Diablo® III

D3V > ROS

50 Orc Hunter
07/11/2014 05:25 PMPosted by Bizi
When I purchased ROS I had the fun of playing D3 for about 3 weeks

When I purchased D3v i had the fun of playing D3 for close to 1 year

the difference? even with the crappy drops in D3v i knew that if something good dropped I would be able to sell it and buy the item i needed to complete my build. and yes...even with an AH around i played daily...even when i had BIS in each slot

In ROS you are at the mercy of the RNG god

So go play Act 1-4 over and over and over and over and it will be just the D3V
Reply Quote
nobody asked for BOA ....... most ppl just wanted to get rid of the rmah ! and now we got a non trading diablo game :D just silly
Reply Quote
07/12/2014 12:26 AMPosted by Recluce
Its sad watching the slowly evolving revelation of how BoA didn't fix things.... and even worse watching the pro BoA guys hold on for dear life and tell people if you don't like it gtfo.

Millions of accounts did gfto.... just compare numbers of D3v sales vs expansion.... more and more are gtfo-ing...... but yeah, keep telling people to leave, that will will make a very healthy game full of content filled expansions in the future.

Speaking of the future, if you are really fed up with the incompetence of the dev teams decision making, make the right choice for yourself in the future. Do not buy.... look at the changes they are making, decide if the game will actually be what you desire, and if its not just say no. Around 10 million accounts already did with RoS... Throw a few million more for the next expansion they offer (if they even bother) that takes away options rather than adds to them, and maybe they will get the message when a vanilla game sells 15 million copies and the second expansion gets a million or two.

You have to vote with your wallet to make changes. Its not that hard to just say no. There are plenty of games out there where the devs do not make a point of trying to take away any choice you have and force you into the most boring path there is. Spend the money there. Play the forum game here instead. Its free, you can keep updated on the slim possibility that there will ever be a be an actual successor to diablo 2, and it is vastly more entertaining than grinding for the sake of grinding.

Millions of accounts did gfto.... just compare numbers of D3v sales vs expansion.... more and more are gtfo-ing...... but yeah, keep telling people to leave, that will will make a very healthy game full of content filled expansions in the future.

Guess what that is BoA working as intended. If you think for a minute Blizzard did not anticipate them leaving you are delusional. BoA was designed to cull these people and to keep them out. So consider that when you vote with your wallet. Blizzard will just throw you on the bonepile with the others and never even look for a wallet. They just can't grasp the fact that Blizzard wanted them gone.

Btw you're sales numbers are off. Go read some more fox newish web pages.

But hey you can go play PoE or any of the games on the Steam life support all you want. I really do not see a problem here.
Reply Quote
For me it was the other way round.
In D3v the drops were so horrible that I stopped playing after 2 months of frustration.
In RoS I had way more fun because I progressed a lot faster, all by finding my own gear.
Even though in RoS the RNG dependancy is way too high as well.

We need a way to get to the desired gear 100% guaranteed. If we put enough grinding effort into it.
Atm you can grind hundreds or even thousands of hours and not receive the parts youre looking for.
Reply Quote
07/11/2014 06:46 PMPosted by chaOz
Simple adjustments could bring the AH back n put 3rd party sites/flippers to minimal activities .

Items bought off AH = BoA
Items unsold = BoA
No more gold selling .
No more sniping , top 10 bidders randomly chosen for winner when auction time ends .
Have only 2 hours to decide if u wanna put that item up for auction/trade to your party members once it dropped .

1. Doesn't stop botting/goldsellers and pay to win
2. See above.
3. Umm yes
4. Huh?
5. Yes because creating a program to determine the value of an item and auto put it for sale is so hard and some serious math /sarcasm off + See 1.

I swear the bring back trading camp gets more stupid by the hour. It's like you people don't want to see the consequences of it and just need something to complain about on the forums. I wonder if in an alternate reality where blizzard brought back trading if it wouldn't be the same people there posting threads about the bot/goldseller/whatever problem to get rid of trading...

1.Seasons will ensure botting remains , even now there are still people botting . No gold selling/trading will demise gold sellers like now . P2W ? You're seriously concerned over that ? I'm more concerned about the gamers that I've been gaming together for years since D3V quitting .
2. See above .
3. I did give it a thought about this and not posting randomly like it meant nothing than just "PLEASE BRING BACK THE AH " .
4.Sniping is the worst thing that happened in the auction house besides the gold duping issues .
5.We already have 2 hrs to trade to our party members upon drops . adding this into the AH couldn't be as difficult as you say .

I swear the do not bring back trading camp gets more stupid by the hour. It's like you people don't want to see players getting ahead of you if they have more dough than time to spend on games while you only have the time and just need something to complain about on the forums. I wonder if in an alternate reality where blizzard do not bring back trading if it wouldn't be the same people there posting threads about the drop rate and contents when you have reached max paragon without the one single piece of item you wished to have after endless grinding towards nothingness ./Sarcasm on .

