Diablo® III

I was kicked because of HIGH DPS, WTF?

@OP

I'm sorry dude but that's too funny. You went in there inspecting peoples profiles like you were effin man and you were going to kick the weak link out and show people what's up. And then you got booted.

A perfect ending to a not-so-cool story. =)
Reply Quote
@ Aohige....

I read the OP. So I ask you, how was the poor OP supposed to know there were 3 leechers waiting to take advantage of a high DPSer like himself? The way I see it, it's like if a rich guy sat next to three bums in a bar and the bums asked him to pay for their drinks if they talk to him. He said no thanks. I'm trying to make analogies so you guys can understand the DPS difference between his character and the rest of the group. Those guys had no business playing T5 and you know it...
Reply Quote
Then inspect them while you kill things? Multitasking in D3 isn't hard...

I feel bad you got kicked but the it happens. Move on and block communication.
Reply Quote
07/12/2014 09:14 PMPosted by Thanoscopter
@ Aohige....

I read the OP. So I ask you, how was the poor OP supposed to know there were 3 leechers waiting to take advantage of a high DPSer like himself? The way I see it, it's like if a rich guy sat next to three bums in a bar and the bums asked him to pay for their drinks if they talk to him. He said no thanks. I'm trying to make analogies so you guys can understand the DPS difference between his character and the rest of the group. Those guys had no business playing T5 and you know it...

If they were leechers, they would not have kicked him.

Were they equipped to handle T5? No. Should they play on lower difficulty? Yes.
But is it any of your damn business? No.

Do you have the right to act as an douchebag as long as it is within EULA terms? Yes.
But don't coming crying about it if your maligned intent backfired on you. That's just pathetic.
Edited by Aohige#1412 on 7/12/2014 9:21 PM PDT
Reply Quote
@ Aohige....

Bit is it any of your damn business? No.

The OP shouldn't have been kicked either. I'll be honest, if some 150k dps guy vote kicked me I'd be extremely upset with the vote kick mechanics. Maybe there should be a certain level you get to where you earn privileges like being able to kick. Why should a guy unequipped for T5 be able to boot players who are equipped for T5 in a T5 game? He doesn't have the credentials (gear) to make the decision.
Reply Quote
07/12/2014 09:23 PMPosted by Thanoscopter

The OP shouldn't have been kicked either. I'll be honest, if some 150k dps guy vote kicked me I'd be extremely upset with the vote kick mechanics. Maybe there should be a certain level you get to where you earn privileges like being able to kick. Why should a guy unequipped for T5 be able to boot players who are equipped for T5 in a T5 game? He doesn't have the credentials (gear) to make the decision.

What part of you did not understand "if you find yourself a minority, then it is perhaps you that should leave".

They did not want the 150k DPS guy to go. Most likely friends.
The OP, in his arrogance, wanted his way. So he was removed. It's a simple story.
Instead of crying about your ego being bruised, you should simply join another game, where the likelihood of low DPS group is much less.
Reply Quote
Why does anyone even get upset about this? I could understand if you opened a Rift and then got kicked - and I have heard of that happening. I'd be peeved about that too!

However...in this case, some lower level guys gave you the boot and it backfired on ya. That's funny! Laugh it off and join another game. Things like this shouldn't raise your blood pressure.
Reply Quote

In fact, Blizzard should create a "blacklist" function for players

not just toward substandard players in high torment lvl but also

rift key highjackers (e.g. provided rift keys, non AFK, being strongest in team, being vote out by 3 weak teammates)
Reply Quote
07/12/2014 09:31 PMPosted by EatALot

In fact, Blizzard should create a "blacklist" function for players

not just toward substandard players in high torment lvl but also

rift key highjackers (e.g. provided rift keys, non AFK, being strongest in team, being vote out by 3 weak teammates)

That's a constructive suggestion, although I would assume the chance of running into the same guy in a random isn't too high in the first place.
Reply Quote
How about an alternative. When you get vote-kicked, rather than get dismissed from the game, you have to PvP each of the remaining players. If you beat one of them, you get to stay. =P
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter

Again, did the OP open the rift? If he did, then its understandable that he is upset. But from what I read in his first post, he didn't. Someone else used their key fragments, maybe even the person who he tried to kick. And if that person was running with friends, well, the end result is not surprising.

