Quote
How does the 15% buff from Gale Force work? Is it additive or multiplicative?

Seems like a huge sacrifice to give up an entire skill slot for something your mirrors are occasionally casting...
Reply Quote
It is multiplicative. So if each of your four duplicates cast it on something, that's 1.15^4 = 1.75 = 75% increased fire damage. If you cast one also then it's 100% increased fire damage.
Reply Quote
vishnu are you sure it's multiplicative? when i tested it seemed additive. i will test again later.
Reply Quote
It can be difficult to see for sure that all mirrors have hit the target, but yes, I've gotten my damage numbers to double out of gale force stacks.

Even if it were additive it would be worth it though. That would still be 60% from mirrors, or 75% if you also cast one.
Edited by vishnu#1844 on 7/11/2014 9:11 AM PDT
Reply Quote
yes...this build has a great synergy with cindercoat since it lets you spam your own twisters for even more %
Reply Quote
I'm mostly busy staying alive, not casting a lot of twisters. I'll drop one, once in a while, on a boss. But on trash and elites I don't. Cindercoat would not be a high priority to me. Magefist or hexing pants are both better options for slots to skip firebird in. Reasoning is simple: cindercoat gives up a primary to get %fire. Magefist instead gets 5 primaries, and hexing gives its damage from a secondary. These items don't cost you toughness in order to gain the damage.
Reply Quote
you can run 2/3 of those and still have full firebird... also stutter-stepping while casting 3-4 gale forces is not too hard while dodging. i would run cindercoat+hexing most likely, but i have no hexing pants.

other option might be prides fall+cindercoat + galeforce spam but that might be a little too stationary.
Reply Quote
07/11/2014 09:28 AMPosted by kokopuffs
you can run 2/3 of those and still have full firebird...

Not and run aughild's. The elite damage reduction from aughild's is pretty attractive for greater rifts.

other option might be prides fall+cindercoat + galeforce spam but that might be a little too stationary.

I think you're really just missing the point. Gale force is junk damage, you just want it for the debuff. Even if you do cast it yourself, you only need one every 4 seconds. But mostly people don't even bother to cast it, you've got 4 images doing that.
Reply Quote
your own gale forces stack with each other.
Reply Quote
Gale Force damage isn't to terrible if you manage to throw 2 of them everytime your AP pot is full and they actually stick on the mob (sometimes happens).

One thing is for sure, magic missle damage goes way higher because of these debuffs.
Reply Quote
07/11/2014 09:59 AMPosted by kokopuffs
your own gale forces stack with each other.

No.
Reply Quote
07/11/2014 08:59 AMPosted by vishnu
It is multiplicative. So if each of your four duplicates cast it on something, that's 1.15^4 = 1.75 = 75% increased fire damage. If you cast one also then it's 100% increased fire damage.

What??? I thought it was max 15%. The Gales from each of your Images count as a separate "source"? If you cast 4x Gale Force yourself and they all hit, is it 15% or 75%?
Reply Quote
vishnu, i tested gale and it is indeed additive.

however you are correct in that your own gales don't stack with each other.
Reply Quote
Yeah I did some more detailed tests (removing weapon and source to eliminate variation in hits) and it looks like I top out at 75% with duplicates + me, so should be additive. Sorry about the mistake.
Reply Quote
Back online, testing legendary gems, more of which seem to be working now.

Edit: PTR took a dump on me, will probably be streaming more later.

One interesting thing I did learn during my testing was that the free EB casts from Woh trigger Taeguk, but not once per free cast, just once for all the free casts. IE without Woh, you get 1 stack from EB. With Woh, you get 2 stacks from EB.
Edited by vishnu#1844 on 7/16/2014 4:49 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Back on with the new patch, testing things out.
Reply Quote
Offline for sleep. Did learn some things today:

1) There's a new bug with mirror images messing up the firebird DoT.

2) "flash" is the new lightning EB rune, it is hard on the AP due to the shorter cooldown, and does less damage than chain reaction anyway, thanks to firebird. However the firebird/MI bug may make it attractive to some.

3) The blizzard rune "lightning storm" stacks from mirror images. In several trials (with no weapon/source equipped) my highest damage without mirrors was 606, and with mirrors (who all cast lightning storm at once) it was 1117. That is pretty much an 80% damage increase.
Edited by vishnu#1844 on 7/17/2014 9:22 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Back on doing some more testing.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]