Diablo® III

Xbox one: good news for multiplayer co-op

Xbox one only needs 1 gold Subscription for online multiplayer co-op.

http://support.xbox.com/en-CA/xbox-one/xbox-live/xbox-live-gold-sharing-features

On 360 this does not work.
Reply Quote
That's for all games and content it's part of the parent account with child account for the one
Reply Quote
Community Manager
I saw this thread and thought it was pretty interesting, so I went ahead and asked around about it.

Microsoft has made some changes to the Xbox One that will now allow mixed multiplayer co-op games (i.e. games with both Gold and Silver members) to take their game session online. This is how local co-op games on the Xbox One version of Diablo III Ultimate Evil Edition will work, as well. The only requirement is that the profile with the Gold membership will need to confirm that the Xbox One being used is that profile’s Home console.

I should point out that this is unfortunately not possible with the Xbox 360, and everyone playing in a local co-op game on an Xbox Live account will need a Gold membership in order to take that game session online. In light of that, local co-op parties created for UEE on the Xbox 360 that include both Gold and Silver members will not be able to play online. You can, however, play along with a Xbox Live Gold Account using a Guest account on Xbox 360, but you will not be able to keep your save data.”
Edited by Grimiku on 7/15/2014 6:01 PM PDT
Reply Quote
07/15/2014 06:01 PMPosted by Grimiku
I saw this thread and thought it was pretty interesting, so I went ahead and asked around about it.

Microsoft has made some changes to the Xbox One that will now allow mixed multiplayer co-op games (i.e. games with both Gold and Silver members) to take their game session online. This is how local co-op games on the Xbox One version of Diablo III Ultimate Evil Edition will work, as well. The only requirement is that the profile with the Gold membership will need to confirm that the Xbox One being used is that profile’s Home console.

I should point out that this is unfortunately not possible with the Xbox 360, and everyone playing in a local co-op game on an Xbox Live account will need a Gold membership in order to take that game session online. In light of that, local co-op parties created for UEE on the Xbox 360 that include both Gold and Silver members will not be able to play online. You can, however, play along with a Xbox Live Gold Account using a Guest account on Xbox 360, but you will not be able to keep your save data.”

This is why Xbox is terrible and everyone should stick to sony.

"You must pay an extra 5 bucks a month to play with other people, and if not, your membership will be miserable, and microsoft still has your money."

I cant find a single reason to play Xbox over Playstation.
Reply Quote
07/15/2014 09:09 PMPosted by Jakkal07

"You must pay an extra 5 bucks a month to play with other people, and if not, your membership will be miserable, and microsoft still has your money."

if you owned both consoles you'd start fewer console wars on the internet and your health would improve significantly
Reply Quote

You have no idea what you are talking about. Good job looking stupid tho. Xbox one gives players a chance to not pay anything as long as they play with some1 who has a gold membership. ( silver is free ) Now sony won't let you do that on ps4. So how is sony better? You do know they charge for ps plus now right? Oh, I'm sorry you didn't know that did you. If you are talking about 360 vs ps3 then yes, sony is free but you get what you pay for. I have own all systems including the new ones and xbox live is far batter than ps network.

What did you mean by "you must pay an EXTRA 5 bucks a month to play with other people"? Silver is free and you pay 0$ a month......
Reply Quote
07/15/2014 10:10 PMPosted by Azazel

You have no idea what you are talking about. Good job looking stupid tho. Xbox one gives players a chance to not pay anything as long as they play with some1 who has a gold membership. ( silver is free ) Now sony won't let you do that on ps4. So how is sony better? You do know they charge for ps plus now right? Oh, I'm sorry you didn't know that did you. If you are talking about 360 vs ps3 then yes, sony is free but you get what you pay for. I have own all systems including the new ones and xbox live is far batter than ps network.

What did you mean by "you must pay an EXTRA 5 bucks a month to play with other people"? Silver is free and you pay 0$ a month......

Xbox Live USED to be better before PSN introduced PS Plus. Not only is PS Plus cheaper than Gold, but it also pays for itself with its monthly free games. Infact PS Plus was so effective, Microsoft outright took that exact formula and called it Games with Gold. However, its too bad the free games that the Gold service offers completely suck... Oh, and did I mention that services like Netflix are free on PS3 & PS4 whereas as Xbox they are Gold restricted? Oh yes, Xbox One also runs on Windows 8 which is to this day the most hated OS on the market. PS4's new OS took the old XMB and improved on everything that needed it while offering an easy and painless clutter free navigation.

