Diablo® III

Why would you allow this, BLIZZ?!?!?!?!?

Seriously…My first Shard of Hate drops on my Monk (I only play my Monk really) and it’s has Strength on it!!!!! WTF…

Why are Legendaries even allowed off-stats when dropped? I can’t even fix it without giving up a socket. Heck I can’t even trade it away...

I don’t know folks….My gear is pretty good already, but finally something “cool” drops and I can’t even use it. Anyone else just sick of stupid stuff like this?

http://imgur.com/d8gCtfw
Reply Quote
you could save it and use it as motivation to start leveling up a STR based character....

and the reason it happens is because smart loot is only smart 85% of the time, so that you CAN actually find stuff for other toons once in a while.
Edited by Morthon#1770 on 7/11/2014 10:36 AM PDT
Reply Quote
...Or you could wait till patch 2.1 and get a free socket?
Reply Quote
07/11/2014 10:36 AMPosted by Wildor
...Or you could wait till patch 2.1 and get a free socket?

well yes, but that assumes he can find the ramaladin's gift... which is likely to be hard to find, especially if you have bad RNG, and from what OP said, he is probably not on the "RNGesus preferred list"

so that would just frustrate him more in saving it so he can then grind for something that he may or may not find before another long period has passed
Reply Quote
Whatever with the luck assumption.
That "luck" may change at any moment.
Suddenly, OP may find three ramaladin within ten minutes.
Reply Quote
don't know the concept of smart loot not being 100%?

and posting a thread does what exactly ?
Reply Quote
Still you got lucky I still have not found a Soh.
Reply Quote
07/11/2014 10:49 AMPosted by Yuhanz
don't know the concept of smart loot not being 100%?

and posting a thread does what exactly ?

I'm just venting bro...It's nice to vent to people who play the game and not my spouse....

At any rate, my luck will come across it again I'm sure...But I still say smart-loot should be 100% on legs.
Reply Quote
Yeah that 15% chance of a legendary rolling with another classes stats can be really demoralizing.

My WD finally got Tasker and Theo gloves a few weeks back....and the stupid thing rolled with strength so I had to re-roll what would have been an amazing pair of gloves.

I enchanted off the strength to get some more crit at least...

If it had rolled my main stat as it should have, I could have enchanted it into:
INT
ATTACK SPEED
CRIT Chance
CRIT Damage

Much disappoint, but they are still better than nothing.

RNG is like winning the lottery, but the catch is you have to also eat a pile of dog crap to claim your reward. Just goes to show how the RNG mechanics in this game leave players with a bad taste in their mouths.
Edited by Torus#1298 on 7/11/2014 11:19 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Don't worry about it. The weapon sucks anyway since they nerfed it
Reply Quote
Legendries have something like a 15% chance of rolling a main stat other than the one you are currently playing if I'm not mistaken, if it's not class specific. That's ok because, it makes it so that you can still have a small chance to farm legendries for lower Torment heroes with a higher Torment hero.

Maybe they should lower the chance? Or take away the timer and player limitation for trading if you are doing so within your clan? But, I don't think making legendries roll main 100% of the time on non-class specific gear is the best way to go.
Reply Quote
"Look how short this runway is, how were we expected to land on this thing?"

"I know, and just look how wide it is."
Reply Quote
View profile
I never found one before it was nerfed so I can't compare them. I did not find my first Thunderfury until P400. Now I am at P415 and have since found a total of 3. RNG.
Reply Quote
SoH is no good any more... so yah nobody really uses it since they nerfed it.
Reply Quote
07/11/2014 10:40 AMPosted by Morthon
RNGesus preferred list

how much and where do I sign up?
Reply Quote
My only SoH dropped with 1920 dps and no socket...so yeah. Good luck with that.
Reply Quote
Yeah that 15% chance of a legendary rolling with another classes stats can be really demoralizing.

My WD finally got Tasker and Theo gloves a few weeks back....and the stupid thing rolled with strength so I had to re-roll what would have been an amazing pair of gloves.

I enchanted off the strength to get some more crit at least...

If it had rolled my main stat as it should have, I could have had:
INT
ATTACK SPEED
CRIT Chance
CRIT Damage

Much disappoint, but they are still better than nothing.

Why do people do this?! Wouldn't you rather have a great item that doesn't work for you right now rather than a mediocre item that works for you for now that you'll need to upgrade anyway?

AR isn't even that useful for an int class. Should have just kept the STR on it, with trifecta, and have it for a pet barb or phalanx crusader. And it would still be better for a WD for the armor to balance out all that ar you already have due to the int.

So you would have had a great item for str classes, and still a better item for your WD.

I see people do this with SOJs, too. Swap the element instead of just having a SOJ to be great for a different build and being patient.

Meh, I'm just annoyed that I've gotten 3 TNTs from Kadala and the best one is a 50% without cc/cd after 40k shards.
Reply Quote
Sorry, friend.

Blizzard cares.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wiq8f5iro8w
Reply Quote
I farmed over a month for the RoRG with my wiz and it dropped with dex and i already have a very good one for my HD :(
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]