P.S : Sarcasm on for trading haters who jumped at every chance to scold people 'stupid/GTFO quit if you must have trading/find other games that have trading blah blah blah' when many others just wanted to have a decent discussion in 'GENERAL DISCUSSION' sections .

07/11/2014 07:09 PMPosted by Gungnir
In vanilla, you could grind and sell junk to increase your wallet size which can in turn polish an equipment slot further. We always at least felt like we were moving. In RoS, even though there's another act and adventure mode, the feeling of progression is taken away too early. The game isn't difficult, it just feels like you're wasting your time.

^

07/11/2014 09:31 PMPosted by Taaz
Simply removing the auction house (which I also enjoyed using) and not binding items to account would have been fine, but why did they go the extra step and remove trading/economy entirely? Makes no sense to me

BoA needs to be around to prevent 3rd party sites imo .

07/12/2014 01:21 AMPosted by Zozza
Sigh, just another CC warrior that is crying that they actually have to PLAY the game to get gear.
It was sooooooo fun having the worst drop rate in history and only being able to gear from the AH. I found 1, only 1 piece of gear from a monster.

BoA is one of the best things to happen to this game.
Deal with it.

07/12/2014 02:41 AMPosted by hucka
trading wont come back

deal with it

We DO know trading won't come back . And meaning ? We don't get to discuss about something without getting a snap from the ones who are paying as much for the game as anyone did ?
When AH is born with D3 along with trading ?
When someone like us are playing D3V and not spending time in forums to realise those not playing the game BUT spending time in forums got the AH to close down cause they whine more than ever ?
When the crafting mats were totally removed just because whiners whine about stash spaces ?
When the content is to grind for nothingness ?
When we can't get that one item after thousands of hours grinding ?
When 80% of the players we've gamed with for years since D3V are quitting ?

07/12/2014 05:13 AMPosted by ThanatosVI
We need a way to get to the desired gear 100% guaranteed. If we put enough grinding effort into it.
Atm you can grind hundreds or even thousands of hours and not receive the parts youre looking for.

^
Reply Quote
07/12/2014 03:09 AMPosted by Bombus
I read 15m vs 5m last I checked.
It's sketchy, haven't seen anything official.
But a third retention rate for an expansion is very good indeed.

Yeah those numbers might be out of date by now, but that was a decent rough estimate. But a third retention rate good? Look at the numbers for any other flagship games from atvi and tell me how happy they would be with retaining a third of their customers from each next expansion or title in the series.

07/12/2014 04:20 AMPosted by DeadRu
Guess what that is BoA working as intended. If you think for a minute Blizzard did not anticipate them leaving you are delusional. BoA was designed to cull these people and to keep them out. So consider that when you vote with your wallet. Blizzard will just throw you on the bonepile with the others and never even look for a wallet. They just can't grasp the fact that Blizzard wanted them gone.

Btw you're sales numbers are off. Go read some more fox newish web pages.

But hey you can go play PoE or any of the games on the Steam life support all you want. I really do not see a problem here.

Deadru.... still trolling with the same garbage posts.... congrats, you are definitely one of the oldest trolls still around. I like to think that your trolling gets more angry and pointless as people points get more correct and their logic more sound. So yeah, thanks for the compliment.
Edited by Recluce#1138 on 7/12/2014 10:06 AM PDT
Reply Quote
I really didn't like D3V that much but I enjoyed the freedom in it. I feel like we have 0 freedom. Bliz has nerfed everything into the ground, forcing its player base to farm in rifts.. oh ya and the fact that there is boa.
Reply Quote
07/12/2014 03:42 AMPosted by Dârksniper
07/11/2014 05:25 PMPosted by Bizi
When I purchased ROS I had the fun of playing D3 for about 3 weeks

When I purchased D3v i had the fun of playing D3 for close to 1 year

the difference? even with the crappy drops in D3v i knew that if something good dropped I would be able to sell it and buy the item i needed to complete my build. and yes...even with an AH around i played daily...even when i had BIS in each slot

In ROS you are at the mercy of the RNG god

i think this person did not bother reading
Edited by Bizi#1372 on 7/12/2014 5:28 PM PDT
Reply Quote
In D3V drops were balanced around playing Auction House Tycoon. So I never saw any drops ever. The game was boring as crap. I basically farmed mats to sell to people to accumulate gold to buy an upgrade in the auction house. All in all that sounds like a job... and one I wouldn't take in the real world. Why on earth would I choose that as a form of entertainment.

In ROS, on the other hand, I'm able to actually go kill demons and get phat loot. Just by playing the game I can succeed, that's ignoring things like RIF/Kadala which pretty much are "I Win" buttons for those who like such things. In ROS I have great gear.
Reply Quote
I've been repeating this and don't mind to post this once again.

BoA is here to stay. AH is bad for the game.

If you don't like how the game progresses, quit. Don't complain about AH, it died for greater good. Diablo 3 feels now like Diablo should've been.

