Diablo® III

Hearthstone vs Diablo popularity

2 months ago stats (from twitch):
avg 14,000-18,000 D3 viewers
avg 15,000-18,000 Hearthstone viwers

right now
15,000 hearthstone viewers
2,000 d3 viewers

Even Pokemon X&Y have more LIVE viewers than d3.

If this isn't evidence that something is wrong with D3 then I don't know what else could be.

Suggestions:
Start simple and work your way up.
Class Balance
Legendary revamps (items in general, most stats feel boring and unimaginative.)
More fun things to do. (Greater rifts+hellfire amulet are great ideas)
Reply Quote
off-topic but where do you find avg viewer statistic?
Reply Quote
I prefer to watch actual competitive games --- not some wannabe competitive games.

Hearthstone, Starcraft 2, DotA 2, LoL >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> D3.
Reply Quote
Please point a game out that is 2 years old that doesn't lose player base? Other that subscription based MMO games. Something similar?

BTW I will also tell you that the 4-5 people that were playing D3 on my friends list have pretty much stopped. But hey samething happened in D2 and I still played it to the bitter end, I loved the game and D3 is pretty fun as well.
Reply Quote
Sorry but this game wasn't supposed to lose its player base or its twitch viewers at this rate

the rate at which it lost those things was alarming, made total sense once you actually played the game and it is sad that so many people might be content and even admire the scenario as far as how it translates into the overall quality of the game.

this game is a piece of crap compared to how incredible it could have been.....

I for one love watching podcasts that start with

"great news! here we are 2 years into the life of the game and the developers just released a water cooler discussion and they do feel that many of the legendary items still suck...and are looking at ways to fix it........pretty exciting news....blah blah blah...."
Reply Quote
Wait, you can stream pokemon X/Y? Like, from the DS?
Reply Quote
Hearthstone has a lot of views because of that kripparrian guy. He might play D3 ladder for a bit, which will temporarily boost the numbers.

LoL and dots dominate streaming. Doesn't make everything else bad though. Those games are more important to watch if you want to get good. Not so much with Diablo 3.
Reply Quote
07/12/2014 10:08 PMPosted by cbwjm
Wait, you can stream pokemon X/Y? Like, from the DS?

Attach your smartphone to your head with some sort of band and use that to record the screen/stream? Lol.
Reply Quote
MVP - Diablo III
View profile
Games that feature head-to-head competition generally draw in more viewers.
Reply Quote
While twitch can sometimes be a wink of how a game is doing it can't really be said about all games.

The reason D3 once had high viewers was because it was new and people wanted to see what it looked like. Same with RoS.

That being said D3 is not a competative game (yet) and in all honesty while fun playing is absolutely no fun watching. We are not talking about watching some pro player here or E-sport event we are talking about sitting and watching someone farm.
Reply Quote
07/12/2014 10:17 PMPosted by Jaetch
Games that feature head-to-head competition generally draw in more viewers.

aka we need PvP arena we were promised years ago.
Reply Quote
07/12/2014 10:05 PMPosted by Shurgosa
Sorry but this game wasn't supposed to lose its player base or its twitch viewers at this rate

the rate at which it lost those things was alarming, made total sense once you actually played the game and it is sad that so many people might be content and even admire the scenario as far as how it translates into the overall quality of the game.

"great news! here we are 2 years into the life of the game and the developers just released a water cooler discussion and they do feel that many of the legendary items still suck...and are looking at ways to fix it........pretty exciting news....blah blah blah...."

I appreciate your Subjective opinion about what you think the game is. I also have a subjective opinion. I enjoy it. See how that works?

Secondly yes almost all games lose players quickly after they beat the contact. I believe Blizzard quoted 60% of the people that buy their games beat it at a level equal to normal and shelf it. I know 3 such people that I count as real friends that did just that. So I can't say I have such a hard time beliving that.
Reply Quote
07/12/2014 09:06 PMPosted by frogg626
2 months ago stats (from twitch):
avg 14,000-18,000 D3 viewers
avg 15,000-18,000 Hearthstone viwers

right now
15,000 hearthstone viewers
2,000 d3 viewers

Even Pokemon X&Y have more LIVE viewers than d3.

If this isn't evidence that something is wrong with D3 then I don't know what else could be.

Suggestions:
Start simple and work your way up.
Class Balance
Legendary revamps (items in general, most stats feel boring and unimaginative.)
More fun things to do. (Greater rifts+hellfire amulet are great ideas)

A fairly new Free multiplatform game based on the most successful MMO of all time more popular than a 40+40 dollar 2years old one?? Unbelievable !!
Edited by Bodoka#2341 on 7/12/2014 11:20 PM PDT
Reply Quote
07/12/2014 11:14 PMPosted by Visionhero

I appreciate your Subjective opinion about what you think the game is. I also have a subjective opinion. I enjoy it. See how that works?

Secondly yes almost all games lose players quickly after they beat the contact. I believe Blizzard quoted 60% of the people that buy their games beat it at a level equal to normal and shelf it. I know 3 such people that I count as real friends that did just that. So I can't say I have such a hard time beliving that.

It's that kind of thinking that hinders the game. it sold like hot cakes, virtually all games lose players rapidly, the bulk of players only play through normal anyways.....so.......that's the bar the game has to hop over......so there's your list Diablo 3, accomplish that, and you've done something...impress a few people, sell like crazy and lose interested players. after that your golden.

"oh people who dislike or hate on the game? thats just their opinion....its mostly just mindless hate and "trolling"....pay no attention....

dont worry about trying to attract players' interest long term....almost all games lose players quickly after they beat the content......

its that kind of thinking that opens the gate for stupid design. Because why bother trying to excel?

if the vanilla game sold 12 million copies....why would even think of changing anything about it?

its obviously a shining example of how incredible a video game can be.......

So whats your reply then? That I'm stupid to think that you dont see anything wrong with the game?

Well I dont think that. I think if you talk to anyone they can spout a list of what needs fixing...and this is one realy old list with some pretty huge bold highlighted bullet points that everyone knows about and are sitting around waiting to see revamped and worked on. still waiting...

LoL is given away for free. I dare say their player-base and twitch polularity is not declining by any stretch of the imagination and people are playing countless games on the exact same map using the exact same characters.......

why?

and the answer isn't because "its a MOBA game" or "its pvp" or "competitive"

The answer is "game design"
Reply Quote
so people rather play the game instead of watching others playing it?

the shock
Reply Quote

LOl this guy still is not playing ros , how did I miss ignoring him. Just a bitter person spewing his sour grapes.

He can't really be taken seriously as he is not even a player. What is his RoS experience?
Reply Quote
Some people have friends, DeadRu.

Friends that lets them try out games on their computers, and that hangs out together and talk.
A strange concept, I know.
Reply Quote
07/13/2014 07:56 AMPosted by DeadRu

LOl this guy still is not playing ros , how did I miss ignoring him. Just a bitter person spewing his sour grapes.

He can't really be taken seriously as he is not even a player. What is his RoS experience?

let me guess: If I played RoS I would realize that everything wrong about the game was basically fixed and improved and I'd change my tune.......in that case let me go get my wallet...
Edited by Shurgosa#1196 on 7/13/2014 8:00 AM PDT
Reply Quote
but rng is rng bro!
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]