Xbox One better than PS4? Now THAT claim is as uneducated as it gets, you have no room to talk...
Reply Quote
^ Once again dude know your facts. Netflix, youtube, etc. do NOT require gold to work on xbox. In the past yes but not any-more. I'm not gonna go into detail because I like both systems and this to me is not a console war, but how many times has Playstation copied Xbox and make a new version of something?
It's called competition dude. I also perfer Xbox's dashboard to Playstations......if you enjoy spending 10 minutes scrolling through all the horizontal squares ok........but I like to find my stuff easily with my Xbox. Once again I own both and enjoy them both. I just hate when people spread around blind hate without real information ( like you have )
Reply Quote
07/15/2014 10:10 PMPosted by Azazel

Xbox Live USED to be better before PSN introduced PS Plus. Not only is PS Plus cheaper than Gold, but it also pays for itself with its monthly free games. Infact PS Plus was so effective, Microsoft outright took that exact formula and called it Games with Gold. However, its too bad the free games that the Gold service offers completely suck... Oh, and did I mention that services like Netflix are free on PS3 & PS4 whereas as Xbox they are Gold restricted? Oh yes, Xbox One also runs on Windows 8 which is to this day the most hated OS on the market. PS4's new OS took the old XMB and improved on everything that needed it while offering an easy and painless clutter free navigation.

Xbox One better than PS4? Now THAT claim is as uneducated as it gets, you have no room to talk...

Honestly sir, you are grossly misinformed. I have bolded two parts of your statement that are wrong.

For your first statement, as the person just above me stated, you do not have to have a gold subscription to use netflix and the like. Silver accounts are just fine for those services.

As for your second statement about Xbox One running Windows 8, it is also, not true. The UI was custom built for the Xbox One. Just like the PS4 custom built their UI. The Xbox One UI has a Windows 8 Kernal running on the OS. This means it will be easier to bring great software and games to the Xbox One that already run on the Phone or Tablet/Computer.

I can only assume that you have yet to really use an Xbox One and this will likely fall on deaf, sony fanboy ears.

Having said that, the really cool thing is that I do not even have to have my main gold membership logged in to the console to use one of my silver accounts to play online and access gold features. My girlfriend, brother, and friend all have their own silver accounts on my One that they can take advantage of all my gold features when i'm away from my box.
Reply Quote
Honestly sir, you are grossly misinformed. I have bolded two parts of your statement that are wrong.

For your first statement, as the person just above me stated, you do not have to have a gold subscription to use netflix and the like. Silver accounts are just fine for those services.

As for your second statement about Xbox One running Windows 8, it is also, not true. The UI was custom built for the Xbox One. Just like the PS4 custom built their UI. The Xbox One UI has a Windows 8 Kernal running on the OS. This means it will be easier to bring great software and games to the Xbox One that already run on the Phone or Tablet/Computer.

I can only assume that you have yet to really use an Xbox One and this will likely fall on deaf, sony fanboy ears.

That's like Saying Samsung doesn't use Android on their Galaxy S phones, instead they use a "Custom UI built for use with Android, but it isn't android!".

The Xbox One does in fact use the Windows 8 operating system, a different UI doesn't change that fact at all.
Edited by SirSteel#1419 on 7/15/2014 11:43 PM PDT
Reply Quote
07/15/2014 11:10 PMPosted by Azazel
^ Once again dude know your facts. Netflix, youtube, etc. do NOT require gold to work on xbox. In the past yes but not any-more. I'm not gonna go into detail because I like both systems and this to me is not a console war, but how many times has Playstation copied Xbox and make a new version of something?
It's called competition dude. I also perfer Xbox's dashboard to Playstations......if you enjoy spending 10 minutes scrolling through all the horizontal squares ok........but I like to find my stuff easily with my Xbox. Once again I own both and enjoy them both. I just hate when people spread around blind hate without real information ( like you have )

10 minutes? Lol... Way to exaggerate dude... I dont hate Xbox One, nor did I say so in my previous post. I'm not trying to start a console war either. Im not spreading around blind hate, just giving my personal opinion on XBL and PSN. Horizontal squares not your thing? Well omnidirectional squares arent mine... What did PlayStation take from Xbox? You tell me. I too enjoy both consoles, but I have more discrepancies with X1 than PS4. Netflix is now free? Thats news to my ears, but I will stand corrected.
Reply Quote
07/15/2014 11:41 PMPosted by Decapitator

That's like Saying Samsung doesn't use Android on their Galaxy S phones, instead they use a "Custom UI built for use with Android, but it isn't android!".

