Diablo® III

D3V > ROS

When I purchased ROS I had the fun of playing D3 for about 3 weeks

When I purchased D3v i had the fun of playing D3 for close to 1 year

the difference? even with the crappy drops in D3v i knew that if something good dropped I would be able to sell it and buy the item i needed to complete my build. and yes...even with an AH around i played daily...even when i had BIS in each slot

In ROS you are at the mercy of the RNG god
Reply Quote
I have to agree with you here. I miss the RMAH. You could have full BiS and still want to play because a good item could drop that you could sell.

Now, there's nothing to do other than collect Forgotten Souls.
Reply Quote
I agree, BOA is getting on everyones nerves. AS in there is nothing to do, i Loved selling/trading gear for the specific piece i needed
Reply Quote
+1, I wish they would have just added Crusader and adventure mode but left everything else untouched.
Reply Quote
I just don't understand the logic in ruining the game for many simply because some people can't sleep at night if a gold farmer is out there feeding his/her family by selling game items for real money.

I mean seriously, why do people care that much?

This is not a competitive game. There's no competitive PvP, and ladders are not a good competition - more of an indicator on who has more free time, cousins, or botting programs.

Sigmund Freud would have loved this community if he was still alive. Only in a church have I seen so many people completely disgusted by what other people are doing that has minimal, if any, affect on them personally.
Reply Quote
Yeah, I enjoyed D3V more than RoS. This is just mind numblingly boring.
Reply Quote
Unless you were familiar with buying and selling and correct pricing, you were forced to be exposed to the AH. Some people didn't want to use the AH but the drop rates were crazy so they had not much choice in the matter. It would have been fine if they introduced a BoA mode with better drop rates instead of forcing everyone into it.
Reply Quote
kind of like they FORCED everyone into this BOA crap?
Reply Quote
07/11/2014 05:37 PMPosted by Mmbah
I have to agree with you here. I miss the RMAH. You could have full BiS and still want to play because a good item could drop that you could sell.

07/11/2014 05:46 PMPosted by Jace
I just don't understand the logic in ruining the game for many simply because some people can't sleep at night if a gold farmer is out there feeding his/her family by selling game items for real money.

http://www.incgamers.com/2013/05/no-rollbacks-for-diablo-3-auction-house-after-gold-duping

Seems like you have conveniently forgotten how the RMAH destroyed Diablo 3 and pissed off a lot of people.
Reply Quote
They should have just added loot 2.0 buffed drop rates and left trading how it was. But as others pointed out when they decided to make the change it might have had more to do with legal ramifications than them actually wanting to improve the game. We will probably never know for sure.
Reply Quote
07/11/2014 05:53 PMPosted by Brad
It would have been fine if they introduced a BoA mode with better drop rates instead of forcing everyone into it.

07/11/2014 05:57 PMPosted by Rex
kind of like they FORCED everyone into this BOA crap?

Read moar.
Reply Quote
07/11/2014 06:01 PMPosted by Pillion
http://www.incgamers.com/2013/05/no-rollbacks-for-diablo-3-auction-house-after-gold-duping

Seems like you have conveniently forgotten how the RMAH destroyed Diablo 3 and pissed off a lot of people.

I haven't forgotten. Perhaps reading my entire post would help >.>

I simply don't understand why so many people care. In a non-competitive environment, why do so many people care what other people are doing?

For the record, I'm not for the RMAH. I'm for in-game currency only as a means of trading.
Reply Quote
Not this crap again. For the people who still don't understand how the AH ruined the game and will so if implemented again should go do a little research on how botter and goldsellers work. Maybe realize that you can't have an AH and current drop rates in the same game.

Maybe while you are at it look up inflation in a dictionary. Leaderboards comming, no thanks to pay to win and mindless gold farm. I'd much rather have BoA and get legendary drops i can't trade and use the that crap again.

It's like noone remembers what ruined D2 and vanilla D3. Bots everywhere. Don't have a gazillion gold? Don't expect a decent weapon.

If you guys had fun on 30 seconds breaking vases runs that's your deal but please don't infest the forums with this kind of crap and try to think a little about how it was and the game it would lead to.
Reply Quote
07/11/2014 05:25 PMPosted by Bizi
the difference? even with the crappy drops in D3v i knew that if something good dropped I would be able to sell it and buy the item i needed to complete my build. and yes...even with an AH around i played daily...even when i had BIS in each slot

+1

Simple adjustments could bring the AH back n put 3rd party sites/flippers to minimal activities .

Items bought off AH = BoA
Items unsold = BoA
No more gold selling .
No more sniping , top 10 bidders randomly chosen for winner when auction time ends .
Have only 2 hours to decide if u wanna put that item up for auction/trade to your party members once it dropped .
Reply Quote
07/11/2014 05:37 PMPosted by Mmbah

Now, there's nothing to do other than collect Forgotten Souls.

I have to disagree with you here. There were no good item drops. I think of the thousands of hours I played in D3V, I found exactly 1 item that ended up selling for more than 10mil gold. The only possible way I even got gear at all was flipping the AH. I'd rather play the game as it is now and be able to find my own upgrades than play auction house tycoon.
Reply Quote
07/11/2014 06:46 PMPosted by chaOz

+1

Simple adjustments could bring the AH back n put 3rd party sites/flippers to minimal activities .

Items bought off AH = BoA
Items unsold = BoA
No more gold selling .
No more sniping , top 10 bidders randomly chosen for winner when auction time ends .
Have only 2 hours to decide if u wanna put that item up for auction/trade to your party members once it dropped .

1. Doesn't stop botting/goldsellers and pay to win
2. See above.
3. Umm yes
4. Huh?
5. Yes because creating a program to determine the value of an item and auto put it for sale is so hard and some serious math /sarcasm off + See 1.

I swear the bring back trading camp gets more stupid by the hour. It's like you people don't want to see the consequences of it and just need something to complain about on the forums. I wonder if in an alternate reality where blizzard brought back trading if it wouldn't be the same people there posting threads about the bot/goldseller/whatever problem to get rid of trading...
Reply Quote
We proved that we can't have nice things. Blizzard doesn't concentrate on this game enough to care about whether or not you have the RMAH. They took it off for a reason, its going to stay gone. If you don't like it, go play POE.
Reply Quote
the difference?

the core gameplay didn't change so the shiny new paint dulled a bit, RoS was just same old.
Reply Quote
07/11/2014 06:54 PMPosted by Mordikay
I swear the bring back trading camp gets more stupid by the hour. It's like you people don't want to see the consequences of it and just need something to complain about on the forums. I wonder if in an alternate reality where blizzard brought back trading if it wouldn't be the same people there posting threads about the bot/goldseller/whatever problem to get rid of trading...

Every other online multiplayer game has an economy. They also have third party sites selling in-game currency, items, and carries.

Know what those forums aren't full of? People complaining about it.

Know what those games are full of? People playing the game instead of sitting on the forums.

Only in Diablo do people seem to have a serious problem with what has been a reality in online gaming since the beginning.
Reply Quote
Loot finding in this game works as if trading was still a thing. With or without trading, we need a constant feeling of progression. The trick is finding how to raise the ceiling high enough so that it would take a while without making becoming futile so early.

In vanilla, you could grind and sell junk to increase your wallet size which can in turn polish an equipment slot further. We always at least felt like we were moving. In RoS, even though there's another act and adventure mode, the feeling of progression is taken away too early. The game isn't difficult, it just feels like you're wasting your time.
Edited by MrDrProf#1797 on 7/11/2014 7:11 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]