In any event, I don't think it was the other folks who were leeching; if the OP was upset at their low dps, then he should've just left, especially since he really didn't have anything invested in the rift. From what he said, they hadn't gone far, so all he would've lost was a little time.
Reply Quote
07/12/2014 09:33 PMPosted by WhoopinOnYou
How about an alternative. When you get vote-kicked, rather than get dismissed from the game, you have to PvP each of the remaining players. If you beat one of them, you get to stay. =P

Heh, I think you just came up with the solution to improve D3's end game. That feature would be better than anything patch 2.1 is offering right now.
Reply Quote
07/12/2014 09:32 PMPosted by Aohige

That's a constructive suggestion, although I would assume the chance of running into the same guy in a random isn't too high in the first place.

Ah~~~ no

I have run into same whimpy substandard leech for many times
Everytime I run into that douche in T5 (sometimes in T6)
I'd say, "wow, under 300K in T5 (T6)?"

If i had known that free-rider lingering in that particular room
I wouldnt have wasted time to click the join button
Edited by EatALot#3909 on 7/12/2014 9:41 PM PDT
Reply Quote
07/12/2014 04:50 PMPosted by Alets
So they kicked me because I was killing faster than they and they were slow as fu ck. I was kicked because I didn't play like a team. Is this real? Those retards made me laugh

My money is in that you went far ahead from them, probably skipping whites, killing the elites in less time that they could do the same with the trash.

If I'm playing football with kids, I just don't tackle them as I would with people my age and weight. I understand it won't be fun for them, and I won't be looking good either.
Edited by Nicator#1579 on 7/12/2014 10:02 PM PDT
Reply Quote
07/12/2014 04:50 PMPosted by Alets
I decided to join a T5 game. I saw a portal open and then we entered to the rift. We killed the first elite but it takes more than ever. We keep moving in a low way so I decided to check a low level barb.

I saw he had 125 k dps and I was like WTF! Let's kick this leecher. I made a vote but it failed. Then they told me "in your dreams"

I keep inspecting their profiles and the other 2x sh!tty DH's were 278 k and 330 k DPS and I was like OMFG! So they kicked me because I was killing faster than they and they were slow as fu ck. I was kicked because I didn't play like a team. Is this real? Those retards made me laugh

A mature, normal player would have politely explained to that group that their dps was to low for T5, and that they'd drop more legendaries in T1 or T2, before leaving the game.

You were kicked because your langage is just terrible, it instantly put you into the "replace by censured term of choice" catergory. If you talked like that in my game, I'd vote to kick you, too, regardless of your dps.
Reply Quote
07/12/2014 07:47 PMPosted by Alets
Posted by Alets
07/12/2014 04:51 PMPosted by ShinObama
ewwwww 10% more fire damage on that andys.

as you can see I have all 6x characters you douche bag. ty for your comment

as you can see so do I "SIR". Thanks though ;)

Congratulations in your ugly 220 stats gems. They look cute :)

zzzzzzzzzz 60 stat on each gem is not something Im stressing. But maybe somehow to you its some kind of status thing? Dont really get it.
Reply Quote
07/12/2014 09:33 PMPosted by WhoopinOnYou

A.K.A. I demand a Trial By Combat!!! >:O
Edited by Liscelieu#1629 on 7/12/2014 11:02 PM PDT
Reply Quote
07/12/2014 04:51 PMPosted by ShinObama
ewwwww 10% more fire damage on that andys.

you use moonlight ward on your wd. 10% more fire damage is meh, moonlight ward on a wd is hilarity incarnate.
Reply Quote
@ Aohige....

Your making a large assumption they were waiting to take advantage. Why would they vote kick him if they wanted to take advantage? Maybe these three people(kids) were just trying to have a crazy challenge. It is summer and they could have been kids. My story is as likely as your story. We are all just making assumptions here.
Reply Quote

Totally disagree. I have a friend that is a crusader and he totally destroys T5 content. However sometimes when he plays with other friends he runs ahead killing only Elite packs sometimes 2 full levels below us in Rift and that is totally robbing us of Legendary drop chances when he is that far ahead. While we clear the white trash so in the end he gets the drops at the end when we get too 100%.

Seem Fair? Only reason I am not vote kicking my own friend is that these happen few and far between. Just because you have superior dps it does not give you a right to enter a game and pretend you own the place. Hense the word Public.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]