The Xbox One does in fact use the Windows 8 operating system, a different UI doesn't change that fact at all.

I was about to get to that, but you took the words right out of my mouth. You are correct.
Reply Quote
07/15/2014 11:41 PMPosted by Decapitator

And the PS4 OS is based off of a version of Unix, I am missing your point.

The person above was saying that it runs on Windows 8, further comparing it to the PC version saying "most hated OS on the market". If you or he had actually used the One you would know that the OS is quite a bit different from the PC and even the Tablet version.

The One runs a Windows 8 Kernal that is stripped down from the PC version and is a part of a 3 part OS not seen on PC's or Tablets. That kernal is as close as it gets to PC and it isn't even something you'll ever see. Runs in the background.

To make the comparison to the PC is absurd, and that was my point, It does not run Windows 8 as you know it on PC.
Edited by Crushade#1817 on 7/16/2014 12:00 AM PDT
Reply Quote
07/15/2014 11:47 PMPosted by TranceFormer
10 minutes? Lol... Way to exaggerate dude... I dont hate Xbox One, nor did I say so in my previous post. I'm not trying to start a console war either. Im not spreading around blind hate, just giving my personal opinion on XBL and PSN. Horizontal squares not your thing? Well omnidirectional squares arent mine... What did PlayStation take from Xbox? You tell me. I too enjoy both consoles, but I have more discrepancies with X1 than PS4. Netflix is now free? Thats news to my ears, but I will stand corrected.

I'm not going to go into it......I do not want this thread to turn into a console war. Lets just agree that honestly they are both almost the same systems just with a different logo on them. There are a few things on xbox I like better, and then there are a few things I like on playstation better. They both play the games we love and we shouldn't always turn everything into xbox vs ps & both vs pc.
Reply Quote
31 Orc Warrior
Look here guys you both have your vices on each system I for one dropped out of the console war after dropping nearly $1000 on the XB360 and Kinect. After figuring out most of the games cross over to PC. I can spend the same amount of money on a high end pc and get more out of it. Better graphics, better sound, better experience and I can chose the OS the point I'm trying to make is consoles are money pits that don't give you any freedom of choice. not to mention you cant upgrade consoles at all. But, to each his own as time goes on the monetary end of this will only get worse soon you will have to pay for consoles like you do cell phones plus have to pay for the features.
Reply Quote
LOUD NOISES!!
Reply Quote
07/15/2014 11:58 PMPosted by Azazel
07/15/2014 11:47 PMPosted by TranceFormer

I'm not going to go into it......I do not want this thread to turn into a console war. Lets just agree that honestly they are both almost the same systems just with a different logo on them. There are a few things on xbox I like better, and then there are a few things I like on playstation better. They both play the games we love and we shouldn't always turn everything into xbox vs ps & both vs pc.

Let's just Agree that PS4 is considerably more powerful and cheaper, with a cheaper online service.
Reply Quote
Can't we all just agree that the Wii U is better than both of them? :D I'll take a single, Direct from Nintendo release over 100 other developer titles any day of the week. (sorry, Blizz, I still love D3 and would totally play a console version if it was on the Nintendo police siren. Wii u Wii u Wii u).

Back on topic, though, good for Microsoft. Allowing guests to play like that. Its a shame you can't save your data on a silver account without upgrading to gold, though. Effectively turns a game like D3 into a pay to play.
Reply Quote
07/16/2014 05:08 AMPosted by Frostraven
07/15/2014 11:58 PMPosted by Azazel

Let's just Agree that PS4 is considerably more powerful and cheaper, with a cheaper online service.

PlayStation has a cheaper online service? I got two years of Xbox LIVE Gold for $50. You just need to know where to look.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]