Diablo® III

[Offline] PTR Cold Woh Testing

Learned that Swami doesn't do what everybody hopes. If you manage to get archon up before the stack from the old archon drops, it starts a new stack rather than continuing with the old one.
Reply Quote
I don't think WoW will be end game because I see well geared people only reaching level 35ish rank with it currently and getting murdered by face tanking, I think channeling builds will be better once there is a tank/pet doctor.

I also think they need to change Black Hole so that it is not on the Global Cool Down. i.e. you can cast it while channeling.
Reply Quote
07/18/2014 01:33 PMPosted by Horak
I don't think WoW will be end game because I see well geared people only reaching level 35ish rank with it currently and getting murdered by face tanking, I think channeling builds will be better once there is a tank/pet doctor.

I also think they need to change Black Hole so that it is not on the Global Cool Down. i.e. you can cast it while channeling.

I think its going to be a hybrid of both. You can slap on your 9k weap damage without taking a single hit using teleport, frost nova, and blackhole. Get in, lay your damage dot, get out, use disint & kite
Edited by GrizZ#1908 on 7/18/2014 1:58 PM PDT
Reply Quote
07/18/2014 01:15 PMPosted by vishnu
Learned that Swami doesn't do what everybody hopes. If you manage to get archon up before the stack from the old archon drops, it starts a new stack rather than continuing with the old one.

This is how i imagined it worked, it would be too op if not..... infinite stacking dps lol
Reply Quote
07/19/2014 02:00 AMPosted by ximae
07/18/2014 01:15 PMPosted by vishnu

This is how i imagined it worked, it would be too op if not..... infinite stacking dps lol

Well, it would be pretty difficult to chain them, but yeah. It doesn't clear the old stack either, though. For a short time you have two different stacks of the archon buff.

Arcane torrent with 60 archon stacks was also pretty impressive for the 13 seconds it was around.
Reply Quote
07/18/2014 01:48 PMPosted by GrizZ
07/18/2014 01:33 PMPosted by Horak

I think its going to be a hybrid of both. You can slap on your 9k weap damage without taking a single hit using teleport, frost nova, and blackhole. Get in, lay your damage dot, get out, use disint & kite

when kiting in GR you have no time to channel. high gr = stutter step or bust.
Reply Quote
07/19/2014 11:12 AMPosted by kokopuffs
when kiting in GR you have no time to channel. high gr = stutter step or bust.

Yeah I tried channeling builds in GRs and they suck a lot. I got destroyed on GR34 using arcane torrent, swapped back to Woh and it was fine. Woh is melee, so people think "zomg melee = dead" but Woh is highly mobile, you can be constantly moving while damaging the enemies, you're just riding a little closer to the edge. In solo GRs I actually end up failing on DPS before I start failing from dying a lot, using Woh - though part of that is because of the firebird bug at present.

That said, once hydra is fixed to work with firebird, I have little doubt that gale/hydra will be the king of GRs, for basically the same reason M6 does so well for DH. You can pull away from the action and spend all your time running around avoiding things.
Reply Quote
vishnu what setup do you run in GR? sheet dps/elem?

i ran into a lot of DPS issues on GR 33. i died a few times but it wasn't anything that better play couldn't avoid, but i just found that i just couldn't make things die fast enough.
Reply Quote
1.05m sheet (with taeguk), 90% fire, 45% elite, 50.4% CDR, 14m toughness (+unity)

Non-sheet related damage:
strongarm
bone chill (duplicates)
gale force (duplicates)
4-element EE (lightning woh, fire chain reaction, cold bone chill, arcane event horizon)

Firebird bug makes DPS a struggle right now. Before yesterday DPS felt pretty good, but the patch destroyed it. GR33 is definitely a struggle. I tried lightning Woh to see if it was any better, but even with the bug firebird DoT was up often enough to beat lightning Woh.

When I said GR34 was fine, I meant fine for survival. I could beat the timer before patch with working firebird, I can't beat the GR34 timer since they broke firebird (or at least, I haven't yet, two GR34 failures so far).

Edit: I'm aware that some of the above debuffs have limited usefulness with the mechanics of firebird, but as it is bugged right now anyway, the lion's share of damage is coming from EB. Removing mirror images would allow firebird to work, but tanks survivability.
Edited by vishnu#1844 on 7/19/2014 1:03 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Streaming some greater rifts 2x wizards.
Reply Quote
2 man was okay, we did lightning woh (me) + lightning torrent (CKbrah). Finished 31 fast enough to bump to 33, but did not make the timer on 33. Firebird really does just make a huge difference in the damage output. Especially when you have to kite a bit.
Reply Quote
^^

it was intense. Like Vishnu said, the dmg output was simply not there, survival was not a huge issue, u just had to be very careful and situational aware.

in terms of gearing, my setup was as good as a lighting AT wiz can get, I don't think barely any improvements can be made. The dmg potential really caps out at 30-32.
Reply Quote
can you post your bug findings with firebirds I know lots of people already have but the more noise we make the better

and you have vids to back it up. If you already have don't worry
Reply Quote
Testing some cold woh on PTR
Reply Quote
What does your cold build look like? Curious to see what you use outside of EB.
Reply Quote
07/21/2014 08:23 PMPosted by MrDuMa
What does your cold build look like? Curious to see what you use outside of EB.

Tried a few things. I did ray of frost w/ sleet storm, but couldn't really pay for it. I tried cold blood with light of grace, which I could pay for, but the targeting really irks me, and it makes me less mobile. I settled on glacial spike:
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/wizard#alkNhO!WibZ!ZZZbYc

If I test it again, I'll probably swap frozen solid back to bone chill for the damage. Everything is pretty frozen by frostburn + obliterate + glacial spike anyway. I tried absolute zero for a while, but event horizon is pretty mandatory in GRs IMHO.

The damage was not so hot. So far my experience has been:
Fire Woh (when firebird was working): GR34
Fire Woh (bugged firebird): GR33
Lightning Woh: GR31
Cold Woh: GR28 (not even, really, failed by a few seconds, though density was poor)

On the plus side of things, bane of the trapped is basically always active, and glacial has a really high proc rate for any of the proc gems. So you'd be looking at taeguk + bane of the trapped + proc gem of choice.

I'm sure I'll be a firebird wiz when it goes live, unless they fail to fix the bug, in which case I'll go lightning (but most likely play my WD or crusader more).
Reply Quote
Hmmm... I felt the same way with the DPS of cold EB.

I tried Froze Solid and Bone Chill but yeah.. extra CC wasn't the problem, damage was. Dropped Frozen Solid.

I wanted something better than Glacial Spike with Mirrorball since it would be a lesser version of MM/Conflag with WoW but cold spenders are pretty poor. RoF costs a lot. Using about 14 APoC, I could start to see some decent channeling times but not nearly enough against RGs. Add EB and yeah.. run dry way too often.

Other spenders didn't really work too well... Frozen Orb and Comet had damage but also a lot more kiting whilst AP was on slow regen. I guess another route I could go is using a Magistrate and trying out Frost Hydra.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]