Diablo® III

2+ years still no proper PVP

Lots of people who are (was) your fanbase and potential future customers have not forgot blizzard.
Reply Quote
and they never will, until they get what was advertised, or something similar. time to put real effort into PvP as they should have years ago, or Diablo as a franchise might as well be dead, at least until D4 comes out, which certainly will have a great PvP system.
Reply Quote
SMH

Will you PVP guys please get over it already!? There's plenty of other options out there so you can show off your amazing e peen or whatever the losers call that crap these days.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warlock
why don't you go outside and pvp some there.
Reply Quote
07/11/2014 01:14 PMPosted by UGotGanked
and they never will, until they get what was advertised, or something similar. time to put real effort into PvP as they should have years ago, or Diablo as a franchise might as well be dead, at least until D4 comes out, which certainly will have a great PvP system.

Can you show me the advertisement please? Not a Youtube clip, not a blog post, but an actual physical advertisement or commercial? I know all the PvP people are all about this mythical "advertisement." yet none have produced it.

They also forget that YouTube clips and videos from 5 years ago don't count as actual advertisement. Same with blog posts.
Reply Quote
07/11/2014 01:19 PMPosted by GoauldOfWar
Can you show me the advertisement please? Not a Youtube clip, not a blog post, but an actual physical advertisement or commercial?

Do you recall the origional diablo 3 game box?
Reply Quote
07/11/2014 01:24 PMPosted by WitchDoctor
Can you show me the advertisement please? Not a Youtube clip, not a blog post, but an actual physical advertisement or commercial?

I really don't. Digital is the way I mostly go these days.
Reply Quote
07/11/2014 01:14 PMPosted by UGotGanked

Can you show me the advertisement please? Not a Youtube clip, not a blog post, but an actual physical advertisement or commercial? I know all the PvP people are all about this mythical "advertisement." yet none have produced it.

They also forget that YouTube clips and videos from 5 years ago don't count as actual advertisement. Same with blog posts.

arena was shown on tv in comercials. if you can't even look it up yourself then you just want to ignore the facts. troll elsewhere, no one cares if you are convinced.

they posted PvP updates on the front page on this very site. that also counts as advertisement. only the most ignorant people lack understanding of the history with PvP in D3. if you don't know by now, you simply never cared and did not want to know, you just like trolling PvP threads which do not apply to you.
Reply Quote

They don't remember or care for that matter. But out of the 8+ million that didn't buy RoS I am pretty sure quite a few do.
Reply Quote
If Blizzard keeps ignoring its major player base (hardcore/non casual gamers) they will continue getting bad PR by word of mouth. Who do you guys think puts out reviews? Its not your casual user that has this type of job. It is the hardcore gamer that has 2000+ hours invested into the game. This game will continue getting !@#$ reviews until Blizzard gets its head out of its %^-. Honestly.
Reply Quote
07/11/2014 01:34 PMPosted by MasterBoO
If Blizzard keeps ignoring its major player base (hardcore/non casual gamers) they will continue getting bad PR by word of mouth. Who do you guys think puts out reviews? Its not your casual user that has this type of job. It is the hardcore gamer that has 2000+ hours invested into the game. This game will continue getting !@#$ reviews until Blizzard gets its head out of its %^-. Honestly.

Casuals are dissatisfied with D3 as well, but for many different reasons. It's pretty bad when you've essentially alienated your entire playerbase in some aspect.

Blizz doesn't give a !@#$, though. They'll make patches that continue to string people along on on empty promises until the next expansion where they'll make more empty promises and go with the "cash grab" strategy.
Reply Quote
<span class="truncated">...</span>

They don't remember or care for that matter. But out of the 8+ million that didn't buy RoS I am pretty sure quite a few do.

Yes I remember it and have it here in my hands with my brothers collecters edition neither have anything for PVP on the box. Look at the box people. Blizzard knew that PVP was not ready so they Did not put it on the box.

as a side note I am in Canada so maybe our boxes were diffrent
Edited by MatSav#1141 on 7/11/2014 1:40 PM PDT
Reply Quote
more like 11-12 million who didnt buy ROS.

blizz doesnt care about reviews for D3 anymore it seems. i think they know until they fix PvP they wont be selling more to the PvE or casual player base. they need to fix PvP to sell D3/ros to the rest of their potential PvP gaming fans. bad reviews will only tarnish their record however, leading to far fewer pre-sales and sales in general of all their future games. maybe they just dont care, considering they can still do well enough and not have to invest as much effort into their games to please the casual fan base, which seems to grow each year.
Reply Quote
07/11/2014 01:30 PMPosted by UGotGanked

arena was shown on tv in comercials. if you can't even look it up yourself then you just want to ignore the facts. troll elsewhere, no one cares if you are convinced.

they posted PvP updates on the front page on this very site. that also counts as advertisement. only the most ignorant people lack understanding of the history with PvP in D3. if you don't know by now, you simply never cared and did not want to know, you just like trolling PvP threads which do not apply to you.