07/12/2014 05:26 PMPosted by Bizi
07/12/2014 03:42 AMPosted by Dârksniper

i think this person did not bother reading

'cause there's nothin' worth readin' from TC's first post. It's just the same old whine about AH being dead.
Edited by zeroxxx#6198 on 7/12/2014 5:44 PM PDT
Reply Quote
View profile
07/11/2014 07:09 PMPosted by Gungnir
In vanilla, you could grind and sell junk to increase your wallet size

Yeah, to the vendor...

Do you guys remember how awful the droprates were and how many times legendaries were ruined because of moronic stat combinations?
Reply Quote
07/12/2014 06:32 PMPosted by fingrknitter
Yeah, to the vendor...

You sell them in the Auction House.
Reply Quote
07/11/2014 06:01 PMPosted by Pillion
http://www.incgamers.com/2013/05/no-rollbacks-for-diablo-3-auction-house-after-gold-duping

Seems like you have conveniently forgotten how the RMAH destroyed Diablo 3 and pissed off a lot of people.

I don't care. I didn't forget. It made the game fun for me.
Reply Quote
Legendaries are too common now and aren't even exciting when they drop like they used to in d3v. BOA killed the fun in this game. I had fun trading and playing the game in d3v
Reply Quote
the biggest problem with AH were the AH sniping bots. if only every new bid = 10 more mins on the auction. and then you have AH only players. instead of players buying what they need for builds, they flip items, causing huge inflation like the housing market and legit players can't afford the new prices set by them.

I like boa, just not the current form of BOA in the game atm. it seems blizzard wants us to farm 10 years to get the good rolls on items.
Reply Quote
07/11/2014 06:30 PMPosted by Mordikay
Maybe while you are at it look up inflation in a dictionary. Leaderboards comming, no thanks to pay to win and mindless gold farm. I'd much rather have BoA and get legendary drops i can't trade and use the that crap again.

t's like noone remembers what ruined D2 and vanilla D3. Bots everywhere. Don't have a gazillion gold? Don't expect a decent weapon.

inflation in a video game...so either prices drop or prices are sky high...people say both? so which is it? it is both...crap items become cheap. BIS items become expensive. inflation plays no part with a game economy especially when they make new levels and what not. where are those level 60 BIS items you had? o yeah you put them on the chars your leveling up.

No need to put AH in leaderboards. make that stuff BOA. Why not?

bots are still in the game

i still do not have the weapon i am looking for in ROS

so your point is?

If you guys had fun on 30 seconds breaking vases runs that's your deal but please don't infest the forums with this kind of crap and try to think a little about how it was and the game it would lead to.

I personally ran around in act 3 when I finally was able to farm there.

07/11/2014 06:46 PMPosted by chaOz
tems bought off AH = BoA
Items unsold = BoA
No more gold selling .
No more sniping , top 10 bidders randomly chosen for winner when auction time ends .
Have only 2 hours to decide if u wanna put that item up for auction/trade to your party members once it dropped .

good points here

07/11/2014 06:53 PMPosted by atinybug
07/11/2014 05:37 PMPosted by Mmbah
I have to agree with you here. I miss the RMAH. You could have full BiS and still want to play because a good item could drop that you could sell.

Now, there's nothing to do other than collect Forgotten Souls.

I have to disagree with you here. There were no good item drops. I think of the thousands of hours I played in D3V, I found exactly 1 item that ended up selling for more than 10mil gold. The only possible way I even got gear at all was flipping the AH. I'd rather play the game as it is now and be able to find my own upgrades than play auction house tycoon.

and I will disagree with you. I was able to kill pre nerf Diablo inferno by only buying one item off the AH. and I never played AH tycoon. I would farm. post items and go back to farming.

sitting in the menu screen and working on flipping items is o wait...just like sitting in a menu screen right now waiting for an invite to kill a RG...hmmm or sitting in town gambling shards? or sitting in town trying to roll a stat into something usefull?

I have posted many times how much Blizzard has made sitting in town more rewarding than actually playing the game.. and you say that playing AH tycoon was bad? yet sitting in town now is good?

07/12/2014 01:21 AMPosted by Zozza
Sigh, just another CC warrior that is crying that they actually have to PLAY the game to get gear.
It was sooooooo fun having the worst drop rate in history and only being able to gear from the AH. I found 1, only 1 piece of gear from a monster.

BoA is one of the best things to happen to this game.
Deal with it.

see above

07/12/2014 04:16 AMPosted by Toxn
nobody asked for BOA ....... most ppl just wanted to get rid of the rmah ! and now we got a non trading diablo game :D just silly

yup. anyone that wanted BOA are WOW players...why are they not playing that if they like WOW so much? MMO is NOT an AARPG

07/12/2014 05:43 PMPosted by zeroxxx
I've been repeating this and don't mind to post this once again.

BoA is here to stay. AH is bad for the game.

If you don't like how the game progresses, quit. Don't complain about AH, it died for greater good. Diablo 3 feels now like Diablo should've been.

you can keep saying it. but i have been trading in video games since 1997.... so D3ROS does NOT feel like diablo to me.... but gee what would I know...
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]