Diablo® III

how are you getting your gold

I frequently have less than 4k gold because I'm constantly having to spend a million per reroll at the mystic and generally having to reroll more than 10 times a stat just to get something 'close' to what I need. I just can't seem to have anywhere near enough gold to keep up with enchanting and gems and whatnot.

So how are you people getting your millions? What are you doing that gets you rich that I can start doing?

And maybe just send a personal message so Blizzard doesn't nerf your gold find methods.
Reply Quote
I kill monsters.

When I started to hit T4 and couldn't find nearly as many upgrades, my gold expenditures went down drastically.
Reply Quote
I kill monsters
I play at T4 and above
I have a small amount of goldfind on my gear
I don't spend my gold like it is an unlimited resource

Honestly, I play hardcore and I'm not having gold problems. I don't fully understand how a softcore player could run into this. You have no item sink. Where the heck are all those worthy upgrades coming from once you hit mid-grade stuff?
Reply Quote
Wow..... that's totally helpful. I never though to kill monsters. Do expand upon your theory.
Reply Quote
Jade Dr. is a gold grabbin machine.
Reply Quote
View profile
I used as much gold-find gear as possible. I put all the paragon points I can towards gold find.

I grind at the highest level I can without it being a slog, so that I can earn more quickly.

And I don't touch the gold for as long as I can, but when helpful drops are so few, its hard not to mess around with the Mystic. I have to tell myself "Ok in this session, I'm going for gold." and stick to the plan. Do that every couple of days and it should help.
Reply Quote
I spend millions trying to reroll amulets and rings to get CD or CC or whatnot and that takes all my gold. It's about 1 million just to make the gem per reroll for rings and ammy's, that's why I never have gold. I just rolled 9 times in a row to get CD on my RoRG and failed. 9 times to change vitality into something else and kept getting more vitality.

I also try to equip several characters with gems and upgrades. So, I have no gold. You act like gold falls in great piles when you turn over a leaf. I frequently only get a couple hundred gold per drop in T3. So am I just getting the shaft when it comes to gold drops or is there another method for finding more?

edit: Thanks Arctic. I'll try and focus on just gold find though I hate reallocating paragon points into goldfind. Is that 50% really that much when just upping the torment bar gets you a whole lot more?
Edited by mysticrhino#1480 on 7/12/2014 3:30 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Gold isn't the problem for me. I never have enough forgotten souls to reroll stats with.
Reply Quote
I find tonnes of crappy legs and normally have 60+ souls when i go to reroll something and then they all disappear with my gold and gems. It's like they know only 1 leg in 100 is worth it and make you spend the other 99 forgotten souls to try and salvage the 1 good leg.
Reply Quote
Selling mountains of trash. What a FUN loot system...
Reply Quote
Not finding upgrades helps me save gold.
Reply Quote
How to earn gold:

1. Play on higher torments
2. Have some gold find on you and your followers but not so much that it gimps your DPS / Toughness
3. Do bounties, don't pass up cursed shrines / chests

How to keep your gold:

1. Don't try to re-roll bad items to make them good.
2. Don't waste your gold rolling jewelry that isn't a nice SoJ, RoRG, or Amulet that has 20% element damage with >=9% CHC or >=90% CHD on it already.

3. You don't need max gems in every slot right away. Work up to them. It took me a solid month from the start of RoS before I was flawless royal in every slot.

once you stop getting upgrades and start salvaging garbage legendaries before ID'ing them, your gold will really start to rise.
Reply Quote
07/12/2014 03:15 PMPosted by mysticrhino
I frequently have less than 4k gold because I'm constantly having to spend a million per reroll at the mystic and generally having to reroll more than 10 times a stat just to get something 'close' to what I need. I just can't seem to have anywhere near enough gold to keep up with enchanting and gems and whatnot.

So how are you people getting your millions? What are you doing that gets you rich that I can start doing?

And maybe just send a personal message so Blizzard doesn't nerf your gold find methods.

well u eventualy end up with a char were u either don't need to enchant or its to expensive
but I play on t6 and in a rift I do like 2 mil total gold drops quest
now I have 90+ mil but trust me this gold can vanish in 10 sec with couple of enchants
yeah my gear probably could get better enchants but ...realy don't wanna end up with 5 mil per enchant on an item , its just not worth it
the only safe enchant is ammy and rings u know there the prices cant go up
don't know if hellrifts still work
but ppl were doing that on t6 for gold , u might wanna try that
Reply Quote
I've been playing T6 these days with my DH and have (not by choice) +133% GF in addition to whatever the game gives me. Seems like I'm raking in over a mil every 10 mins or so just running Rifts and Bounties. I've made 100 mil in the past week or so just grinding away a few hours per night.

I don't really keep track of it too much but playing T6 adds up quick.
Reply Quote
View profile
brought 1 billion over to RoS... still have over 600mil

no issues
Reply Quote
I had 75 mils before RoS. Now have 350+ mils. Not sure why people lack gold.
Reply Quote
07/12/2014 03:44 PMPosted by Jimdio69
Not finding upgrades helps me save gold.

haioooo!
Reply Quote
LoL he has 10 rerolled items on one character. he has a spending problem not a gathering one.
Reply Quote
Keep an eye for Traveller's pledge. It STILL drops. It looks like a gray item but is in reality an unused crafting material that you can sell for 50K. AFAIK it drops from inanimate objects.
Reply Quote
I do lots and lots of Ghom runs on T6 with my pet doctor. She kills Ghom in around 10-15 seconds and it gets me about 150k per game. I get around maybe 50-60 games per hour.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]