Diablo® III

Clan Member Limits

Hi Arc,

Long time no run mate – hope you’ve been well.

Recently, a number of concerns have come up with regards to clan cap limits. We are having to exercise very tedious ways to cull inactive players to make room for new players – one of the ways is creating an excel spreadsheet with everyone’s btag and last login time. <- That’s really cumbersome.

I have 2 possible solutions that Blizzard can consider. If you could be awesome enough to feed this up the chain, that would be totally appreciated.
1. Remove the cap; or significantly increase the cap past 150 players.
2. Allow officers to view all members – whether online or offline. It makes it easier for us to kick people that havent logged in for 8 weeks for example.

Thanks,
Ricky
Edited by Ryoka#1646 on 7/10/2014 6:13 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Community Manager
Sure thing, I will past this on and add the topic to the next report.
Thanks Ricky!
Reply Quote
I've run into the same problem with the NZ clan. What I've started doing is using the Clan->Set Clan Note feature for each member. I just add the name of the current month when I see people online. When it's time for a cull I look for members with either no clan note, or an old note.

It's a crutch but it works. Hope Blizzard can make it easier to sort by 'last active'
Reply Quote
07/10/2014 05:37 PMPosted by Ryoka

2.Allow officers to view all members – whether online or offline. It makes it easier for us to kick people that havent logged in for 8 weeks for example.

Thanks,
Ricky

You are able to do this by ticking the box under the rooster list "show all members" you can then sort list by what ever way you like by clicking at the top of any column list.

If we are able to see when our own friends in our personal list last logged on 'although a little bugged somtimes' couldn't they just add another list in the rooster menu for officers which displays this also.

Cheers NeK
Edited by NeK#1206 on 7/13/2014 8:58 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Nek - I didnt articulate myself very well.

Yeah, I know you can check the little box that shows the entire clan. But I'm specifically after the last logon detail.....that list that you're describing doesnt show the activity of the clan members.
Reply Quote
I was disappointed when I read the patch notes and there was no improvements to the clan interface. It needs a lot of improvement as at current it is too simplistic. The most frustrating issues imo are the three ranks limit, the member cap limit, last login not being displayed & lastly having to individually click on members to check their gear & having the clan list reset each time.

Also how about some clan perks! Similar to what WOW offers.
Reply Quote
also would help to if it showed ppl using the ptr as well
Reply Quote
+1 to this.
Really need it badly...
Reply Quote
Bump this thread forever. If it ever gets old, necro it.
Reply Quote
The Southern Legion (yeah we're still kicking) is experiencing the same issue Arc, Considering me bumping this with a big +1!
:)
Edited by Infernal#3505 on 8/25/2014 9:54 AM PDT
Reply Quote
4 months latter.. still no improvement ...

give me my damn inactive list ! soo i kick all those inactive player to make room for real player..
Reply Quote
they will improve maybe after 1 year. :(
Reply Quote
Give it time. I’m sure there will be improvements in this area…..It’s probably just that clan member limits isn’t a priority compared to other issues/bugs with the game.
Reply Quote
09/21/2014 04:55 PMPosted by Ryoka
Give it time. I’m sure there will be improvements in this area…..It’s probably just that clan member limits isn’t a priority compared to other issues/bugs with the game.

They will fix it all in a major patch, hopefully 2.2.

It's a marketing tactic, they "fix" something that came out broken and half done, in a content patch. This makes it look like Blizzard is actually doing something with the game and offering worthwhile updates. The community falls for it and they cheer and clap.

Seriously, Clans don't show "Last Loged in" and have a cap of only 150? Find that number, put a 0 on the end. Find the code snippet from the Abstract Window Toolkit for whatever language they wrote d3 in, put it in a table column in the guild member page.

It's almost insulting that a company such as Blizzard didn't fix this stuff on the very 1st day. No one with half a brain or the slightest computer literate attitude believes this is something that takes time. It doesn't. It's nothing but a marketing technique, as I said.

I can see it already...
Patch 2.2, guild and community update! Larger member cap and Last Log on info! Major update, 3000+ man hours, millions of dollars spent, 2 months on the PTR. The crowd goes wild, man bras shower the blizzcon stage, mountain dew is sprayed all over the naked bodies of the Blizzard Fans. Game journalists have a field day and make millions in advertising revenue while promoting the news, stocks go up, game sales smash records, servers crash due to over population, world burns and the universe is never the same.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]