I looked up the box art and the tv commercials and all I found was generic cutscene trailers for the game. All the gamebox pictures I saw had no mention of PvP. So if you can provide said commercial or box art, I would love to see it. I really would. Also blogs, even official ones, don't count as an advertisement in the traditional sense. It says "Yeah we are working on this for the future/post launch." I can see it as advertisement a bit, but for most people they wouldn't consider it as such.

Don't get pissy at me because you know of some secret commercial for PvP that I don't. I am genuinely curious to see this. It's always mentioned and never shown. I haven't been able to find it. So if you have a link, please share.

I would love there to be a more robust PvP environment. It would be great. I am not anti-pvp. I've seen the arena videos from 2010ish and it looked great. I hope there is PvP one day, but don't label someone a troll because they lack some information you claim have but won't share.
Reply Quote
07/11/2014 01:14 PMPosted by DiabloThe3RD
SMH

Will you PVP guys please get over it already!? There's plenty of other options out there so you can show off your amazing e peen or whatever the losers call that crap these days.

Because it all has to do with Epeen right? Get over yourself.
Reply Quote
07/11/2014 01:54 PMPosted by GoauldOfWar
I looked up the box art and the tv commercials and all I found was generic cutscene trailers for the game. All the gamebox pictures I saw had no mention of PvP. So if you can provide said commercial or box art, I would love to see it. I really would. Also blogs, even official ones, don't count as an advertisement in the traditional sense. It says "Yeah we are working on this for the future/post launch." I can see it as advertisement a bit, but for most people they wouldn't consider it as such.

I do not give a crap about what you are talking about one bit.

We bought Diablo and expect Diablo with trading and pvp. Without those two this is not Diablo.
Reply Quote
For what it's worth I happened to have my original game box in the closet behind me. Out of curiosity I decided to grab it and on the subject of PvP it has this to say, " ". That's right...no mention of it what-so-ever on the box, in the manual, on the dvd (or sleeve), on the guest passes included, or even on the notepad they stuck in the box. I had the game pre-ordered and pre-loaded ready to go day 1 so if subsequent boxes had anything to say on the matter - that might be something else, but on the original game boxes....nothing is mentioned on PvP

So still being a little curious, I did look up the original TV spots and while I didn't watch all the class specific videos out there I did find the pre-sale hype spots and again, no mention of PvP or demoing of the Arena. The only thing I could find was a brief mention where a twitter conversation was had at the time indicating the dueling would only be in the Arena, meant for fun and not be taken as a serious E-Sport. In terms of balancing, a number of "ifs" were bantered about.

Finally there IS a dueling arena in D3 as of now. Has been or some time. It's not a major focus of the game but then again PvP never has been in the Diablo series.

If somebody has a link to a TV spot showcasing PvP as any kind of significant element to the game, I'm happy to take a look and I'll be equally happy to eat my words - but I'm not seeing it.

Now admittedly, I don't care about PvP - never have, doubt I ever will. But I would be curious to see what those that do think was promised and not delivered? A link to a post, anything that points to it being bigger than it currently is.
Reply Quote
07/11/2014 02:10 PMPosted by Merc13
07/11/2014 01:54 PMPosted by GoauldOfWar

I do not give a crap about what you are talking about one bit.

We bought Diablo and expect Diablo with trading and pvp. Without those two this is not Diablo.

the game is better without trading, some pvp system on the other hand, would be nice!
Reply Quote

Yes. It doesn't say anything about PvP. Not a single hint that it even exists.
Reply Quote
07/11/2014 02:17 PMPosted by Shortydoowop
Yes. It doesn't say anything about PvP. Not a single hint that it even exists.

It didn't have to. We purchased Diablo and everyone assumed being a Diablo title that PVP would be in the game.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]